997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New 997.2 C4S Cab Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 05:49 PM
CMartin348 is infamous around these parts
New 997.2 C4S Cab Owner

Hey everyone! After looking for a couple months in the '06-08 range I found a leftover new '09 C4S Cab with the options I wanted in NC. Drove it home last weekend, what an amazing experience! The connection between the driver/car and road is phenomenal. Anyways, I could go on and on about driving it... so here are some pics and the options! I also have a couple questions.

2009 911 C4S Cabriolet
White/Black
Full Leather
Sport Chrono
XM
Bose
Bluetooth
19" Carrera Classic Wheel
5mm Wheel Spacers

Questions -

What's the best car cover for it? I don't have a garage right now so a car cover is a must!

I live in TN so it gets pretty hot here in the summer and the sun will be shining on the car sometimes, I'd like to get a windshield screen thing. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good one that would fit?

Thanks everyone for your help, this is a great forum and I look forward to participating!

Casey

Attached Images      
Old 03-30-2010, 06:05 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
congratulations on a beautiful car!

http://www.griotsgarage.com/p2p/ymmm...do?method=view
http://www.carcoverworld.com/
http://www.calcarcover.com/cover_find.aspx

BTW i thought all 'S' models come with white instrument display.. but what do i know.. i am a newb

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 03-30-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car - but of course I'm biased
I leave mine outside as well and likely have similar weather to yours. Though it's a dry heat!
I use a Weathershield XP cover on all of my cars. Even the ones inside. Seems to breathe really well, keeps the car relatively dry and they last a long time. Even in direct sunlight. My 8 year old one on my SUV (yes, I cover my SUV) finally gave out and has to be replaced.
Of course you need to keep the car very clean when you frequently use a cover. You don't want to trap dirt between the paint and the cover when you (or the wind) are sliding it across the surface.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
congratulations on a beautiful car!

http://www.griotsgarage.com/p2p/ymmm...do?method=view
http://www.carcoverworld.com/
http://www.calcarcover.com/cover_find.aspx

BTW i thought all 'S' models come with white instrument display.. but what do i know.. i am a newb
Thank you!

All 'S' models do come with the white instrument display but you can order them in other colors and this one was ordered in black.

Originally Posted by my997turbo
Welcome! Fantastic looking c4s, I love carrera white. I'm probably not the person to ask about car covers, considering I garage mine, and I don't know much about sun screens, because I live in seattle. But welcome again, you're going to love the 6

I noticed you have "sport" mode on
Thank you Sir! haha yeah, I already love it and the weather this week here is perfect for driving, 70's and sunny! Is that your car in your avatar? Beautiful! Love the PCCBs!

Of course, gotta have sport mode on

Old 03-30-2010, 06:55 PM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
Congrats. Beautiful car!

Old 03-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Verde
Beautiful car - but of course I'm biased
I leave mine outside as well and likely have similar weather to yours. Though it's a dry heat!
I use a Weathershield XP cover on all of my cars. Even the ones inside. Seems to breathe really well, keeps the car relatively dry and they last a long time. Even in direct sunlight. My 8 year old one on my SUV (yes, I cover my SUV) finally gave out and has to be replaced.
Of course you need to keep the car very clean when you frequently use a cover. You don't want to trap dirt between the paint and the cover when you (or the wind) are sliding it across the surface.
Your car is beautiful as well haha

Thank you for the recommendation, I'll check those out.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:37 PM
RED 997 is infamous around these parts
Congratulations! Beautiful car. I have the Porsche stretch cover and am happy with it.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:18 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
what a beauty.... i love the white, that was my first choice..... but ended up with the silver....

Old 03-30-2010, 08:44 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
You did very well !!!! Beautiful car . Congrats.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 PM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
That's one beautiful White C4S, CMartin! Congrats and enjoy!

Old 03-30-2010, 10:36 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Great find. Enjoy her safely. My suggestion: 1. clear side markers (for aesthetics) . 2. Clear bra (for protection) if you are going to drive her on freeways and plan to keep her for quite sometime. 3. Spend time on 6speed every week to learn more about your car from some of the most knowledgable minds who lurk here.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Saleh 911 is infamous around these parts
Fun just started
the color is just WOOW,,,

Old 03-30-2010, 10:53 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CMartin348
... I'd like to get a windshield screen thing. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good one that would fit? ...
I recommend the OEM sunshield - PN: PNA-505-997. You can get it HERE.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:00 AM
doug2255 has a spectacular aura aboutdoug2255 has a spectacular aura about
Congrats!! She's a beauty.

Welcome to the P-Car world.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:00 AM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
Beautiful car, congratulations.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 997.2 C4S Cab Owner