997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Bose optimal setting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 01:16 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Bose optimal setting

I spent some time with the Bose setting on my car last night.

I have a 2007 C2S Cab.

I didn't expect much from the system, given the terrible reviews by most members here (and Bose' mediocre reputation).. and they were absolutely right.

I left the sound setting at factory setting (i.e. 0 treble, 0 bass, 0 fade and 0 balance) for over a week.. just to try out what Bose engineers thought sounded "good"

it sounded muffled and boomy.

so i tried many different settings.

best combo i found was -2 bass +2 treble and leaving the balance and fade to neutral.. and of course leave the surround off.

this works from cypress hill to lauryn hill.. tested with hip hop, rap, soul, jazz, metal, classic rock and emo rock.

The setting seem work for CD / CD changer / MP3 and FM

Note:

the bose system seem to be focused in the front speakers.. i can barely hear the rear speakers.

however, if i find the optimal fade setting (6 or 7 to the rear), the front fades out too much (esp the bass)

if i try to adjust the bass/treble with the above fade, the sound lacks any depth.

so i decided to give up on the optimal fade.

if anyone else has a good setting, i am all ears !

Old 03-19-2010, 01:22 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
it's funny how you thing that you have the best until someone comes and explain to you what is better. I was surprised by how everyone didn't like the bose system on the porsche until i had a ride in cars with sick sound system( BMW are factory best for me ).

my setting is
+3 bass +6 treble , it work nice for the arabic music i listen to

NOW i'm totally satisfied with the bose lifestyle system i have in my living room and I don't want anyone to show me better system so I don't sell it

Old 03-19-2010, 01:23 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I use +2 bass and +3 treble with 0/0 for the fade and balance. I've tried lower settings and think it sounds better with both pumped up.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
it's funny how you thing that you have the best until someone comes and explain to you what is better. I was surprised by how everyone didn't like the bose system on the porsche until i had a ride in cars with sick sound system( BMW are factory best for me ).

my setting is
+3 bass +6 treble , it work nice for the arabic music i listen to

NOW i'm totally satisfied with the bose lifestyle system i have in my living room and I don't want anyone to show me better system so I don't sell it
Agreed, BMW factory stereos seem to be the best for me too. My 08 328i with the Logic 7 sound system is just fabulous.

As far as the Bose..I have mine set for +2 Bass and +4 for Treble.

Dave

Old 03-19-2010, 01:52 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I'm different I guess as I have both base and treble at +8. The sound is in the front I think b/c they don't really have room in the back like other cars to put subs. Also, unlike most of the people on this forum, I think the system sounds fine. Was my M3 better with the aftermarket $5K system, yes. However, you had more cab room and more room in general for acoustics and you can always buy better if you're willing to put out the cash.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:48 PM
keenan9 is infamous around these partskeenan9 is infamous around these parts
For XM I like:
+2 Bass, +2 Treble
Surround Off

For iPod:
+2 Bass, +2 Treble
Surround Off
Linear

Old 03-19-2010, 03:11 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
hmmm, i noticed that everyone's tendency is to have both the treble and the bass in + level.

however, i found the -2 bass has clearer sound and the sub still kicks with a nice thump.. and mid-bass comes out alive with out a lot of distortion.

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 03-19-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:20 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
My Settings:

+1 Bass
+8 Treble
+3 Rear Fade
Surround Off
AutoPilot Off

Old 03-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Mr. Berlin is infamous around these parts
im at +3 treble -1 bass -2 Fade

I mostly listen to lounge, dub, lo-fi ambient, chill ect. It seems to work best, doesnt overpower the synths with the bass. But yeah, the lack of an actual eq blows. I hope that once i get the ipod installed next week i can use its eq to play around a bit more.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:29 PM
muerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to all
Crazycarlitos...my guess is that you made your adjustments in your garage or driveway. When you adjust while driving, the road noise really hits the bass more than the mid and treble. To adjust, people use more bass. You might be giving the right mix for engine off...most here are probably giving what they adjust to for driving.

My guess at least...

Old 03-19-2010, 10:39 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I leave it zero like yours. I do find it amusing when others timker with the settings .It still sux but they seem to get so into trying to make it sound better. There are certain types of music which sound better than others using the Bose . The funny thing is with Bose is that after years of Porsches ..there are times that i hear the same song on a good sound system and question the Bose even more.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by muerdeme
Crazycarlitos...my guess is that you made your adjustments in your garage or driveway. When you adjust while driving, the road noise really hits the bass more than the mid and treble. To adjust, people use more bass. You might be giving the right mix for engine off...most here are probably giving what they adjust to for driving.

My guess at least...
you are 100 % correct, sir ! (garage, BTW)

on the road, the bass drowned out too much, like u suggested.

had to bring up the bass a notch or two.

ended up with -1 bass and +2 for treble for FM

and 0 bass and +2 for CDs.

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 03-20-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I leave it zero like yours. I do find it amusing when others timker with the settings .It still sux but they seem to get so into trying to make it sound better. There are certain types of music which sound better than others using the Bose . The funny thing is with Bose is that after years of Porsches ..there are times that i hear the same song on a good sound system and question the Bose even more.
i m done tinkering now.

this is as good as its gonna sound.. lol

Old 03-20-2010, 08:10 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
I guess I'm in the minority, but I think the system in my '08 sounds fine. Don't remember my settings...set it when I got it, forgot it after that . Truth is I hardly even listen to it...I like hearing the car. I don't drive my Porsche to listen to music. What you will probably find strange is that I do consider myself an audio-phile...I go to great lengths with my home system for the best sound, and I've been a musician for 30 years.

Good luck.
J

Old 03-20-2010, 08:37 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
It's obvious from the replies here than nobody hears the same or that there is an optium setting that will make the Bose system sound "perfect". There is no such thing as the perfect setting, it's whatever sounds best to your ears.

I wouldn't be too hard on the Bose engineers. Consider that any factory audio system, including Porsche, is built to the car manufacturer's specifications; nothing more, nothing less. Trust me, the Bose system in my '09 Carrera sounds much cleaner, crisper, and clearer than the Bose system in my (now departed) '06 Vette.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bose optimal setting