997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

opinion needed on a tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
opinion needed on a tint

just got a 07 S Cab

no pics of my own, so u will have to do with the dealer pics for now..

will post pics as soon as i can

i am considering a tint but unsure of the color or the degree of the tint..

i had formula one pinnacle tint previously (medium) and i loved it.. but i am not sure if the tint will go well with the this Pcar.. ..due to the Cocoa top.

any advice will be welcomed !

Also, i already ordered the SmartTop. Anything else I should look into?

thx in adv

Attached Images   
Old 03-08-2010, 08:31 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I really don't like tint at all but in the event that you must have it .. there is one car that impressed me the most. see post number 2 https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-no-tint.html

Old 03-08-2010, 08:42 PM
anthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really nice
Nice cab, great color combo. Pacific Porsche!

The first thing that popped into my head after I read your thoughts and saw your car is to maybe go with a light Huper Optik tint. Here's a good thread to give you an idea of what their 40% looks like on a 997, see what you think: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ver-1-5-a.html

Old 03-08-2010, 08:45 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
I vote for no tint on a Carrera.

I assume the tint was for aesthetics -- if so, one of the best things to do (for the money) IMO are springs and spacers for appearance.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:49 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
I like it ....I was thinking of doin the side and back. I then heard that stacy ( justatoy) was gonna do the front back and sides. Not sue about that. Im thinkin the sides and back r enough

Old 03-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Ditto. As I get older, the appeal of tint has really dropped. Moreover, tint on a cab seems a bit senseless.

Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
I vote for no tint on a Carrera.

I assume the tint was for aesthetics -- if so, one of the best things to do (for the money) IMO are springs and spacers for appearance.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:51 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
I like it ....I was thinking of doin the side and back. I then heard that stacy ( justatoy) was gonna do the front back and sides. Not sue about that. Im thinkin the sides and back r enough
WHAT THE........LOL...Jim you crack me up with these senseless comments!
I have no idea where you got that bit of BS,LOL!

A long time ago...waaaayyyyyy back in my YOUNG days I had done all that,only IT wasn't a Porsche,LOL!
IMO tint is "played".....
Also Porsche....especially Cabs.....just do not suit tint IMO!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 03-08-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:54 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
WHAT THE........

A long time ago...waaaayyyyyy back in my YOUNG days I had done all that,only IT wasn't a Porsche,LOL!
IMO tint is "played".....
Also Porsche....especially Cabs.....just do not suit tint IMO!

Stacy

cmon now!!!!!!!!!!! U told me last week u wanted to do the entire car!
fess up!

Old 03-08-2010, 08:57 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Based on other threads here and on Rennlist ( http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...archid=5457951)
the FIRST thing you need to look at is the Ca. law on tints. Then any decent tinter can show you the appropriate colors.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:13 PM
anthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really nice
Any % is illegal on front side windows and windshield. But if you go light enough, *hopefully* you will be okay. I can tell you from my experience that 30% will get you pulled over in a 997. If you need tint, go with lighter than that and hope for the best... my $0.02.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
My car came with tint and I had to take the two sides off for a fix a ticket. However, now that I have it off, I like it. On my black cab, it provided 3 different shades of black, which looked sloppy. Plus, I love my interior and I want to show it off.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 03-08-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
My car came with tint and I had to take the two sides off for a fix a ticket. However, now that I have it off, I like it. On my black cab, it provided 3 different shades of black, which looked sloppy. Plus, I love my interior and I want to show it off.

mike,
i (we, maybe not.....LOL) r just beakin *****. Leave it off. It looks 100% better

Jim

Old 03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
my cab is tinted, I say you should tint it, youll want your privacy... if you want somthing mild I think 35% will be great for you, its not dark, but still gives you privacy, and keeps the sun/heat out... another thing is 35% tint IMO isnt dark enough to get the cops looking at you the wrong way ...

Old 03-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
My eyes are extremely sensitive to sunlight, I live in ATL, and my car is black on black. All were terrific reasons to get my windows tinted. In fact, I went so far as to apply for a "tint limit exemption" with the help of my eye MD, and got approved, so I can go as far as 5% limo tint if I want to- which means only 5% of the light gets in. Now, that's dark. I did that on 2 previous cars, and they felt great inside, I really liked it. But from the outside, it was nearly opaque. If I got pulled over, I had the stamped certificate of exemption from the state. Still a hassle, though, as it's asking to be pulled over. And I didn't care for the opaque look, either.

Currently, I am running 35% tint, which is legal in GA, and it looks good on an all black car, very clean, and not too Gangsta. But from the inside, I do miss the super-dark womb-like feeling.

Seems to be an age thing, too. Younger owners tend to tint. Older think it's not classy. Not to be ageist, but that does seem to be the trend.
CATTMAN

Old 03-08-2010, 10:22 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman

Seems to be an age thing, too. Younger owners tend to tint. Older think it's not classy. Not to be ageist, but that does seem to be the trend.
CATTMAN
DAMN...knew that is why I didn't like it anymore.........Negative rep point for pointing it out though John.........BUT True!

Stacy

PS JKing on the neg. Rep

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: opinion needed on a tint