997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

infant seats for back of 2010 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:44 PM
TriSilver is infamous around these parts
infant seats for back of 2010 997S

Ok.....I deserve the chin music on this one.........but.....those of you sticking a 1 year old in the back seat.....will any car seat work or is there a specific one that you recommend? Taylor, I think I saw 2 in your recent pics.......I don't want to scratch the leather and want enough clearance (has to be vertical and forward facing for that).

Old 03-28-2010, 05:33 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Recaro Vivo seats. They're the best fitting seat out there IMO. I just put down a bath towel folded over to protect the leather.

These Recaros provide the maximim head and legroom for the kids.

I'm not sure what solution will work for a 1-year-old. I know they '09s at least have the tether system (but not the latch system which is silly). There may be a forward facing seat that uses the lap belt plus tether that will fit and be safe, but I'm just not sure.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
I have the Recaro Vivo seats. They're the best fitting seat out there IMO. I just put down a bath towel folded over to protect the leather.

These Recaros provide the maximim head and legroom for the kids.

I'm not sure what solution will work for a 1-year-old. I know they '09s at least have the tether system (but not the latch system which is silly). There may be a forward facing seat that uses the lap belt plus tether that will fit and be safe, but I'm just not sure.
I also have a set of Recaro Vivo's for my three year old twins. But they are rated for 3 years / 30 Lbs / 36 Inches. They are in fact booster seats with a back and head bolsters.
I think what you'll need si the Britex Round-a-bout.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:09 PM
dk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to behold
i have the britax roundabout. There are are few threads about this for the 997.1, not sure if the back seat is different in the 997.2. But at least in the 997.1, very few seats will work because the seat is so narrow...

Old 03-28-2010, 08:36 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
i didn't realize there is no latch in the back. this is going to severely change my upcoming 997 plan....

Old 03-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by trovan
i didn't realize there is no latch in the back. this is going to severely change my upcoming 997 plan....
Actually, I think there is a latch for the top of the seats somewhere but it's tough to find. I've never looked since I have the boosters.

someone posted a link just a few days ago to a car seat mount that was on ebay. look for the link.

I can tell you that it's the best family car around if that's what you want.
We love all piling in. It's snug but intimate and the whole family enjoy it.
My little girls know it's special and they always ask to take it.

Everyone will think you're nuts but they'll be jealous at the same time.

We have three rules that are law...
1) no food or drinks
2) no shoes
3) no touching the paint

Old 03-28-2010, 10:30 PM
dk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to beholddk10438 is a splendid one to behold
I think what you are referring to is actually the "tether" which is exposed by using a utility knife. the carpet is already precut. the latch system refers to anchors in the seat which you can attach the car seat to, if available, and as far as I know, it is not available on the 997

Old 03-29-2010, 12:32 AM
GIjbop is infamous around these partsGIjbop is infamous around these parts
i made a thread on this earlier..

hope this link works

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...eat-997-a.html

Old 03-29-2010, 08:35 AM
robac is infamous around these parts
I bought the Porsche car seat form the dealer. I was considering a new intake or exhaust, but in the end I think the child seat was the best mod I could have made. Now we can take the car out as a family - translation - I get to drive it more and share the experience with my family.

My son 3.5 years loves the car, and always asks to take it when we go out. Who can argue with a 3 year old.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Here's some picts of the girls in Pappa's Porsche.

Attached Images   
Old 03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
ModHog is infamous around these parts
Was it difficult removing the seat backs?

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'

Old 03-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by ModHog
Was it difficult removing the seat backs?
Nah. Took about five minutes with set of Allen wrenches. There's one on each side and one in the middle.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:36 PM
robac is infamous around these parts
Did you take out the bottom and back portion of the seat or just the bottom cushion?

Old 05-22-2010, 09:23 PM
ModHog is infamous around these parts
Nah. Took about five minutes with set of Allen wrenches. There's one on each side and one in the middle.
Thanks for sharing Hella-Buggin. This was the easiest mod ever and my 997 lost 10lbs. The Recaro Vivo fits perfectly and now there is plenty of room for the front passenger to sit.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:48 PM
fanboy is infamous around these parts
My 4 and 6 year olds love the car and fit well in the back. As Hella-Buggin says it's comfy but makes it a family car. That's why the 911 got the nod over a new Cayman.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: infant seats for back of 2010 997S