997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ordered parts for GT3 RS mk2 conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:05 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Wow, the first automatic RS 3.8.
ha ha.. nice eye. didnt see that or the badging....

well what ever makes you happy

Old 06-30-2010, 08:43 PM
T33
T33 is infamous around these parts
Nice look, seems like a lot of hard work though. You should change the steering wheel to OEM with paddle shifters.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Banned
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by T33
Nice look, seems like a lot of hard work though. You should change the steering wheel to OEM with paddle shifters.
I've received the new st. wheel with paddle shifters but I still need to order an airbag for it, thanks by the way for your kind words

Old 07-09-2010, 12:19 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Wow, the first automatic RS 3.8.
Well, to each their own I suppose.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:58 PM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

just saw the tiptronic.. dios mio!!!

anyways, other than that, I think the car looks great! good job... it takes a lot of time, patience and effort to take on this type of project, so hats off to you...

cool for you to do wat u do and ignore a lot of the neg comments.. would i do this? no, but everyone's got their own taste... a lot of forum members believe any mod should be 100% performance oriented... there's nothin wrong with show vs. go...

Old 07-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
the facelift looks great, how did you deal with widebody and sideskirt? Forget about re-upholstery the EVO, you need a pair of our sCGT seats ! We can made you a red leather set!

Old 07-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Banned
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Here's the rest of the batch, some FVD stainless steel brake lines, new racing brake fluid and engine oil, 2K10 steering wheel in alcantara w/airbag, RS door pull handles, RS wheel caps...

Attached Images      
Old 07-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Banned
And at Meguiars last week... Their products and service are top notch! Getting a new Alpine 7'' double din with nav, bluetooth, rear view cam, mp3, dvd etc. this weekend.. Will plan to document that with a proper camera and write-up. Rep away people!
Enjoy

Attached Images      
Old 07-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Ray
the facelift looks great, how did you deal with widebody and sideskirt? Forget about re-upholstery the EVO, you need a pair of our sCGT seats ! We can made you a red leather set!
Hi Ray, how is it going? The kit came only for the narrow body and I had my sideskirts painted in black but decided to delete the black paint again and have it in original color (seen in updated photos). I dont think fitting wide body GT2 skirts to a narrow body has been tried before, so we will see in time

Old 07-16-2010, 01:25 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by akim47
just saw the tiptronic.. dios mio!!!

anyways, other than that, I think the car looks great! good job... it takes a lot of time, patience and effort to take on this type of project, so hats off to you...

cool for you to do wat u do and ignore a lot of the neg comments.. would i do this? no, but everyone's got their own taste... a lot of forum members believe any mod should be 100% performance oriented... there's nothin wrong with show vs. go...
Exactly! The KW V3 had been installed two weeks ago, and Supersprint headers, SS mufflers and SS cat bypass had also been applied, with a K&N filter and sprint booster, OZ wheels, Sparco seats (considering how much the stock seats weigh), removing the stock engine panel (weighs a ton cos of the wing motor, compared to the body kit piece), and no rear seats and belts (ha-ha!) so there is considerable weight saving etc, so I would say it was all balanced with an updated look

Old 07-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by T33
Done!

Old 07-19-2010, 01:08 AM
Banned
A few additional photos from this weekend.. I replaced my PCM 2.1 with an Alpine IVA-502R double din system. I also added the following modules where it was necessary, Bluetooth (KCE350 BT), Navigation (NVE-M300P), MP3, DVD/DIVX, iPod connectivity (charge&play) and a wide angle lens rear backup camera. I also had the 'RS 3.8' badge installed just between the rear seats carpeting area. Resprayed the updated steering wheel to remove the little scratches etc. Installation was easy but cabling through the car for the rear backup camera was a ***** at times Overall it was a clean and fun install.. The sound quality is much better than the stock with just a nice 6-way amp, we didn't need to change the stock BOSE speakers at all. It was a total of 15 hours of labour, starting from 10 am Sat until 3 am Sun
Enjoy

Attached Images      
Old 07-19-2010, 01:10 AM
Banned
I will soon try and take a few photos of the unit working inside the car...

Attached Images      
Old 11-14-2010, 07:32 AM
sticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura about
Did you get the DRL's to work? And the flashers? It seems like this is a big problem...

Old 11-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by sticky4
Did you get the DRL's to work? And the flashers? It seems like this is a big problem...
All of them work with no problem at all. You just need to order two boxes of control modules (electronic units) from whomever you are order from. They are plug and play. Good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordered parts for GT3 RS mk2 conversion