997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Got my car back from Borla!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 10:35 AM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
Got my car back from Borla!

It was a fun experience. Chris Higgins and David Borla were both gentlemen and a pleasure to deal with. The project took a bit longer than we thought, but they were very responsive to my needs and communicated with me on a regular basis.

Now the actual verdict on the exhaust:

Its better than I had ever dreamed of. I have had many 911's, from 993's to 996's to 996tt and GT3, to 997's to 997tt's to 997 GT3 and GT2. My all time favorite exhaust was the 997GT3RS with the vacuum hose unplugged. It was a fantastic sound, aggressive yet sounded very well "engineered". Unlike the other after market exhausts, it had a very tight pulse and very uniform sound, with no gurgle and pop which I do not like. I asked a few people in the industry how I could possibly get that sound, but they all told me that it would not be possible. So when I agreed to this project, I was just hoping for a nicer slightly throatier and deeper sound but not what I would most prefer. To my pleasant surprise, this Borla exhaust sounds very similar to the GT3RS I had but with a few less decibels. It is perfect for my taste. This is my daily driver, so I need to be able to comfortably use my phone and listen to my music when I am not "on it", and this fills the bill perfectly. The best way for me to describe this would be the difference going from a stock Mercedes to an AMG, or a BMW to an M, or a regular Porsche to a GT model. It does not sound aftermarket at all. It sounds more like a factory interpretation of how a sportier model should sound. There is absolutely no drone, just a lower and slightly louder sound throughout the rev range, with very close pulses to create a very uniform sound. The side benefit is actually increased power and torque throughout the range and I could feel it from zero all the way to redline.

I want to express my appreciation for Borla's professionalism and commend on their creation of a fantastic exhaust system that complete suits my taste of how a German sports car should sound.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Did you do the cans and the headers or just the cans?

Old 04-04-2010, 01:58 PM
ZoSo_DXB is infamous around these parts
More details on the exhaust setup please
any pics?

Old 04-04-2010, 03:43 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
sound clips please

Old 04-04-2010, 03:45 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
No headers, but I did already have the Sharkwerk's center muffler installed prior to this, so my current experience is the Borla with center muffler bypass.

No pics yet, but I was told that they will email me pics of the exhaust soon. No time to do video yet, but hopefully soon.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:57 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sizquik
sound clips please
+1.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:03 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
s-o-u-n-d-c-l-i-p p-l-z

Old 04-04-2010, 05:42 PM
R911 is infamous around these parts
need some sound clips

Old 04-04-2010, 11:54 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Borla Group buy?

Old 04-05-2010, 03:41 AM
20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future
can't wait to hear it Terrence! I've been very pleased in the past with non pcars and Borla.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:45 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
i never really associated borla with porsche before..i think mustang etc..

Old 04-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor
Kriggans is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by terrence
It was a fun experience. Chris Higgins and David Borla were both gentlemen and a pleasure to deal with. The project took a bit longer than we thought, but they were very responsive to my needs and communicated with me on a regular basis.

Now the actual verdict on the exhaust:

Its better than I had ever dreamed of. I have had many 911's, from 993's to 996's to 996tt and GT3, to 997's to 997tt's to 997 GT3 and GT2. My all time favorite exhaust was the 997GT3RS with the vacuum hose unplugged. It was a fantastic sound, aggressive yet sounded very well "engineered". Unlike the other after market exhausts, it had a very tight pulse and very uniform sound, with no gurgle and pop which I do not like. I asked a few people in the industry how I could possibly get that sound, but they all told me that it would not be possible. So when I agreed to this project, I was just hoping for a nicer slightly throatier and deeper sound but not what I would most prefer. To my pleasant surprise, this Borla exhaust sounds very similar to the GT3RS I had but with a few less decibels. It is perfect for my taste. This is my daily driver, so I need to be able to comfortably use my phone and listen to my music when I am not "on it", and this fills the bill perfectly. The best way for me to describe this would be the difference going from a stock Mercedes to an AMG, or a BMW to an M, or a regular Porsche to a GT model. It does not sound aftermarket at all. It sounds more like a factory interpretation of how a sportier model should sound. There is absolutely no drone, just a lower and slightly louder sound throughout the rev range, with very close pulses to create a very uniform sound. The side benefit is actually increased power and torque throughout the range and I could feel it from zero all the way to redline.

I want to express my appreciation for Borla's professionalism and commend on their creation of a fantastic exhaust system that complete suits my taste of how a German sports car should sound.
Terrence,
Thanks again for being so flexible with our timetable & letting us use your car for our R&D. We'd like to think we nailed the exhaust note and am glad to see you enjoying it as well! Happy motoring & stay in touch.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:30 AM
topspd is infamous around these parts
Does this mean Borla's release of a 997.2 exhaust is imminent?

Old 04-05-2010, 10:39 AM
cj350 is infamous around these parts
Sound clips plz

Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kriggans
Terrence,
Thanks again for being so flexible with our timetable & letting us use your car for our R&D...
Can we expect this new system to hit the market by summer? Will it include exhaust tips or have the option to use the stock tips?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my car back from Borla!