997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PLEASE HELP! 997.1 to 997.2 CONVERSION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 01:44 PM
C2SKID is infamous around these parts
The clear tails have finally arrived and look amazing. Any 997.2 guys fitted 997.1 front lips or 997.1 techart rear diffuser on Gen 2 bumpers?
I want this to go in for paint by friday but would like to do a lip and rear diffuser. From the sounds of it I still need to order the follow parts and will try and order OEM parts only. I will keep you posted. And provide all the pictures after.

Still need:
new front control unit
Gen 2 Mini Loom
center duct
rad ducts

Old 04-10-2010, 03:37 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Did you also get a new DFI engine and new suspension (especially the front geometry)? Only then it will be a conversion to a 997.2. Short of that... it's a wannabe.

Save the original parts in good condition, if you ever want to sell the car. Most serious Porsche buyers will prefer a stock car to a 'converted' wannabe.

Last edited by adias; 04-10-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Will be keep all orginal components. Thanks for your opinion but u can keep it to yourself. If wanted to get a new DFI I would lease one like you.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:36 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C2SKID
Will be keep all orginal components. Thanks for your opinion but u can keep it to yourself. If wanted to get a new DFI I would lease one like you.
Correction: I do not rent a 997.2. I own one.

My opinion has great support among the P-car community. The 997.1 has character. An altered 997.1 is phony. To each his own.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:22 PM
xbar is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adias
My opinion has great support among the P-car community.

Ha ha - I don't think so. Most of your posts here are derogatory and patronizing.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:36 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all

My opinion has great support among the P-car community. The 997.1 has character. An altered 997.1 is phony. To each his own.
He is a legend in his own mind....

Old 04-10-2010, 05:38 PM
7Speed is infamous around these parts
I know Techart bumper come with the switch to perform the convertion of the rear lights wires

Old 04-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by socalsteve
He is a legend in his own mind....

I am secure on my own pronouncements as I have been around these cars far longer than most recent arrivals who think they know it all.

In a community who looks down a repainted bumper or a little fender bender... Try to sell a seriously modded 997.1 with not only bolt-on panels but grafted electrical modules and such. Good luck... But you know it all.

Last edited by adias; 04-10-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:16 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute

+1
I never understood what is the point to hang on exterior plastic from other models. If you want a different car - just buy it. plain and simple.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Former Vendor
nrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by C2SKID
So my front bumper and rear bumper has arrived. Waiting on my LED clear tails from Suncoast should be here tomorrow. Any done front end install without wire hareness?
Did you have to get new control units for the front DRL LED lights? I am looking for info on the parts needed for a early '08 front and rear light conversion. Suncoast does not seem to be sure about what is needed for the front light conversion.

NR Auto

Old 04-14-2010, 08:56 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Don't do it!! the 997.1 looks so much better... instant classic.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:50 PM
UPDATE:

Front and rear bumper getting painted, waiting for this Plug & Play control harness from Germany for front LED. Hoping to have it done for friday clear tails and all. Will take pics after.

LED Control Harness
http://www.albert-motorsport.de/fahr...ltgeraete.html

Old 05-10-2010, 05:24 PM
h2woo is infamous around these parts
to each their own. this is no different then slapping on a gt3 wing on. give the guy a break. half the guys on here swapped out their front end for a gt3 front, so we're all poseurs too?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Oakland_Stan has a spectacular aura aboutOakland_Stan has a spectacular aura aboutOakland_Stan has a spectacular aura about
C2SKID, I would love to see and hear how it all turns out. Although you have a bunch of clowns here who think it's value added to give their personal opinions in a thread where help/advice is needed, I personally think you are doing something interesting. Additionally, if it turns out to be a successful project, I would be willing to bet many others will follow suit. It's obvious by the number of prior threads on people wanting to add LEDs, it's a topic of interest. Good luck and please do let us know how it all turns out.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:59 PM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
Did you also get a new DFI engine and new suspension (especially the front geometry)? Only then it will be a conversion to a 997.2. Short of that... it's a wannabe.

Save the original parts in good condition, if you ever want to sell the car. Most serious Porsche buyers will prefer a stock car to a 'converted' wannabe.
I understand what you are saying to a certain degree as the "frankenstein 911's" are horrible to look at... but I don't think this project is going to far...

I'd hate to see you at SEMA... I'm sure it'd blow your mind what people are willing to do to their cars, and for how much they are willing to pay to do it... my friend installed curtains and lights in his car... yeah, curtains...

While I wouldn't change a 997.1, I don't think it's horrible if someone does. There 's nothing wrong with the LED look without wanting to spend the extra $$$ to switch to a 997.2. I've always loved the look of LED's, especially with the newer Audis. On the 997.2, i think it gives a modern edge to the otherwise historic 911 silhouette. I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Given the money, some would choose bilsteins, control arms, cats, software, etc. and some would choose body kits, wheels and accessories. To each his own...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP! 997.1 to 997.2 CONVERSION