997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Got X51 oil pan installed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 02:00 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Actually... looks like the 997 3.8 is a better design... the X51 does not have the walls, the 3.8 allows oil in and keeps it in!

Old 03-22-2010, 02:08 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mobonic
Actually... looks like the 997 3.8 is a better design... the X51 does not have the walls, the 3.8 allows oil in and keeps it in!
picture of yours stock one in oil is same exact pan I took of from my car.

X51 one has rubber pieces in metal baffles and those rubber pieces touch engine sump walls so essentially it makes same chamber, at least is seemed to me this way. I am not sure what prevented yours from getting into place, who knows.

I looked into 997 catalog it may be tiptronic cars have different part number for oil pan but your car was 6speed I beleive, so I am not sure. Should be same part.

PS. Just looked up at my stock pan and its exact number written on it is: 996.107.310.9R. Looks exactly same as one on your picture but who knows. Do you have picture of your pan from different angle so we could see whole part number on it?

Last edited by utkinpol; 03-22-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:24 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mobonic
total BS:

Bought from Suncoast, they promised me it would fit.

Bough the 996 X51 pan and ln engineering spacer ($600 total).

Took it to my dealer, they talked with Suncoast about trimming and the trimmed the piece with a template provided by Suncoast.

They attempted over and over and also spoke with LN engineering.

Both parts did not fit. The bolt pattern was off on both pieces.

Suncoast refused to issue me a refund or return.

So I paid $600 in parts and $400 in labor...for what ended up being a oil change, after they put the stock pan back.

Sorry to hear that. I know the frustration all too well. Minus shelling out the $$ at least your car is still bad A$$!