997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2010 Carrera S ...nice pics !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor
Forza Forged is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PersianGodFatha
thats a hot car, not feeling the blue too much, not sure what the blue has to do with anything...but everything else looks sickkk... wonder what the mark up is on this bad boy
Thank you, the blue was to make something different, the car is for sale at The collection in Miami for $115,000.00

Yoan

Old 03-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Beautful car, the wheels look awesome!

Old 03-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Needs RS wing to match the front.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Auto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by adias
The blue-painted brake calipers are from a Carrera not an S.
adias,

Good catch. Let me add something else to your observation. The logo on the door sill also says Carrera and not Carrera S. From where I stand this car is a base model, not an S.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:09 PM
The Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to behold
Yoan,

Do you know what was needed to make the GT3 front end work? I have an 09 C2S, and i have heard anything from its a direct bolt on, to a bunch of parts being required to make it work ie: ducting, brackets, etc....

Old 03-05-2010, 07:28 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
$90K + $25K options. I could like the look without the blue rims - same wheels in 19s, but overall seems hard to justify. Put that $25K toward an S with full leather and maybe a few mods with more bang for the buck.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:55 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks really nice! I would prefer 19" wheels instead, but that's me. I really like the flat black rear diffuser and the flat black exhaust tips! Kind of remind me of my car

How come I've never seen this car in all the times I've been to the Collection?

Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 PM
anthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really nice
Another couple ways you can tell it's not an S: volcano gray A/C vents and black-face gauges.

Looks excellent!

Old 03-06-2010, 09:27 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by anthony
Another couple ways you can tell it's not an S: volcano gray A/C vents and black-face gauges.

That and the listing:

2010 Porsche Carrera Stock# 70459

Old 03-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by The Greek
Yoan,

Do you know what was needed to make the GT3 front end work? I have an 09 C2S, and i have heard anything from its a direct bolt on, to a bunch of parts being required to make it work ie: ducting, brackets, etc....
Send an email to andy@thecollection.com and he will help you with the details, we just provided the wheels for the car, they did the rest.

Thank You

Yoan

Old 03-08-2010, 10:09 AM
angelo1404 is infamous around these parts
VERY Cool!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Pker is infamous around these parts
Whats the exterior color of the car? Looks hotzzz.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Pker
Whats the exterior color of the car? Looks hotzzz.
The car is, Mineral Gray Porsche paint code LM7W.

Yoan

Old 03-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor
This is a video of the car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5eeK0CYe5A

Old 03-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
The GT3 front end (for a .1 at least) is quite simple. I ordered the part from SunCoast (great folks - as always), carried it to my shop for paint work and install and it was all done. No stress no stories. I've since removed it for some radiator work and it is very straightforward. FWIW, I think it looks great on every .1 on which I've seen it.
Re this car, it's quite beautiful (not sure about the blue brake parts), but a low/painted front splitter is just, IMHO, asking for trouble. I nicked my front GT3 splitter early and often; at under $200 consider them consumable parts; and often leave the beat one on (somehow with a white car it just looks 'well worn'). Very unlike me actually. I keep two spares in the garage for when I feel like freshening up the old gal.
It's hard to imagine that most people in most driving situations could keep that car looking as good as it does for very long. And the cost to bring it back to it's current look is a lot more than $200.
Also, for me the mod thing is a little like artistry. I'd rather start with the blank canvas (an 'S'!) and slowly add the parts that make it the car that I envision rather going with some other persons vision. Clearly a personal choice here of course.

Originally Posted by The Greek
Yoan,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 Carrera S ...nice pics !!