997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Bose optimal setting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 10:04 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
I guess I'm in the minority, but I think the system in my '08 sounds fine. Don't remember my settings...set it when I got it, forgot it after that . Truth is I hardly even listen to it...I like hearing the car. I don't drive my Porsche to listen to music.
I have to agree, I have had some custom built high end systems in previous cars, only to have them stolen, or the constant worry of them being stolen. The end of the day it is a car with many different angles that aren't neccessarily good for sound, the OP has a Cab, and those are even worse for sound. Enjoy the sound of your flat 6, add some exhaust mods, and turn the radio off, and you are goin to enjoy the sound a lot more.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:04 AM
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
it's funny how you thing that you have the best until someone comes and explain to you what is better. I was surprised by how everyone didn't like the bose system on the porsche until i had a ride in cars with sick sound system( BMW are factory best for me ).

my setting is
+3 bass +6 treble , it work nice for the arabic music i listen to
Recognizing of course that we all have different tastes in music, I find that the "off" setting works best for my Arabic music. Great setting for my Indian music, too.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:38 AM
jon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of light
from an audiophile point of view, there is nothing that can be done with this crappy Bose sound system ('05 997.1 C2S).

Subwoofer is what made sub's a bad reputation: peaky 40-50hz low-definition bass.

and... low quality tweeters (high frequencies)

Where's the midrange frequencies? I don't know.
Where's the midrange adjustement ? I don't know.

I didn't test it on RTA w/pink noise, but i'm pretty sure it's lack of midrange is terrible. And i'm talking low-mid too, which means Kick drum and such..

And the car is noisy which didnt help.

Well, at least i'm happy when i compare and drive my ML320!

Old 03-20-2010, 11:38 AM
topspd is infamous around these parts
I hated the HK in my '04 BMW and I much prefer the Bose since getting the 997.

I think a cab is going to sound a lot different than a coupe with the different roof.

I'm no audiophile by any stretch of the imagination though..

I use treble +2, no other changes.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
OFF! Rev it to 5000 RPM! Now you got music!

Old 03-20-2010, 01:52 PM
jon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Vladm
OFF! Rev it to 5000 RPM! Now you got music!
c

Exactly.

the subwoofer's ports should be connected to the exhaust

...oh wait...

Old 03-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Mr. Berlin is infamous around these parts
hah! id love to get the outside sound of the car somehow inside

Old 03-21-2010, 11:03 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
not looking for a 'perfect' setting.. just optimal..

and i agree enthusiastically.. the best sound is the flat6.. especially with the top down. (soon to be accompanied by a Cargraphics cat-back )

Old 03-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by topspd
I hated the HK in my '04 BMW and I much prefer the Bose since getting the 997.

I think a cab is going to sound a lot different than a coupe with the different roof.

I'm no audiophile by any stretch of the imagination though..

I use treble +2, no other changes.
The HK was sorry in the BMW E46's. The newer ProLogic systems are head and shoulders above what is being put in the Porsche. The Enhance Audio System in the new E92 M3 is marvelous..as it should be for $2k.

Dave

Old 03-21-2010, 12:58 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting indeed. I have +5 base +6 treble and surround on.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:43 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Revealing...

Revealing thread. It shows how damaged the hearing of so many people is, given their EQ settings. Either that or they have no sense of what good neutral/accurate sound is.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
Agree 100%

Old 03-22-2010, 06:23 AM
ls03od is infamous around these parts
My settings are treble +3, bass +1, fader +2 to the front.

From someone who competed in car audio competitions for a number of years, the reason for the front bias of the system is that the engineers were trying to recreate live sound, as if at a concert. The sound comes from infront of you, just like the goal in car audio competitions and the goal of an audiophile with their home system.

The only thing I find somewhat impressive is that the system has some output in the sub-bass region (< 50Hz). I have not ever heard this in any other factory system. It's not very accurate sub-bass, but there is output down there.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Mr. Berlin is infamous around these parts
anyone have an ipod hooked up and try using its EQ? does it help?

Old 06-07-2010, 03:36 PM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
I was just messing around with the Bose, and i can't help but notice how "bassy" the system is. Does anyone else feel the same way? I even turned down the bass a couple of notches, but for some reason I am back in the days with a 15" kicker in my 'Nissan Sentra... I had the Bose in my Denali and ML in the Lexus, and the bass was never like this....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bose optimal setting