997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Threw on the Tint: 997.2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:10 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Threw on the Tint: 997.2S

Well...the 35% tint went on the other day - vid below. Sorry I didn't clean her up and shine the shoes before I shot the vid. I'm very happy with the results, as it balances the black wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxZpDWnzUKc

Old 03-27-2010, 02:42 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Well...the 35% tint went on the other day - vid below. Sorry I didn't clean her up and shine the shoes before I shot the vid. I'm very happy with the results, as it balances the black wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxZpDWnzUKc
Looks really good..it's what I had. You guys in PA can get away with it or are you just doing it anyway?

Last edited by michaeldantep; 03-27-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
More pics of your car!! Especially more details on how you fit the turbo wing on your car.

And please change your avatar.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:37 PM
thor7000 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
More pics of your car!! Especially more details on how you fit the turbo wing on your car.

And please change your avatar.
Agreed, that Turbo wing looks awesome...was it difficult to install...approx. cost??

Old 03-27-2010, 05:07 PM
geestyleed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thor7000
agreed, that turbo wing looks awesome...was it difficult to install...approx. Cost??
+100

Old 03-27-2010, 05:27 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks all. Here's some answers:

* In PA 35% is illegal -- never had a problem with any of my tinted cars
* Turbo wing was from my 997 turbo -- had it painted black. Fitmet was good -- needed an additional strut. Still waiting on wiring harness for wing to move up/down, fan and brake light to work. Probably about $750 in parts and labor (including paint) but the OEM wing is probably at least $3,500 (maybe more).
* Change my avatar -- not likely anytime soon. I miss that car!
* https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...3-997-2-a.html for more pics

Old 03-27-2010, 10:48 PM
anthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really niceanthony is just really nice
Looks so good. What kind (brand) of tint?

Old 03-27-2010, 11:31 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Yanno Taylor -- Even though each aspect is not my style I gotta say it looks good all in one package.

very creative!!! Still wouldn't do it myself . But I did look twice at the video.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:14 AM
^^^ thanky you sir. I appreciate the compliments on creativity.

Here's another pic from afar, and without the sun glare. This shows a bit more of the overall look, and you can get a better sense as to how visibile the inside of the car is (note the steering wheel and rear view mirror being visible). My black lug nuts should be ready soon -- which I think will help.

I think one more touch will do it: smoking the tail lights a bit.

Last edited by taylorcoleman; 03-28-2010 at 02:11 PM.