997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

If you are in doubt about wheel spacers...Dont be!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 05:49 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know guys. In the closeup pic of the RR tire above ^, the tire looks like it's outside the fender. I don't think I'd go over the 5mm OEM spacer.

J

Old 04-01-2010, 06:48 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
I don't know guys. In the closeup pic of the RR tire above ^, the tire looks like it's outside the fender. I don't think I'd go over the 5mm OEM spacer.

J

J,

If u look closely u will c i have a center drain garage. That pic is actually tilted so the tire gap is angled.

Jim

Old 04-01-2010, 07:31 PM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
Honestly, I barely notice. Not worth the money to me

Old 04-01-2010, 11:07 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by P997S
Honestly, I barely notice. Not worth the money to me
You would notice if you saw them in person. It's subtle, but it gives the car a really different look. Very C4 in it's width.

I was skeptical before I saw them installed on my car. Now I'm a believer...and, less than $400.00 installed. It's the cheapest and most effective aesthetic mod you can do ( besides clear side markers, of course).

Old 04-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx

J
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
J,

If u look closely u will c i have a center drain garage. That pic is actually tilted so the tire gap is angled.

Jim

Also keep in mind that as your suspension travels, your wheel does not move straight up and down. It cambers inward as it moves up, so there's no issues with the fender.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Jetpilot3 is infamous around these parts
Are any of you lowered with H&R sport springs? I have the Carrera Sport wheels as well and considering adding spacers.

Any recommendations? what size should I do front and rear?

Old 04-11-2010, 02:22 AM
schwartzwest is infamous around these parts
I installed H&R 7mm spacers on the rear and mounted my new Carrera Sport wheels which just got refinished to factory OEM spec. WOW- LOVE THEM! I'll post some pics soon!

Old 04-11-2010, 08:53 AM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
do the spacers affect inboard tire wear?????? possibly on the plus side???

Old 04-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Bonerwall is infamous around these parts
My big question is about handling. How do spacers wider than the OEM offered 5mm affect steering and handling and alignment specs?

Old 04-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Well I opted to go 7mm front and 15mm rear and will have them installed on Saturday along with my H&R springs.

We shall see if 15mm in the rear with Carrera Sport wheels are a no-no. I'm excited!

Old 05-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
Jetpilot, interested in hearing an update on your spacers. I have the same wheels (carrera sport) on a C2 and really want spacers but there are about 10 different combos I've heard just on this thread alone. I originally was gonna do 7mm front and 14mm rear but now Ive heard recs for 7mm both or just 7 mm rear but I'd like to see how your setup worked.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bonerwall
My big question is about handling. How do spacers wider than the OEM offered 5mm affect steering and handling and alignment specs?
I have 15 MM on my BMW and cannot feel any difference at all.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:50 AM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
i also have carrera sports wheels..

IMO, the front look like it can be pushed out a bit.. i was considering 5 or 7 mm in the front..

however, i am very concerned about pebbles being kicked up by the front tires with the wider stance..

thoughts?
I was concerned about pebbles as well....not to worry, this doesn't happen and I have 18mm on the rear with 295 tires...

Old 05-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Gator Skin
Jetpilot, interested in hearing an update on your spacers. I have the same wheels (carrera sport) on a C2 and really want spacers but there are about 10 different combos I've heard just on this thread alone. I originally was gonna do 7mm front and 14mm rear but now Ive heard recs for 7mm both or just 7 mm rear but I'd like to see how your setup worked.
So far so good Gator Skin. No rubbing etc under spirited driving. Take a look at the pictures below and decide for yourself if the wheels need to be tucked in more to your liking. Honestly, its the curvature of the tire that is exaggerated by these photos and the angle is hard to snap in a picture. Notice in the 3rd photo that the top of the tire (contact patch) is tucked inside the wheel well but the rounded part of the tire appears to stick out. As I said its exaggerated by the photo and really dependent on the tire brand you are running (some are more upright - stiffer sidewall). The wheel when the suspension compresses tucks inward so there definitely isn't any rubbing.

You wouldn't see a difference between 15 and 14mm to be honest. I'm very very happy with running 7mm front and 15mm rears. Perfect.

Name:  IMG_8742.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  75.2 KB

Name:  IMG_8743.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  70.8 KB

Name:  IMG00062-20100417-1808.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  45.0 KB

Last edited by Jetpilot3; 05-03-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
Looks great. I know have the Lowering Springs bug. I think I'll wait on the spacers until I can do the springs that way I can save on having to do two alignments; plus it would prob look better to do them together.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If you are in doubt about wheel spacers...Dont be!