997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

A Porsche day to remember

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 07:37 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I have had a number of tire marks on my car (from the track), most just rub right off without any problems.

What an interesting day never the less.

The initial sight of the black tire streak was shocking. Most of the tires on the highways are either from large trucks or from small trailers where people tow boats (and may be rushing to get the boat to the ocean). A large turck tire would probably cause damage. With a boat its different as the tire is so small it can even disintegrate. I even had one instance where a guy with a boat sped by and blew a tire and the boat wagged back and forth like a dogs tail in front of my Turbo . That time it did not even leave a streak as the tire was so small it did disintegrate .

This was also a boat trailer tire . The boat was alreadyt on the side of the road with the owners but the tire was all over the highway . I thought I was ok in the exit lane but never expected the woman to cut across flinging the small tire bit.

When it wiped off it was a sigh of relief . I looked at the door today in the direct sunlight and not even a swirl is present. Phew!!!

Old 03-14-2010, 07:41 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Thanks guys . I still think the tire was more upsetting but that shark was more scary. I have seen sharks before at the beach but never this close to where I had been swimming .

Old 03-14-2010, 08:06 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Sharks, flying rubber, tire marks, and bad drivers, but I keep going back and looking at the big picture on Post #2. Just makes me want to drive to a warm beach somewhere (and it certainly isn't the Oregon coast).

South Florida - gotta love it.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by JoeShark
Sharks, flying rubber, tire marks, and bad drivers, but I keep going back and looking at the big picture on Post #2. Just makes me want to drive to a warm beach somewhere (and it certainly isn't the Oregon coast).

South Florida - gotta love it.
I tell you what . Here's another from yesterday . If you ever make it to Florida I can suggest a some nice vacation spots. Delray is my favorite beach though--easy parking -- quiet stretches of beach where one can do a few jogging sprints. The more populated beaches like South Beach and Ft Lauderdale have a bit more of a crowd but to me the beach is all about relaxation . In fact the one hour drive in the Porsche adds so much to the day.

Attached Images    
Old 03-14-2010, 09:11 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

just rubbing it in now

Old 03-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by JoeShark
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

just rubbing it in now
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm actually hoping you make it down. It was a cold winter which I suppose was good for driving these cars but it had begun to warm up this week and between March and the end of April are ideal months . September and October can also be good but the risk of hurricane is high at that time. Summer is hot (which I happen to like) and Dec/Jan is cold.

Thus.. now is the time !!!!

Old 03-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I'm actually hoping you make it down. It was a cold winter which I suppose was good for driving these cars but it had begun to warm up this week and between March and the end of April are ideal months . September and October can also be good but the risk of hurricane is high at that time. Summer is hot (which I happen to like) and Dec/Jan is cold.

Thus.. now is the time !!!!
Larry,

One of these days, one of these days.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:01 AM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
Seriously, next time, with that kind of luck, you need to buy a lotto ticket THAT day!

Old 03-15-2010, 02:11 PM
number9ine is a jewel in the roughnumber9ine is a jewel in the roughnumber9ine is a jewel in the roughnumber9ine is a jewel in the rough
Lucky day.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Well -- I washed the white car today and much to my surprise I found that the door and the plastic part that the tire hit was CLEANER than tne other side of my car. I didn't realize it then but I actually waxed one side of my car to get the rubber off and see it shine.

Now the NON tire side looks dirty . I guess I have my work cut out for me.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:45 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Well -- I washed the white car today and much to my surprise I found that the door and the plastic part that the tire hit was CLEANER than tne other side of my car. I didn't realize it then but I actually waxed one side of my car to get the rubber off and see it shine.

Now the NON tire side looks dirty . I guess I have my work cut out for me.
I spent all day Sunday applying a coat of Rejex to my car. I'm very happy with the results so far...I think you inspired me with your tire story.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
I spent all day Sunday applying a coat of Rejex to my car. I'm very happy with the results so far...I think you inspired me with your tire story.

I feel that no matter what i do to clean and wax my cars I just can't even come close to the local detailer named "El Chino" . He's that good. In fact my M3 faces the worst sun/outdoor/constrction /etc .. at it STILL shines from the wax he put on it months ago. In fact --the cars he did of mine looked BETTER than the day I bought them and the M3 has 25K miles on it.

I may have to wax the other side --but I think my car has to go to Chino to be at its best.