997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

infant seats for back of 2010 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 12:57 AM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
I bought my 911

specifically as a family car. I was going to buy a Vantage but after driving the 911 the utility of the car won me over. Not to mention it flat out drives better than the vantage. Its not my only car , but it is getting chosen for almost every trip that does not involve putting lots of stuff in the car.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:48 AM
thor7000 is infamous around these parts
Great idea on removing the rear seats, will be doing that today!! I took the family for a nice drive last weekend, but it was a little cramped....but still thought how great it was that I could turn my 911 into a family car..lol

Old 05-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
I'm going to go with these if I can confirm they fit.
http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Hyb...pr_product_top
I have them in the back of the family passat and we love them, although we have the old version from Safeguard.
They require LATCH on either side of the seat, and a hook/loop behind top center. I'm not sure how I'd handle that, but I'll check it out when I get the car.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
Britax Roundabout with base removed and lower cushion removed. Fits like a glove.

Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Gator Skin
Britax Roundabout with base removed and lower cushion removed. Fits like a glove.

I think my kids are too old for that. I guess I should be paying more att'n to the thread title: "Infant Seats". my bad...

My kids are 3, 5, and 7, so I think the 'Go' is better suited.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:12 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
I wish Porsche would make their seats available here again!

I too scoured the forums for a seat for our daughter (18 mo.). Bought a few and returned them because the fit was compromised. I ended up with the previous generation Porsche Junior Seat which I got off of Craig's list. Safety seems merely adequately, but at least it fits well.

The newer version of the Junior seat has a 5 point harness and looks much safer and better. I ordered one from 800-PORSCHE back in October a month after I got my car, and after many postcards stating it was on backorder I cancelled last month and got the older used seat.

Why can't the manufacturer of the Porsche seats (Britax I believe) simply produce and sell a Porsche version of their seats labelled 'Porsche compatible' through normal retailers like Babies R Us etc..? That way Porsche has no liability concerns or other issues.

I think many Cayenne and now also Panamera owners would buy a Porsche Design edition Britax seat?

Good luck,
DRP

Old 05-25-2010, 03:35 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Im using this one from Porsche for my 20 months old son...

Old 12-16-2010, 12:03 PM
cmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of light
I have a Britax Roundabout in my 997.2 Cabriolet. Fits fine. I took bottom seat cover out but not the top. Think I will remove tops before next summer.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
While not wanting to incure the rath of all the young dad's in the group but for some strange reason the boy racer in me doesn't want to accept the notion that these cars where designed to chauffeur small human's in baby seats. Does the term "mini van" mean anything to you ?
Maybe if you all write in to Porsche they'll come out with a mini van. ( Not all that far fetched when you think about it given their current lineup of vehicles) They could call it Haulababarerra or Childeseatamara. Sorry, just having a little fun at your expense but it strikes me as more than a little bizarre that baby seats and Porsche Carreras should be mentioned in the same sentence. Next thing you now someone will ask how to get their son's soccer team into their 911 Cab without lowering the top.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:58 PM
cmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Dadio
While not wanting to incure the rath of all the young dad's in the group but for some strange reason the boy racer in me doesn't want to accept the notion that these cars where designed to chauffeur small human's in baby seats. Does the term "mini van" mean anything to you ?
Maybe if you all write in to Porsche they'll come out with a mini van. ( Not all that far fetched when you think about it given their current lineup of vehicles) They could call it Haulababarerra or Childeseatamara. Sorry, just having a little fun at your expense but it strikes me as more than a little bizarre that baby seats and Porsche Carreras should be mentioned in the same sentence. Next thing you now someone will ask how to get their son's soccer team into their 911 Cab without lowering the top.
I tend to agree. It's not my DD, that job belongs to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. All that being said, why should I leave the only woman in the house who likes me (my daughter) at home when I take the fun car??

Old 12-16-2010, 02:12 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cmargosi
I tend to agree. It's not my DD, that job belongs to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. All that being said, why should I leave the only woman in the house who likes me (my daughter) at home when I take the fun car??
lol. Well, my wife still loves me...I think... I guess I'll be in the minority of those that wish there were a good infant seat for the backseats. Does my infant daughter HAVE to ride the TT? Of course not. We have 2 other family mobiles for that job. But as it is, now my wife can never ride in the car with me unless we leave the little one at home with the dog....hmmm....nope...bad idea

Old 12-16-2010, 02:13 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I actually sized the back seat of the 996 before deciding on whether to buy it.

The reason I bought the GT-R, is that I could take my three kids with me everywhere I go.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:55 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
You must not be a parent responsible for transporting your kids on a regular basis. Its a very basic question - I have to drive my kids to day care every day, so would I rather go in a "mini van" or in a 911? My wife has an Odyssey for full family outings.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:55 PM
p's pcar is infamous around these partsp's pcar is infamous around these parts
The best reactions I got from people while I'm driving in the 911 are when they see my son riding in the car seat in the back.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:06 PM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by p's pcar
The best reactions I got from people while I'm driving in the 911 are when they see my son riding in the car seat in the back.
Same here. People are often quite pleasantly surprised to see a family of four exit a 911. Besides... why should I enjoy the ride by myself? You do not want to guess how often the kids ask for a ride in the 911 - or worse still ask their mother to drive them in it an I have to use an alternate vehicle...Bringing the kids along contributes to growing the next generation of porschephiles

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: infant seats for back of 2010 997S