997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Turbo 0-60 2.9seconds!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:51 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Ok......So I ask, If my 96TT was 400 BHP stock, what is the BHP on the new one ? Anyone?

Jim

Old 03-23-2010, 10:55 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by justatoy
LOL.....the question IS would he?

For a guy who is afraid/cautious to do FI.....you sure are intrigued by it!
Just do it...you know you want too!
What is the worse case scenario........?

Stacy
I don`t care, I am doing it. Should get TPC kit with boost controller in 60 days or so as they promise and will start installing and playing with it.

15-50 oil is done, X51 oil pan is done, need to speak to several engine tuners in the area to consult on rods/bolts if they need to be straightened and then will get to the boosting the crap out of this setup.

hopefully it will be fun summer and it will not end up with $20K out of my pocket for new motor.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Auto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Ok......So I ask, If my 96TT was 400 BHP stock, what is the BHP on the new one ? Anyone?

Jim
500 hp on the new TT

Old 03-23-2010, 11:31 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
\

Ed,

Im thinkin a shot of meth might do it
For Stacy or the car?

Old 03-23-2010, 12:10 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Old 03-23-2010, 12:11 PM
150shot is infamous around these parts
Damn- overboost function- that is way cool!

Old 03-23-2010, 01:03 PM
911rookie is infamous around these parts
Car and driver link of the 2010 turbo spanking the ZR-1 !

0-60 in 2.9.......Holy crap, Thats moving!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...1_turbo_page_3

I used to ride motorcycles... My tricked out Yamaha FZR went 0-60 in about 2.7... So this car has faster acceleration than most crotch rockets! That is some sick performance.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:57 PM
jon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of light
ZR1= 200 pounds less, 138hp more.

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...44a7d29d3c.pdf

No better acceleration anywhere ? even rolling ?

?? Please someone explain

Old 03-23-2010, 04:56 PM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jon8
ZR1= 200 pounds less, 138hp more.

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...44a7d29d3c.pdf

No better acceleration anywhere ? even rolling ?

?? Please someone explain
AWD, rear engine layout both provide traction that the ZR1 can't touch. Add launch control and PDK on top of that and you're smoking it off the line. The ZR1 just can't put its power down from a standing start (not enough weight on rear tires and only RWD).

Last edited by P Diddy; 03-23-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:10 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by yrralis1
i have been a turbo fan for many years -even before i ever bought one. The face smearing acceleration of the car is what may attract most but in my opinion it's how well the car manages its power .

All of them make it to 60 pretty fast. There is however this brief lag which occurs when one is not on the throttle . That's where the tuners have taken this car to the next level. Reducing the lag gives the car a more seamless acceleration which is one of the traits most like with the normally aspirated cars.

The big jump comes with changing the turbos . The stock turbos set to oem spec seem to let off a bit wheras the the evoms 700 pull hard through the entire range . It is the most amazing sensation .

I can only imagine where the pdk limits will come into play. I also wonder how much hp the pdk can take. With a manual car the clutch has to be changed to a stage 3 clutch. In mine i even took out the power assist via a gt2 conversion so that the engagement point was more precise (10 hrs of labor or so to do this).

It is by far the best porsche i have ever owned . The interesting thing is that a modified turbo can be a very hard core sub 11 second car and if rolling it's even more ferocious. yet a person can go out and buy a pdk turbo cab and dress it up with luxury if he wants and have this blend of beast and comfort.

That's exactly why I want one! Just when...I know you'll tell me Larry!!!!

Old 03-23-2010, 06:22 PM
jon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by P Diddy
AWD, rear engine layout both provide traction that the ZR1 can't touch. Add launch control and PDK on top of that and you're smoking it off the line. The ZR1 just can't put its power down from a standing start (not enough weight on rear tires and only RWD).
yes but...on a roll ?

is the Vette loss on powertrain is THAT bad ?

i would be curious to see both cars on a dyno

Old 03-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Justahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud of
That is absolutely remarkeable. What other production car does that?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:07 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
What was the mph in the 1/4 for both cars?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:37 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jon8
yes but...on a roll ?

is the Vette loss on powertrain is THAT bad ?

i would be curious to see both cars on a dyno
post number 1 sums it up https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2736265

And modded .. not even close.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:51 AM
Melor is infamous around these parts
My First Post

If you drop a rock from an appropriate height, it will accelerate and reach 60 MPH in 2.75 seconds, actually a little longer if you factor air resistance. While the rock and turbo both are both in the same league regarding acceleration, the rock will definitely stop significantly faster...

Way to go Porsche... Work on the brakes...

Paul
www.melor.com
Pondering Porsche 911

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Turbo 0-60 2.9seconds!!!!