997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PLEASE HELP! 997.1 to 997.2 CONVERSION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:38 PM
C2SKID is infamous around these parts
PLEASE HELP! 997.1 to 997.2 CONVERSION

I have all the parts to do conversion , waiting on controller for front LEDs and rear bumper. I have asked around local body shops but no one has ever done one in Vancouver BC. Does anyone know shop in western canada that has done conversion? Any tip on this matter would be much appreciated!

Old 03-19-2010, 10:15 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Do they make 997.1 LED lights for the rear?

Old 03-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Not that I have found that would help alot. Only ones I have seen alter the body.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:42 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I hear the electronics is not an easy thing. I have seen pictures that look great but getting the lights to work is somewhat different from keeping them working properly all the time.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Saleh 911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
i hear the electronics is not an easy thing. I have seen pictures that look great but getting the lights to work is somewhat different from keeping them working properly all the time.
+1...

Old 03-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Oakland_Stan has a spectacular aura aboutOakland_Stan has a spectacular aura aboutOakland_Stan has a spectacular aura about
I am just getting ready to do this conversion so I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I have a 997.1 and recently did some damage to my front bumper cover. Instead of going with a stock replacement, I am going with an 09 turbo front end with the LED turn signals. I'm going this route not only for the LEDs but also for the driving lights. I like the look of having separate lights on the bumper as opposed to having the integrated signal/driving light that came on my car.

I was told that the bumper cover will fit for sure (and that goes for regular 997.2 front end applications as well) but nearly everyone I spoke to thought the electronics may be tricky. A local higher-end electronics shop that I deal with felt they could make it work so I'm going to give it a try. I will also be installing the techart LED DRLs. Will follow up with pics and a description of the process if it's successful. Thanks.

Stan

Old 03-20-2010, 01:29 AM
Good luck Stan. At least being in California there are probably a bunch of places that have done it. I have a 2009 carrera front on route. I hope I can find a shop up here to make it work. Aren't there prefab controll harnesses that would plug and play electronics?

Old 03-20-2010, 01:43 AM
Oakland_Stan has a spectacular aura aboutOakland_Stan has a spectacular aura aboutOakland_Stan has a spectacular aura about
I think you should be ok on yours. A few of the shops I spoke with said the regular carrera front end with the integrated LED DRL/turn signal/driving light is easier to deal with. Since most of the unit is just regular 12v halogen lights the only thing that would need any kind of special consideration is the DRL. I believe there is an OEM Porsche harness you can purchase, which is essentially the wiring in the newer 911s, but it is around $8-900. After speaking to some folks at Sharkwerks (and a couple of electroncs shops) all thought they could get it to work without it.

Good luck with it and please do update the forum if it works. With used front ends available, this route could end up being a more cost effective way for folks looking to upgrade. Some of these aftermarket lights are 1-2k just for the lights!

Old 03-20-2010, 10:30 AM
My parts should arrive by next Friday. Have to order a bumper and led taillights. And then front and rear harness controllers. Why couldn't a vendor just make LED tails for 997.1. I will keep everyone posted on progress. If anyone in Western Canada knows a shop that can do the conversion PM me.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:24 PM
So my front bumper and rear bumper has arrived. Waiting on my LED clear tails from Suncoast should be here tomorrow. Any done front end install without wire hareness?

Old 04-08-2010, 01:46 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Who is doing the install for you?

Old 04-08-2010, 01:53 PM
I think http://www.scanautomotive.com/ in North Van. Seems to be the only ones who have done this sort of conversion in Vancouver.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Does anyone have a complete list of parts for conversion? I am ordering now front plastic radiator air ducts. We are not 100% on whether the stock wire harness and controll unit will work for the front on the 2006 models. So that might be a hold up. Does anyone know if 997.1 bumper lips and diffusers will fit on 2010 bumpers?

Old 04-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Can I ask, what control units did you order and where did you order them from? Are these voltage control units? I will likely need to buy some too. Thanks.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Do you have the engine yet? Lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP! 997.1 to 997.2 CONVERSION