997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Bilstein PSS10 B16 and Competition Ride Height

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:16 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by v35
Jason, if you decide to go that route, I'd have them installed and set at JIC's own shop in Alhambra. I can give you the contact info. I had them adjust my ride height and dial in the tension settings for the helper springs etc. No one knows their coilovers like they do and they have a pretty standard shop rate.
Thats an excellent idea. I was thinking about doing them myself but having them setup by the shop that makes them is ten times better!!!!

I think I am sold on doing this!

Jason

Old 03-21-2010, 06:07 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Jason, you can install them yourself, and then have them adjust ride height and helper spring tension to save a few bones.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:58 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 20-C4-10
if the bilsteins will fit my 2010 c4 cab i may buy them, if you wish?
AWD cars need a different model than Jason's C2S. Also, his are Damptronics which work with PASM cars.

I just put Damptronics on my C2S cab last week, and absolutely love them.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:13 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by v35
Jason, you can install them yourself, and then have them adjust ride height and helper spring tension to save a few bones.

Are you running any other aftermarket suspension gear like tie rods, dog bones, or cup car control arms to get a good alignment at your height?

Did you have JIC do the setup on yours?

Jason

Old 03-21-2010, 07:39 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JEllis
Are you running any other aftermarket suspension gear like tie rods, dog bones, or cup car control arms to get a good alignment at your height?

Did you have JIC do the setup on yours?

Jason
Hey,
I don't have anything else other than the JIC's so my rear alignment is a little awkward. I might get the RSS toe links to correct it eventually. My front camber is -1.0 both sides and 0 toe, and the driver rear is -1.6 0 toe and pass. rear is -2.1 0 toe. Once I get the links etc. I'll have them set camber, toe and corner balance. They have their own 996tt, 997tt, 993gt2 road race car, 993gt2 drift car so they've got plenty of knowledge to set you up for what you'll need.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by v35
Hey,
I don't have anything else other than the JIC's so my rear alignment is a little awkward. I might get the RSS toe links to correct it eventually. My front camber is -1.0 both sides and 0 toe, and the driver rear is -1.6 0 toe and pass. rear is -2.1 0 toe. Once I get the links etc. I'll have them set camber, toe and corner balance. They have their own 996tt, 997tt, 993gt2 road race car, 993gt2 drift car so they've got plenty of knowledge to set you up for what you'll need.
Excellent.

I fired an email off to them with some questions and to see if they could give me a good price. Vivid has the kit at almost $1000 under MSRP right now.

Jason

Old 03-22-2010, 02:32 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Jason,

Why not motons or jrz's??? I love my JRZ RS Pro's

Also V35, I have a set of porsche motorsport adjustable to links for sale t

Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
To give you an idea, here's a pic of our car with B16 Damptronics, as low as it will go in the front.
Keep in mind, if you go much lower, you'll go beyond the optimum functionality of the suspension. On our car we've got RSS monoball A-arms and thrust bushings, and in the rear we're using RSS adjustable toe-steer kit, adjustable dog-bones, and monoball a-arms and non adjustable thrust bushings. With all this we're able to get an aggressive ride-hieght and still maintain excellent track performance.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:00 AM
v35
Hey Tom, do you guys ever have any issues bottoming out the piston on your B16s?

Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by v35
Hey Tom, do you guys ever have any issues bottoming out the piston on your B16s?
Nope. We really have no complaints about the Damptronic setup. They really offer the best of both both worlds as far as street comfort and track performance.

We do plan to switch them out for a set of KW V3's soon, but our reason for doing that is not that there's anything wrong with the Damptronics, we just want a setup with a little more adjustability for the track.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:52 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
To give you an idea, here's a pic of our car with B16 Damptronics, as low as it will go in the front.
Keep in mind, if you go much lower, you'll go beyond the optimum functionality of the suspension. On our car we've got RSS monoball A-arms and thrust bushings, and in the rear we're using RSS adjustable toe-steer kit, adjustable dog-bones, and monoball a-arms and non adjustable thrust bushings. With all this we're able to get an aggressive ride-hieght and still maintain excellent track performance.

Car looks much better with the CCW wheels! You guys have really turned that car into a track beast....soon you will be gutting it!

Old 03-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mdrums
Car looks much better with the CCW wheels! You guys have really turned that car into a track beast....soon you will be gutting it!
It is a beast for sure! Whenever we're at the track people are just blown away at how fast we can lap with this thing!! Then when we tell them that it's not even an S they feel even worse!

Old 03-22-2010, 12:34 PM
mact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by keninirvine
AWD cars need a different model than Jason's C2S. Also, his are Damptronics which work with PASM cars.

I just put Damptronics on my C2S cab last week, and absolutely love them.
WTF Ken, you got a set without cuts and they worked without any hassles?...damn you!......Im envious.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:19 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Tom... that car looks bad a$$!!!!!!!!!

I love it.. done perfectly.. makes my car look tame ;(

Old 03-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mobonic
Tom... that car looks bad a$$!!!!!!!!!

I love it.. done perfectly.. makes my car look tame ;(
haha thanks man! Actually it's back to all red right now, we're working on a new graphic scheme....stay tuned

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bilstein PSS10 B16 and Competition Ride Height