997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PLEASE HELP! 997.1 to 997.2 CONVERSION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 06:38 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
lookin forward to some pictures, I think the LED lights make the 997 more modern. forget all the haters, do what you want with your car

Old 05-31-2010, 11:51 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
Did you also get a new DFI engine and new suspension (especially the front geometry)? Only then it will be a conversion to a 997.2. Short of that... it's a wannabe.

Save the original parts in good condition, if you ever want to sell the car. Most serious Porsche buyers will prefer a stock car to a 'converted' wannabe.
Correction: I do not rent a 997.2. I own one.

My opinion has great support among the P-car community. The 997.1 has character. An altered 997.1 is phony. To each his own.
Adidas, ur points are usually valid.. but ur delivery sucks..

u offend people with over-the-top words like 'wannabe' and ' phony'

just because people have different taste does not make them 'wannabe' or 'phony'... maybe 'particular' or even 'eccentric'.. but def not a 'poseur'

each to his own.. especially if its their money being spent.

i am sure what u meant to say was

"with any conversion, the car is no longer authentic /original, therefore possibly depreciating its resale value."

or "seems like lot of work & $.. for few lights"

OP, hope the conversion goes well without a hitch

BOL

Old 05-31-2010, 12:30 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos

just because people have different taste does not make them 'wannabe' or 'phony'... maybe 'particular' or even 'eccentric'.. but def not a 'poseur'

"with any conversion, the car is no longer authentic /original, therefore possibly depreciating its resale value."

BOL
Well said!

Guess someone was never taught: If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.

There is always 1 (or more) on a Forum that are like this. I moderate a pretty active cycling Forum (with almost 14,000 members) and we have a few.

Have a great weekend! Beautiful weather here in Sunny SoCal!

Steve

Old 06-01-2010, 01:19 PM
C2SKID is infamous around these parts
UPDATE:

-Front and Rear bumper painted.

- Customs has released the Albert Motorsport wire harness for front DRL LED. and should be here any day.

Had to order 2010 tow hitch bumper plug and send it in for paint and new headlight washers " the ones that came 2009 bumper were painted white"

This has been a long road and I hope to have all the parts installed by Friday. I will post pics on the completion. Thanks for the support!

Old 06-05-2010, 03:59 AM
Update 2:

Wire harness has arrived going for install Tuesday morning. I should have all necessary radiator deflectors and should be easy. By Friday it should be done. Been a long journey. I will post all the parts and suppliers once it's complete. Close to $8,000 cdn cost so far.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
8000$ Cdn so far! Possible big warranty issues! Are you guys REALLY SURE that peeps who think this kind of thing is ill advised are "haters"? Oh well......Have fun Skid. Not hating you dude. Honest

Old 06-05-2010, 06:36 PM
sticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura about
Did you also get a new DFI engine and new suspension (especially the front geometry)? Only then it will be a conversion to a 997.2. Short of that... it's a wannabe.

Save the original parts in good condition, if you ever want to sell the car. Most serious Porsche buyers will prefer a stock car to a 'converted' wannabe.
Wow, adias to the rescue.

Let me be the first to compliment you on your always douchy replies that only make people realize how awesome you probably think you are!

Go back to wiping your precious p-car down with a diaper while you pleasure yourself on her oh so soft factory ONLY leather!!

Now tell me am I "hating"

PS nice PCA logo, does that mean you are the president or just pretending to be!!!

Oh and nice job on the car, I am doing the rear LED conversion too just waiting on the GT3 RS rear bumper...

Old 06-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sticky4
Wow, adias to the rescue.

Let me be the first to compliment you on your always douchy replies that only make people realize how awesome you probably think you are!

Go back to wiping your precious p-car down with a diaper while you pleasure yourself on her oh so soft factory ONLY leather!!

Now tell me am I "hating"

PS nice PCA logo, does that mean you are the president or just pretending to be!!!

Oh and nice job on the car, I am doing the rear LED conversion too just waiting on the GT3 RS rear bumper...
I think a lot of the negative reaction had to do w OP's wording : "converting my 997.1 to 997.2" Really? No. He's changing some of the bodywork I guess for the questionable "improvement" in aesthetics. Maybe it's a language thing and it was unnecessary to pee on his parade so vehemently. I hope he is happy and blows off all the negative feedback including mine. Personally I prefer the origional form and the incandescents. And I think some don't realize how important an intact warranty can be. Or maybe he has a lot more money than I do and just doesn't give a sh*t

Old 06-06-2010, 02:40 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !

BOL

The PC ran amok in this board is beyond belief. It surprises me to see so many thin-skinned people on car-fan forums. OTOH, you have no qualms to critic my posts... Yes, a 997.1 dressed up as a 997.2 is certainly phony and a 997.2 wannabe. These words simply say the truth and the truth does not offend anybody.

Last edited by adias; 06-06-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:01 AM
mgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to all
Suncoast might be able to help.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:07 AM
mgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to all
Considering the high volume of users wanting this, maybe someone should consider a straight substitute. I would like to have the LED's on my 997.1, but I don’t want to try to fool someone into thinking I have a 997.2. Either way I think it would be a HOT seller.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:34 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
The PC ran amok in this board is beyond belief. It surprises me to see so many thin-skinned people on car-fan forums. OTOH, you have no qualms to critic my posts... Yes, a 997.1 dressed up as a 997.2 is certainly phony and a 997.2 wannabe. These words simply say the truth and the truth does not offend anybody.
LOL

since when did ur words become the 'truth' ??

ur so full of urself, its beyond .

my point was that ur posts usually seem highly opinionated and basically useless to the thread..

i thought the point of this forum was to help other enthusiasts.. not to preach your idea of 'truth'..

and now u got me joing u at the bottom.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:12 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
LOL

since when did ur words become the 'truth' ??

ur so full of urself, its beyond .

You and some others are the ones pontificating. The 'truth' speaks for itself, and I am pretty sure that what I stated is the truth, and you know it.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:33 PM
UPDATE:

the parts were on and working. We ran the LED Fogs off ignition and worked great. Here is the issue my porsche has fired the Albertmotorsports wiring adapter. and all my lights arent working now. So we have now ordered a new front control unit. We are hoping this will work. Has anyone completed this conversion with out any problems please PM me. I will keep everyone updated.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:39 AM
sticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura about
Any news on this? I will be doing the front end conversion soon...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP! 997.1 to 997.2 CONVERSION