997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

AWE cats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 06:43 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Thumbs up AWE cats

Last night after long day @ work I tore the bumper off and installed the cats!
It was probably easier then the cans, to be honest with u. I just wish I had taken pics of the install. Anyway the bumper removal was about 6 minutes and the rest took about 1 and half hours. I took it for a spin and I can no longer hear the whale of the Evoms. I dont feel any boost, but I am disconnecting the battery on Sunday

Jim

Old 04-02-2010, 09:03 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
LOL, there is no boost, you need a Plenumn for that!

Old 04-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Boober is infamous around these parts
I've never really understood why some folks remove the rear fascia. Did you do the cats with the car on the ground?

Old 04-02-2010, 10:17 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
LOL, there is no boost, you need a Plenumn for that!

Wow!!!!! Once a dick always a dick! LOL

Old 04-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Boober
I've never really understood why some folks remove the rear fascia. Did you do the cats with the car on the ground?

U can definetly work on it easier with the cover off. And yes I did not jack the car up..........I hope I will feel a difference in it after battery disconnect

Old 04-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Boober is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
U can definetly work on it easier with the cover off. And yes I did not jack the car up..........I hope I will feel a difference in it after battery disconnect
I guess with the car on the ground it would be worth it. I did the full A.W.E. system in about 3.5 hours from start to finish without removing the rear fascia, but I used a lift.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:26 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
I hope I will feel a difference in it after battery disconnect
Your kidding! Right?

Signed

Richard!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:49 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
My car didn't feel happy post AWE cat install until the ECU reset. Silky afterwards.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:33 AM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
How much louder was the car with the AWE cats? I have the PSE (unplugged for always on). I'd be happy with a somewhat louder/even sportier tone from the exhaust. Would PSE get the car there?

Old 04-02-2010, 11:46 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
It will definitely be louder with the cats.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by CMOS
How much louder was the car with the AWE cats? I have the PSE (unplugged for always on). I'd be happy with a somewhat louder/even sportier tone from the exhaust. Would PSE get the car there?
I have the AWE Cats and PSE, I find it loud enough with PSE off. Without the cats I found that PSE wasn't that lod at all.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:53 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
WAY2GO Jim,

You finally installed those USED cats Ed sold you..!
Nice work...and you didn't even need any helpful hints!
I am proud of you that you actually got your hands dirty...

Stacy

Old 04-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
WAY2GO Jim,

You finally installed those USED cats Ed sold you..!
Nice work...and you didn't even need any helpful hints!
I am proud of you that you actually got your hands dirty...

Stacy

wooooowww! friends like this , who needs enemies!

Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 PM
CanuckC4S has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckC4S has a spectacular aura about
Nice work on the DIY! I got confirmation yesterday from AWE that my Cats and Headers were shipped out. I'm hoping this is a DIY that I can handle! I too am not the most mechanically inclined person but if Jim can do it so can I.
Rookie question? - is not standard practice to disconnect the battery prior to doing the install? By doing this would you avoid having to do an ECU reset post install?

Old 04-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Disconnecting the battery is what resets the ECU. Just disconnect it while you're the install, and you'll be all set to go when you're done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AWE cats