997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Right Way to Buy a CPO'd PFS Lease Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Cayman718 is infamous around these parts
Right Way to Buy a CPO'd PFS Lease Car

Hello Fellow 6Speeders, I have a 2008 C4S coming off a lease from PFS and am thinking of buying it. It has a CPO that I'd like to keep without incurring extra charges if possible.

My dealer says I have to buy it through him and pay to have it re-CPO'd. Does that sound right? I've been told by PCNA that the CPO travels with the vehicle.

Has anyone gone through this process without having to pay for another CPO to be done? Any advice is greatly appreciated. thx.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:49 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Crap -- I fell into this one. I usually don't particpate in the type of response below, but here it goes....

Search is your friend.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:09 PM
I did a search prior to posting but many threads come up with relevant keywords. after browsing them a good while I thought I'd accelerate things a bit.

Does anyone recall seeing this question addressed previously and in which thread I can find the discussion?

Thanks again.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:44 PM
ok, reached a more knowledgable source at PFS that was able to confirm that the car does NOT need to be re-CPO'd by a dealer. Just pay PFS directly for the car and the CPO will remain intact.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
CPO is only invalidated if the car is re-sold by a non-authorized car dealer.

You buying out your leased vehicle should no bearing at all on the cpo status.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:04 PM
big_willy is infamous around these parts
Sounds like your stealership to trying to milk you for some dough....

Re-CPO when buying out a lease is LOL!!!!!

Old 03-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by big_willy
Sounds like your stealership to trying to milk you for some dough....

Re-CPO when buying out a lease is LOL!!!!!

and done under the guise of trust too!

Old 03-25-2010, 04:00 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Cayman718
Hello Fellow 6Speeders, I have a 2008 C4S coming off a lease from PFS and am thinking of buying it. It has a CPO that .................................. thx.

Clue me in, please; how (and why) did your 08 have a CPO when you leased it? New cars have the original warranty, not a CPO, which does travel with the car. If you want an extended warranty - such as a CPO - you have to pay for it.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:33 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
When I had my 04' C4S, it was CPO'd out to 6yrs in total. Porsche told me that the CPO travels with the car, and it did not matter whether or not it was sold thru Porsche again. No extra cost was involved. The CPO stays on-record with Porsche thru the vin#.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:04 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
and done under the guise of trust too!
which dealer is this? I see your in NY as am I

Old 03-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by tejoe
Clue me in, please; how (and why) did your 08 have a CPO when you leased it? New cars have the original warranty, not a CPO, which does travel with the car. If you want an extended warranty - such as a CPO - you have to pay for it.
It was actually a certified preowned used car with low mileage that the dealer was able to lease well since it was still the same model year.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by dinorocz
which dealer is this? I see your in NY as am I
pm sent.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:07 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
It was actually a certified preowned used car with low mileage that the dealer was able to lease well since it was still the same model year.
Ahh, now makes good sense, and happy for you that PFA is taking care of it.

FWIW: years ago had a similar experience with a leased Accura; dealer tried to kick up the 'buy price' by a grand since my company had leased the car and I now wanted it titled in my name. I called Honda finance and got it for what it should have been with no problem. Real pisser was that during the lease I'd already bought another Accura from them for my wife. Guess which dealer never got any more of my business?