997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

A Porsche day to remember

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:12 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
A Porsche day to remember

So i took the car out for a drive out to the beach. It's one hour from Miami to Delray but it's beautiful there and a decent drive.

I am just about to pull off the exit and notice tire debris on the road. As I slowly navigated around the tire debris to the exit a woman in an old car , with no directional or brake light, (smoking, drinking a soda and taking on the phone) cut across two lanes to cut me off into the exit. She clipped a very small piece of tire and it hurled towards my car .

I pulled over to find a black line the entire length of my driver door as well as on the plastic bumper guard. I found an auto parts store , got some meguiars wax with cleaner and the entire streak wiped off completely. Here is the AFTER pics (taken at the end of the day,

I can't believe it had no scratch , no ding , the rubber just wiped off

Attached Images   

Last edited by yrralis1; 03-13-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:20 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
So I get to the beach -finally and it was beautiful.
75 degrees, no humidity, and the water was unusually calm.
I decided to take some pics and actually took the camera into the water carefully so that it would not get wet. I even took a picture of the shore from inside the water.

Attached Images    

Last edited by yrralis1; 03-13-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:28 PM
So I am having this great time and took a nice walk with my girlfriend.
About an hour later after I had been in the water I see some guys fishing a few blocks away. All of a sudden I see a huge fish jump. I ran with my camera and took three pictures . The fisheman was able to get the shark back in the water and I took a picture of it swimming away free.

I had just been in the water --just an hour before.

Attached Images    
Old 03-13-2010, 11:20 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Wow, sure seems like luck was on your side today in an odd sorta way. Gorgeous day!

I once got hit by tire debris (on a previous car) and it took out the front headlight and left a nasty black mark that wouldn't completely come off. Glad yours came off without issue.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
Wow, sure seems like luck was on your side today in an odd sorta way. Gorgeous day!

I once got hit by tire debris (on a previous car) and it took out the front headlight and left a nasty black mark that wouldn't completely come off. Glad yours came off without issue.
The rubber streak came off the paint with one wipe. On a white car everthing shows . I think it's harder to keep clean than my black car --or maybe I should say that it shows dirt differently . Next car I get is silver !!!

The hardest part to wipe was the plastic bumper guard .

Old 03-13-2010, 11:53 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
....a woman in an old car....smoking, drinking a soda and taking on the phone..
Unbelievable and I see this everyday. Just irritates to me to the core
Glad both you and your Carrera came unscathed although IMO the old lady was more of a hazard than the shark. You have a beautiful car yrralis1, is that terracota interior?

Old 03-14-2010, 12:04 AM
[quote=w00tPORSCHE;2762388]Unbelievable and I see this everyday. Just irritates to me to the core
Glad both you and your Carrera came unscathed although IMO the old lady was more of a hazard than the shark. You have a beautiful car yrralis1, is that terracota interior?[/quote]

Thank you woot . The Turbo is black/black and the pdk car is white with terracotta . I have the seat backs painted white anong with the console.

Attached Images   
Old 03-14-2010, 08:29 AM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful car! Did you win the $200MM powerball yesterday, certainly had pretty good luck considering what the other outcomes could have been. Good for you!

Old 03-14-2010, 08:51 AM
RF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really nice
When I bought this Porsche, the salesman asked me what color I wanted. I told him, the closest color to dirt. Silver it is. No regrets.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:24 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have had a number of tire marks on my car (from the track), most just rub right off without any problems.

What an interesting day never the less.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:43 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Great to hear that the was no damage.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:44 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
It was great that you escaped unharmed.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:07 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Great story, great photos, and great looking car. I love terracotta interiors on white cars.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:17 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I love terracotta interiors on white cars.
Never thought a terracota interior would go well on a white car (always felt that it was meant for a dark colored exterior). It looks so good especially with the seat backs on that color. One can never tell how good (or bad) a combo looks unless it is witnessed in person.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:08 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
people are so careless when driving sometime, glad it came off..

a guy in a jeep with huge "swamper" tires once switched lanes when a friends car was right beside him, his tires "rubbed" against friends car before he realized their was car there.. was a circle on the car, black came off but the tires still "polished" the paint and its still shiny to this day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Porsche day to remember