997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Chicagoland Racing Schools

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Mr. Berlin is infamous around these parts
Chicagoland Racing Schools

ive tried doing some research but all im coming up with is stock or f1. anyone have any knowledge of 911 specific schools in illinois or surrounding areas?

Old 03-21-2010, 05:59 PM
edit

Last edited by Mr. Berlin; 03-21-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:01 PM
keenan9 is infamous around these partskeenan9 is infamous around these parts
Join PCA Chicago. They have a ton of great events. If you are new to racing like me, then I would suggest the Autocross School on 4/24 at Maywood Park. Then there is the Novice Driver's Education Event at Blackhawk on 5/7. I will be attending both.

More information can be found here:
http://pca-chicago.org/cms/

Just picked up a new Bell M4 in anticipation of heading to these events at the Spring Safety Tech Session that was today at Northstar Motorsports.

Another option would be Skip Barber Racing School. They do sessions up at Road America, and I believe they have done them at Autobahn Country Club as well.

Yet a third option if you are willing to travel would be Porsche Sport Driving School in Alabama.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:45 PM
nice, very nice. thanks for the info.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:20 PM
angelo1404 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by keenan9
Join PCA Chicago. They have a ton of great events. If you are new to racing like me, then I would suggest the Autocross School on 4/24 at Maywood Park. Then there is the Novice Driver's Education Event at Blackhawk on 5/7. I will be attending both.

Just picked up a new Bell M4 in anticipation of heading to these events at the Spring Safety Tech Session that was today at Northstar Motorsports.

Another option would be Skip Barber Racing School. They do sessions up at Road America, and I believe they have done them at Autobahn Country Club as well.

Yet a third option if you are willing to travel would be Porsche Sport Driving School in Alabama.
All very nice options --

Old 03-22-2010, 11:36 AM

thanks again. i contacted Todd today at Blackhawk and he gave me more info about getting started. as far as equipment he pointed me towards Northstar Motorsports as well. I went ahead and sighed up for the Autocross driving school on the 24th of april @ maywood park, along with the may 7th event at blackhawk.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:07 PM
keenan9 is infamous around these partskeenan9 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mr. Berlin
thanks again. i contacted Todd today at Blackhawk and he gave me more info about getting started. as far as equipment he pointed me towards Northstar Motorsports as well. I went ahead and sighed up for the Autocross driving school on the 24th of april @ maywood park, along with the may 7th event at blackhawk.
See you there!

Old 03-22-2010, 01:24 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
I also sent you a PM, but forgot to mention:

http://www.lapsincorporated.com/aboutlapsinc.htm

Not the cheapest around, but 5 full track, all day events at Autobahn CC - includes classroom and track instructions.

See you there!