997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997SC on the Dyno: 442 RWHP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 06:21 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
Thanks, Walt. I didn't mean to start a contest, I was just trying to understand the inconsistencies, but I'll chock it up to the dyno you used, and leave it at that. You're happy, I'm happy, we're all happy I just can't figure out why we'd get the same boost (6.1 psi) from 2 different pulleys. If you got that HP from the 3.6, I wonder what you'd get from the 3.4 I am running? I know my numbers are accurate, but yours are a little odd, hence, my questions. Regardless, as I said, if your butt dyno is happy, enjoy, I salute you!

As for the higher velocity fan, that sounds smart. I know that 1999 has a fan mod, but what did you install? Can you share some photos? I live in ATL, and with the hot summer approaching, I'd like to look into any add'l cooling options.
CATTMAN
Why can`t you just run a quoter mile as regular folks do and compare your time? It is more accurate than any gizmos usually.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:59 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Why can`t you just run a quoter mile as regular folks do and compare your time? It is more accurate than any gizmos usually.
Well I never run quarter miles for THREE reasons:
One is you need a pretty good launch to get a good time and I could never bring myself to drop the clutch like that(too expensive)...
Two is I can pin the throttle for one or two gears(shifting quickly)BUT again I HATE bangin' gears hard.....believe it or not I am actually very easy on my car.
So my quarter mile time would STINK...!
Three...you need to go to the track to do the quarter mile safely and properly.....and I for one do not like the tracks,something happens(your fault or not),you will have NO insurance!

Also the 'gizmos' seem to be quite consistent when used right...REALLY.

We have had a ton of luck with the Gtech on numerous cars.
I sent the Gtech,when I first got it,to the track with a racer buddy of mine(and his chevelle)......it was a test and tune day!
Three times down the track and three slips of paper within 1/10th of a second and 1/10 of MPH.....he lost the bet and bought LUNCH that day!
'Till this day he still scratches his head(old school guy) on how it worked with such accuracy....!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 03-19-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by J.Seven
510hp to 520hp at the crank !!!???? That´s means you´ll smoke easily any stock 997TT?
Not necessarily. I am curious to see how I'd do vs. a 997.1 TT, but I'm in no hurry to tangle with one. And forget about the 2010 997.2TT which is 520HP rated, with a C&D claimed 3.2 second 0-60mph with PDK.

So while I may have more HP than a 997TT, and I am most certainly lighter, the 997TT is a total package created for that much power, whereas mine as a unit really was created for 355HP. The 997TT has 4 wheel drive, so it should be able to put the power down better than my rear drive car. Plus, a manual these days is always slower than a modern auto, be it Tip or PDK. Not to mention the TT's case is built to take the boost, mine is not, so there's always a risk.

That said, if you go back and read Excellence with Jared's car (BlacktOut), they enjoyed his narrow body 997SC more than the TT because they had more fun with the rear drive, and the more subtle suspension. That SC is now in my car, but modified for more power.

Whatever, it'd be fun to let a trained driver run mine on a drag vs, a 997TT. I'd let that happen, for multiple runs on film, but with someone else's tires and clutch, LOL!
CATTMAN

Old 03-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
The fan makes a huge difference in the dyno numbers.....higher. Remember that normal intake temps can be as much as 50+F higher than ambient with lid closed.
Yep.
I did my dyno runs without fans, in 67 degree ambient temp. Not even the little OEM 6 inch engine compartment fan was on. I'm not interested in waving around a dyno sheet that isn't legit. That it lines up nearly perfectly with the GTech data gives me confidence that my data is legit.
CATTMAN

Old 03-20-2010, 10:38 AM
g911cab is infamous around these parts
awesome, good work.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:41 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
run it

your car vs a 997TT 50mph to 110 would be awesome.... wish gtboard.com had this run, they have many good ones but none with a boosted 997...

Old 03-20-2010, 08:02 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Yes! Off the line I dont think you would have a chance against a TT. The AWD alone is going to be hard to beat. However, a 50-110 or 30-70 pull would be intersting!

Jason

Old 03-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by JEllis
Yes! Off the line I dont think you would have a chance against a TT. The AWD alone is going to be hard to beat. However, a 50-110 or 30-70 pull would be intersting!

Jason
My 997SC is a few hundred lbs lighter.

Regardless, 3rd (108 mph) and 4th (139 mph) gears are where things get interesting. Of course, a lot would depend on driver skill with a 6 speed, and where in the RPM band the race started: I have no lag with an SC, so I could get a kick start before the TT spooled up. After that, who knows- I don't think it's been done yet.

Any takers?
CATTMAN

Old 03-20-2010, 08:47 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless, 3rd (108 mph) and 4th (139 mph) gears are where things get interesting. Of course, a lot would depend on driver skill with a 6 speed, and where in the RPM band the race started: I have no lag with an SC, so I could get a kick start before the TT spooled up. After that, who knows- I don't think it's been done yet.

Any takers?
CATTMAN
Yeah, it needs to be done! I think the lighter weight of the C2 is going to make it one tough moster to beat from a role.

From a standing start your problem is going to be traction...

Jason

Old 03-24-2010, 08:00 AM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light

Any takers?
CATTMAN

Yep, I am up for the challenge..

Old 03-24-2010, 08:03 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by justatoy
Well I never run quarter miles for THREE reasons:
One is you need a pretty good launch to get a good time and I could never bring myself to drop the clutch like that(too expensive)...
Two is I can pin the throttle for one or two gears(shifting quickly)BUT again I
Stacy
Oooooaaghrgh, COME ON!

Just get it on a drag strip, it is not so scary like in all those movies. I`m sure you have one around your parts somewhere. Launch from 3K rpm if you do not want to drop your clutch from 6K rpm, final results will be very close for 1/4 mile run anyway.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:04 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
hmmm

Great reply here but you have a modded 996 it seems... would be great to see a run against a stcok 996TT and better yet a stock 997TT. That said if you ran him (in safe environment) I would love to hear about the details...

Originally Posted by btapp
Yep, I am up for the challenge..

Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
In for vids...

I wanna see this beast run.

(Will settle for a timeslip)

Old 03-24-2010, 09:25 AM
If we can find a safe and legal place to do this, I am all up for a series of runs from 0, from roll, etc. Should be easy to video, etc.
CATTMAN

Old 03-24-2010, 09:38 AM
If we can find a safe and legal place to do this, I am all up for a series of runs from 0, from roll, etc. Should be easy to video, etc.
CATTMAN
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks...taDragway.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997SC on the Dyno: 442 RWHP!