997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

CarGraphic Exhaust 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 04:48 PM
maxzboy is infamous around these parts
CarGraphic Exhaust 997

Does anyone know what the difference between the TUV Version, TUV Sound Version, and Super Sound Export Version?

Im assuming it's the loudness level, but would like to confirm. Seems like the price is more expensive at the first level.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by maxzboy
Does anyone know what the difference between the TUV Version, TUV Sound Version, and Super Sound Export Version?

Im assuming it's the loudness level, but would like to confirm. Seems like the price is more expensive at the first level.
Hi maxzboy,

Hope you had a nice weekend.

The Cargraphic Exhaust Systems are indeed offered in various sound levels.

Since the German laws don't allow loud aftermarket systems, The TUV version is still a sport exhaust offering weight savings and HP/TQ gains but is no louder than the factory option. The TUV sound version is a bit louder than the factory offering and still gives you gains and weight savings over stock. The Super Sound Export Version is the loudest of the 3 and is not sold in Germany. It is by far the most popular upgrade and sounds nice and throaty like a Porsche should sound depending on your tastes. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, we're right down the street from you in Costa Mesa.

Thanks,

Bryan

Old 03-22-2010, 05:05 PM
maxzboy is infamous around these parts
Bryan,
Thanks for the reply. I live in a very quiet neighborhood, and the word "loud" often has a negative connotation to me. I do not want to attract any attention, but the throaty sound of the exhaust intrigued me.

Decision decision decision.

What's your typical rate to install an exhaust? (Im not sure if this is allowed to be discussed here)

Old 03-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by maxzboy
Bryan,
Thanks for the reply. I live in a very quiet neighborhood, and the word "loud" often has a negative connotation to me. I do not want to attract any attention, but the throaty sound of the exhaust intrigued me.

Decision decision decision.

What's your typical rate to install an exhaust? (Im not sure if this is allowed to be discussed here)
I totally understand and think that the Medium Sound Version which I do have in stock may suit you nicely if you are concerned with it being too loud.
I'll PM you regarding install specials shortly and we can discuss the sound options more as well.

Thanks,

Bryan

Old 03-22-2010, 06:43 PM
anthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really nice
Bryan, when you get a chance, could you pm me the price of the 997 Super Sound Export Version + install? Also, do factory tips bolt onto this exhuast without a problem? Thanks, -Anthony

Old 03-22-2010, 06:56 PM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
I have the loud version ("super sound export" or whatever it's called), and it's definitely not too loud. To be honest, I was hoping for something louder. It's hardly any louder than stock at idle and at cruise, but under load it starts to open up. You'll see that some reviews describe it as a Jekyl/Hide personality - loud when you want it and quiet when you're taking it easy. What's more impressive though is that there is no drone on the highway. I would definitely recommend the Cargraphic system. also, the sound it makes when you start it up in a covered garage of any sort is amazing - it lets out a healthy growl that sounds smooth but menacing.

install ran me $300 at Fall Line Motorsports, which is not a cheap place to get work done. I'd bet you can find a reputable place that can do it for $150 or $200. feel free to PM me with questions. good luck

Old 03-22-2010, 07:05 PM
pic9809 is infamous around these parts
^ couldnt agree more with p diddy - have the super sound export installed on my C2S cab and it's stealth as can be when cruising but throaty when you open her up all with no drone. my stock C2S tips fit fine with it and install cost me around $250

Old 03-22-2010, 07:17 PM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
Ditto, i love my Cargraphic. Went from stock to Tubi to Cargraphic, and by far the Cargraphic has the most intoxicating sound

My friend has the 'medium' and they sound great too

Either choice,,,,you won't be dissapointed

Old 03-22-2010, 07:22 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by w00zie
Ditto, i love my Cargraphic. Went from stock to Tubi to Cargraphic, and by far the Cargraphic has the most intoxicating sound

My friend has the 'medium' and they sound great too

Either choice,,,,you won't be dissapointed
cool !

i got a "super sound export" coming my way and i cant wait to put in on !! (and also get drunk off the sound )

Old 03-22-2010, 08:11 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Here's my recent Cargraphic Super Sound Export + Sharkwerks bypass post w/ vids:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...2s-motion.html

Just played them again, though the videography stinks, the sound captured by my iPhone is not too far off. Great sound. You'll be very pleased...but don't forget the Sharkwerks bypass. Was the icing on the cake.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:12 PM
anthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really nice
Originally Posted by P Diddy
I have the loud version ("super sound export" or whatever it's called), and it's definitely not too loud. To be honest, I was hoping for something louder.
Thanks for everyone's experience and opinions. The Fabspeed Maxflo's I have just aren't loud enough for me, and I was hoping the loudest Cargraphic exhaust would be the ticket. Really hard for me to tell if I will like it until it's on the car... isn't that always the problem. You guys are selling me on it though and I might have to take the chance.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:24 PM
OK I picked up my brand new Cargraphic export exhuast from Bryan @ RSS today. To anyone who is considering one, he is definitely the man to go to. One of the best buying experiences I have ever had, and now I get why everyone has such positive things to say about RSS. He did not ask me to post this -- I just wanted to let you guys know. Really excited to install it!! And thanks again for all your posts.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:32 PM
madporsche85 is infamous around these parts
Mine was super sound version and it wasn't that insanely loud.
Frankly, you can't go wrong with any version of Cargraphic.
I sold mine but will never forget the sound

Old 03-25-2010, 09:15 AM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by madporsche85
Mine was super sound version and it wasn't that insanely loud.
Frankly, you can't go wrong with any version of Cargraphic.
I sold mine but will never forget the sound
time to update your sig

Old 03-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by anthony
OK I picked up my brand new Cargraphic export exhuast from Bryan @ RSS today. To anyone who is considering one, he is definitely the man to go to. One of the best buying experiences I have ever had, and now I get why everyone has such positive things to say about RSS. He did not ask me to post this -- I just wanted to let you guys know. Really excited to install it!! And thanks again for all your posts.
Hi Anthony, thanks for the nice comments you posted. I laughed when you wrote that I didn't ask you to post up - we would never ask a customer to post on the forums - not our style, it's our job to give great service and we actually enjoy it. It was a pleasure meeting you and your father yesterday, thanks for taking the drive down.

I think you will love your new Cargraphic Super "Import" Sound Exhaust. As discussed, for you or anyone else that has upgraded their side mufflers on a 997.1 and still looking for more of a throatier, louder Porsche sound - the next best step is upgrading to 200 Cell Sport Cats - they will do the trick.

Thanks again, enjoy your new Cargraphic gear...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CarGraphic Exhaust 997