997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997SC on the Dyno: 442 RWHP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
997SC on the Dyno: 442 RWHP!

With the modified VF-E SC on my 3.8L 997S, I wanted to run it on a dyno, just to see what it said, and also to use their AFR. Headed over to see Arthur and Dave at Dynolab in Marietta- great guys.

They welded a bung for an 02 sensor into the passenger-side header, and fitted their sensor into it. I plan to use this bung for a full-time AFR sensor that I'll install at a later date as a digital multi-gauge (AFR, Boost, EGT) located where the sport chrono eye would be. I don't have sport chrono, so we'll be creative and buy either an OEM leather or aftermarket carbon housing, drill a hole for the wire into the dash, etc. It'll look totally factory. Then they hooked up a boost gauge, right at my throttle body.

We did runs in 4th gear to redline, and nailed 442 RWHP, 323 max torque, at max 6.1 psi boost right at the rev limiter. Boost increases right inline with RPM- very nice! All runs were the same, it was very consistent. Here's a video, and a pic of my car on the dyno, as well as the dyno sheet itself. Dynolab is sending me the full data, as I was running a bit lean at 14.3 AFR, but since timing is not being altered I am safe. Still, I wouldn't mind running with a bit richer mixture.

While I didn't need this data to tell me the car is blazing fast, it sure doesn't hurt. Depending on what % drivetrain loss you use, I am anywhere from 510-530 HP at crank.
In any case, I'm happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EGp11cbIhY

CATTMAN

Attached Images   

Last edited by Cattman; 03-18-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Not bad man! Good Running Car!

Old 03-18-2010, 02:19 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Very impressive...

Please show pics of your gauge when it's installed.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:43 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
John,

Can "I"I mean we(sorry goose) take a bow yet!?

Nice work I still have 'goosebumps' after talking to you this morning!

Add water/meth....that'll richen' her up a bit and maybe enough for another pulley.....

Old 03-18-2010, 02:45 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Very nice numbers John! Almost makes me want to get one and have Stacy do his magic on it!

Old 03-18-2010, 02:54 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Very nice numbers John! Almost makes me want to get one and have Stacy do his magic on it!
Takin' shots at me Ed,LOL...rubbin' dirt in the ole wound Ed...

Just think for a moment Ed....your driving skills,my modified charger....we would OWN that track...NOTHING and I mean NOTHING would beat the 'Ed'inator!

Stacy

P.S....just watched the video..... brings a tear to my eye!
I AM such a proud PAPA!
Nice work John,nice frickin' work!

Last edited by justatoy; 03-18-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Yeah, it's pretty impressive.

Sure, take a bow, my K'nuk amigo, you were the guinea pig on modding this kit, that's for sure- albeit with a little bird's help. I give you ALL the credit for taking the risks first, but I was the one who turned the wrench in 20 degree temps on my back with rats around me, in the dark, and bled all over the engine! So I'm not giving you all the credit

In anycase, it's going to be be close to $1,000 to retrofit a Sport Chrono eye with a digital multi gauge. Still, I think I'll do it- pending a tax refund.

Do you really think meth will add much HP? If it lowers charge temps by 2--40 degrees in the hot ATL summers, that alone will be worthwhile. I really don't need more power, what I need is a safer/ richer AFR.
CATTMAN

Old 03-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Cattman
Yeah, it's pretty impressive.

Sure, take a bow, my K'nuk amigo, you were the guinea pig on modding this kit, that's for sure- albeit with a little bird's help. I give you ALL the credit for taking the risks first, but I was the one who turned the wrench in 20 degree temps on my back with rats around me, in the dark, and bled all over the engine! So I'm not giving you all the credit

In anycase, it's going to be be close to $1,000 to retrofit a Sport Chrono eye with a digital multi gauge. Still, I think I'll do it- pending a tax refund.

Do you really think meth will add much HP? If it lowers charge temps by 2--40 degrees in the hot ATL summers, that alone will be worthwhile. I really don't need more power, what I need is a safer/ richer AFR.
CATTMAN
Water meth will RAISE your octane and think of it as adding another injector,because essentially you are!
The water/meth WILL NOT,make any power....IF you were pulling timing(detonating) then YES the mix would make power......but since you are not pulling timing it will still richen' up the AFR and make your car think it is running winter temps,when you are in the middle of a hot summer!
Like running your car on a cold day ALL the time!

Last edited by justatoy; 03-18-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Can you PM or post a link of meth kit you like?
CATTMAN

Old 03-18-2010, 03:15 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
This is awesome. It is getting harder and harder to resist some of these used kits floating around.

Cat, were able to reach these numbers without any CEL's?

Jason

Old 03-18-2010, 03:16 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Takin' shots at me Ed,LOL...rubbin' dirt in the ole wound Ed...

Just think for a moment Ed....your driving skills,my modified charger....we would OWN that track...NOTHING and I mean NOTHING would beat the 'Ed'inator!

Stacy

P.S....just watched the video..... brings a tear to my eye!
I AM such a proud PAPA!
Nice work John,nice frickin' work!
Brakes would stop me!

Old 03-18-2010, 03:20 PM
blown996 is infamous around these parts
With the modified VF-E SC on my 3.8L 997S, I wanted to run it on a dyno, just to see what it said, and also to use their AFR. Headed over to see Arthur and Dave at Dynolab in Marietta- great guys.

They welded a bung for an 02 sensor into the passenger-side header, and fitted their sensor into it. I plan to use this bung for a full-time AFR sensor that I'll install at a later date as a digital multi-gauge (AFR, Boost, EGT) located where the sport chrono eye would be. I don't have sport chrono, so we'll be creative and buy either an OEM leather or aftermarket carbon housing, drill a hole for the wire into the dash, etc. It'll look totally factory. Then they hooked up a boost gauge, right at my throttle body.

We did runs in 4th gear to redline, and nailed 442 RWHP, 323 max torque, at max 6.1 psi boost right at the rev limiter. Boost increases right inline with RPM- very nice! All runs were the same, it was very consistent. Here's a video, and a pic of my car on the dyno, as well as the dyno sheet itself. Dynolab is sending me the full data, as I was running a bit lean at 14.3 AFR, but since timing is not being altered I am safe. Still, I wouldn't mind running with a bit richer mixture.

While I didn't need this data to tell me the car is blazing fast, it sure doesn't hurt. Depending on what % drivetrain loss you use, I am anywhere from 510-530 HP at crank.
In any case, I'm happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EGp11cbIhY

CATTMAN
cattman, very impressive numbers! Car sounds great too. Can you tell me where and what brand of gauge you're getting, looking around myself.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by JEllis
This is awesome. It is getting harder and harder to resist some of these used kits floating around.

Cat, were able to reach these numbers without any CEL's?

Jason
YUP...after we changed the plugs and plenum!

Old 03-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Can you PM or post a link of meth kit you like?
CATTMAN
There are all kinds of kits....Cooling Mist was the one I was after (and have here still) and Snow Performance is another one as well!

http://www.snowperformance.net/

http://www.coolingmist.com/

Stacy

Old 03-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
John, that was awesome...congrats man.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997SC on the Dyno: 442 RWHP!