997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Experience of NAV TV POR-IPOD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:09 AM
samuel.mercer is infamous around these parts
Experience of NAV TV POR-IPOD?

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if there was anyone else who had this fitted, as mine has packed up and has taken the navigation stuff with it, being on the MOST loop. I sent the product back to NAV TV who allegedly upgraded the software, however it still doesn't work properly. (Reports no Ipod, no way of controlling from PCM). I am thinking of binning it and getting a Mostbridge, but first I'd like to know if it is worth them replacing it as they have offered, or go down the refund route.

Does anyone have positive experiences with this?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Old 04-02-2010, 09:07 PM
yorksboy01742 is infamous around these parts
I have the Nav TV Ipod module in my 997 S - it is very inconsistent - sometimes it randomly doesnt recognize the ipod and I would have to turn the engine on and off for it to come back - there is no rhyme or reason to it. I have had it for nearly 3 years and when it is working it is good but when it is not it is VERY frustrating.

if the car had an aux input I likely would have just gone with that if I had know how frustrating it was.

Hopefully this will all go away when I get a new 2010 - assuming I can get the upgrade past my wife. :-)