997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

opinion needed on a tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:24 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
For some reason I skipped this thread before. I will say Huper Optik like I have before. I had it on my silver 2007 Subaru STI and loved it. Pefect balance of dark but not. A great slight reflection that you dont get with anything else I have seen.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:15 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
LOL -- My prior post to this thread was not to tint. However, this AM I dropped off my car for a 35% on sides and rear. After I powder coated my wheels black, the car was too "bottom heavy" visually. I'll try to post pics today weather permitting.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:41 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
LOL -- My prior post to this thread was not to tint. However, this AM I dropped off my car for a 35% on sides and rear. After I powder coated my wheels black, the car was too "bottom heavy" visually. I'll try to post pics today weather permitting.

yeah.. lets see some before and after pics !

Old 03-25-2010, 01:45 PM
911rookie is infamous around these parts
I'm getting my rear windows tinted on my C2 coupe tomorrow... I know this discussion was for the cab, but what do you guys think about tint on a coupe? Is there any reason I should not do it? do you guys think it looks better without the tint?

Old 03-25-2010, 01:45 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
i see ur Pcar is not tinted but ur other cars (in ur sig) are..

is ur 911 a cab?

any reason u say 'no tint' on the Pcar?

thx in adv
Yes, I had the AMG cars tinted in the past but as I get older, I shy away from tinted windows and Cali cops are NOT very tint friendly. The MDX has factory tinted rear windows and the C63 is NOT tinted at all (it looks tinted due to the angle of the picture).

Old 03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
My car came with tint and I had to take the two sides off for a fix a ticket. However, now that I have it off, I like it. On my black cab, it provided 3 different shades of black, which looked sloppy. Plus, I love my interior and I want to show it off.
Michael,

On the car with the tint that you took off, do you still have tint in the rear windows? I'm thinking about tinting the back and the little side windows on my C2, but not sure if this will make it look ugly.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:34 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911rookie
Michael,

On the car with the tint that you took off, do you still have tint in the rear windows? I'm thinking about tinting the back and the little side windows on my C2, but not sure if this will make it look ugly.
just my 2 cents.. but it does not look good to have the rear quarter and the rear window tinted without tinting the sides.. or even having different shade of tint.. again just my opinion

Old 03-25-2010, 02:40 PM
just my 2 cents.. but it does not look good to have the rear quarter and the rear window tinted without tinting the sides.. or even having different shade of tint.. again just my opinion
Yeah.... I never actually thought about this, but now I'm thinking that you're absolutely right...

Hmm... I have to rethink this. Maybe I'll do the entire sides and back with a really light tint...

Old 03-25-2010, 02:40 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Michael,

I do have the back window and the little side windows with tint still only because I'm still unsure what to do. Am I going to just put the side windows back on and continue as I have always done or just take it off of all the windows. So, I have done nothing so far. It doesn't look bad at all on a C2 b/c those back side windows are really small. It almost blends in with the top, but I have a convertible. I imagine it would be similar on a coupe though. If I remember, I will take some pics and post.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
I do have the back window and the little side windows with tint still only because I'm still unsure what to do. Am I going to just put the side windows back on and continue as I have always done or just take it off of all the windows. So, I have done nothing so far. It doesn't look bad at all on a C2 b/c those back side windows are really small. It almost blends in with the top, but I have a convertible. I imagine it would be similar on a coupe though. If I remember, I will take some pics and post.
But it might look better with the black because like you said, it "blends in with the top." My car is meteor gray... So not sure how it would look...

Old 03-25-2010, 03:40 PM
porscheman1963 is infamous around these parts
Not a great pic of my Cab with tint and front windows up but best I have right now.

wow. thats gorgeous !

if i had a coupe, i would not even start this thread..

but with the cab, i havent decided yet if it looks better with or with out the tint..

i dont want to change the beautiful lines the Pcar has when the top is down..

does anyone have a pic (or a link) of a cab (with top down and front windows up) with a tint ?

thx in adv

Attached Images  
Old 03-25-2010, 04:08 PM
But it might look better with the black because like you said, it "blends in with the top." My car is meteor gray... So not sure how it would look...
tint all five windows with same shade.. cops in so cal dont really bother u unless u give them other reasons..

if irvine cops are more 'strict' u can go with all light-medium

Old 03-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by porscheman1963
Not a great pic of my Cab with tint and front windows up but best I have right now.
nice car ! ..must be nice to live in a state without tint restriction..

its hard to tell with the rear wind-shade up.. u got any pics during the day taken outside?

i know i am asking a lot .. but if u don't have any pics.. can u take the time to take some?.. u will thank me later

Old 03-25-2010, 04:22 PM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
i did formula one pinnacle 35%. in this pic, indoors and with the flash, the tint looks 5 percent but the 35% is perfect on the roads and in texas.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:29 PM
tint all five windows with same shade.. cops in so cal dont really bother u unless u give them other reasons..

if irvine cops are more 'strict' u can go with all light-medium

Yeah, maybe I'll do a really light one... Or just forget it altogether. I'm really going to get my clear bra done and the tint was just an afterthought...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: opinion needed on a tint