997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2010 C2S Arctic Silver..carrera classics or carrera sport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 12:41 PM
TriSilver is infamous around these parts
2010 C2S Arctic Silver..carrera classics or carrera sport?

If I go to a C2S.......I like carrera classics. Show off the red calipers well. But I go back and forth on the Carrera Sport which has been my favorite for the past month. Now I'm thinking they don't look sporty enough....kind of like a chariot or wagon wheel. Perhaps overthinking but be interested in what you guys think. Was thinking carrera classics with OEM spacers. not sure which....many of you seem to like the carrera classic. Is that too "old school" on a new car?

Old 03-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Dave in Oregon is infamous around these parts
I have the Carrera classics on my '07 C4S with the factory spacers and I think it is pure Porsche aesthetic. I too had considered the Sport wheels but am DEFINITELY happy with the classics and they are soooo EASY to clean !

Old 03-21-2010, 05:01 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
I say go for the Carrera Sport wheels. Not only are they less common than the Classics, but you avoid having to use spacers for the "right stance". I like the slightly concave look of them as well. In my opinion either way you end up going, there is no wrong choice as they're both beautiful wheels.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:55 PM
jus587 is infamous around these parts
I don't think classic is an old school look. However I prefer the sport. If you paint them (NOT the machined/polished lip), even better!

Old 03-21-2010, 07:03 PM
jastx is infamous around these parts
Not a .2 but with Classics.

Attached Images   

Last edited by jastx; 03-21-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:20 PM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Dave in Oregon
I have the Carrera classics on my '07 C4S with the factory spacers and I think it is pure Porsche aesthetic. I too had considered the Sport wheels but am DEFINITELY happy with the classics and they are soooo EASY to clean !
totally agree. I have them and they are without a doubt my favorite 911 wheels right now. and the ease of cleaning is a huge added benefit, especially since you can easily clean the barrels of the wheel. here are some pictures of mine that I took last fall.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-pictures.html

I also just bought the widebody offset rear wheels, which are slightly concave and perfectly flush. they really change the look of the car.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:01 AM
TriSilver is infamous around these parts
JASTX and PDiddy.........gorgeous. I think I'm convinced to go with the classics on the Arctic Silver.

You mention wide body Classics.....meaning the 305s in the rear?

Also, in these pics, are you using spacers PDiddy?

Old 03-22-2010, 06:42 AM
ls03od is infamous around these parts
When I was looking for my car, I looked for the sport wheels, but when I saw a car with the classics, I bought my car with the classics. Love the look and agree with others here, very easy to clean.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:58 AM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TriSilver
JASTX and PDiddy.........gorgeous. I think I'm convinced to go with the classics on the Arctic Silver.

You mention wide body Classics.....meaning the 305s in the rear?

Also, in these pics, are you using spacers PDiddy?

no spacers in the pictures. those are just the standard narrow body classics that would come on a C2 or C2S. I recently bought a pair of widebody rear wheels from wheel enhancement (i.e. wheels made for the C4's), which are the same width (11"), but they are a different offset (ET51 vs. ET 67). The difference in offset makes them stick out 16mm farther, so it similar to using a spacer, but you get the added benefits of not needing a spacer and the additional concavity of the wheel.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:50 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
go with the classic !

it matches the arctic silver better, IMO.

the sport wheel has the darker hue that better matches the GTsilver.

...and less people with sport wheel like mine is better for me..

BTW the sport wheels only has 10 spokes.. not really that difficult to clean.. unlike the y-mesh i had on my previous car..

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 03-22-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:21 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Sport for sure. Better wheel, wider rear.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
axhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud of
I had the Carrera Classic wheels on my 997.1 997S. If I have the OEM steel (non-PCCB) brakes, and I like to keep my wheels and brake calipers always clean; I would recommend this wheel. It is just so easy to clean, especially the steel brakes will generate lots of dust. The Carrera Classic wheels also make a very classy look to the Artic Silver body.

If I have the PCCB brake, I wouldn't mind to go for the Carrera Sport wheels. It is a stronger and wider wheel, and the off-tone grey color spokes are very beautiful in person (I might even opt for the OEM spacer to push it out a little, looks great.) The narrower space between the spokes make it harder to reach in to clean the wheels and brake calipers, thus if we have the PCCB brakes (virtually no dust) it will be a perfect match.

I think we won't go wrong either way, and at the end of the day it is mostly our personal preference.

With best regards,

Old 03-22-2010, 05:18 PM
maxzboy is infamous around these parts
THe classics seems to fit the car better, but the main advantage is cleaning. Can't imagine cleaning the dust off of the multi-spoke wheels on German cars. I have a set of HRE 540R if you guys want to trade if you are tired of your classic wheels look. I'd consider the sports wheels too.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:00 PM
155mph is infamous around these parts
I agree with the ease of cleaning the Carrera Classic wheel. But I also agree that the Sport wheel looks so nice. I would go for that if I wasn't so **** about cleaning my wheels.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:29 PM
fun911 is infamous around these parts
Of the two I prefer the Sport Wheel. For some reason the Classic just doesn't do it for me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 C2S Arctic Silver..carrera classics or carrera sport?