997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche Roadtrip Story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 09:56 AM
anthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond reputeanthinino has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche Roadtrip Story

Thought I share a recent Porsche experience. I am like the Porsche expert in my clique' of friends because I have had a 911 in my life since 1985 when I was 24 years old. One of my roles as the "expert", it’s all relative, has been to find the right Porsche for my friends. Recently I found a 997 CS Cab with rare linen/mocha combination in California (we live in Washington DC area). This was during our recent snowstorm, so my friend chose to fly to LA and drive the car back, we were in constant phone conversation as he dined and spent the night in different cities (a grown-up man’s road trip, need I say more).

Well, I was also in the market and found a 997 C4 Cab at Park Place Porsche in Dallas; my friend had just left the city. I immediately booked a flight the next morning to Dallas (should have seen the wife's face, not much she could say I just spent the last three days shoveling the driveway, I needed a break).

I picked the car up and immediately drove to Jackson Miss, where my friend was waiting. One of the amusing things about the trip was while completing the paperwork the dealer guy (mid 40’s) was so giddy about the fact that here we were grown men basically going on a road trip, you could tell in his conversation that it bought back fond memories of the good ole college days. I must admit I was reminiscing with a smile as I remember those good ole college days when you barely had a dime in your pocket but you and the guys always managed to conjure up enough nickels and dimes for the overpriced $1+ a gallon gas for a road trip and have a great time. Anyway, the trip was awesome, tiring though. It's funny I didn't remember getting tired on any of the college road trips.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:59 AM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
You don't remember getting tired on those road trips because of the endless discussions, refreshments, card games and comradery that you shared.
I remember a trip from Minnesota to Tijuana one Christmas break. Four fraternity brothers, in a AMC Rambler. I don't think we ever slept and once we got to Tijuana could not remember anything!
I like your thinking about your car one day and going to get it the next.
Congratulations and let's see pix on the new ride.