997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PORSCHE SSK installed - have just ONE question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 03:53 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
PORSCHE SSK installed - have just ONE question

Why wasn't this a standard equipment on all 911 ???

You cannot pay me enough $ to go back to the 'stock' shifter.

The throw is short & sweet.

The shifting feels tight & precise.

Its perfect !

If u have a 6-speed Carrera, DO NOT hesitate to get the OEM SSK (cant speak for other SSK).. You will NOT regret it.

Its the best mod i've done on my Pcar so far.. by far.

FYI:
The Porsche SSK was purchased thru RennsportOne, a vendor here.

a quick note - there was a problem with the original delivery (via FedEx) and when Justin @ Rennsport found out the SSK was not gonna be delivered in time for the install, he sent another SSK overnight !!

Now that is customer service at its best ! Needless to say, he earned a customer for life. I m gonna also start to call him Just-In @ Rennsport1.. as in just-in-time !

http://www.rennsport-one.com/

The professional installation was handled by RSS Stuttgart Performance, also a vendor here (costa mesa, CA). They have 4 impressive buildings to assist with all ur Porsche needs.. from ur high-performance upgrades to basic maintenance services.

Although i don't want to discuss prices here, they have the best install prices I found.. especially for 6speedonline members ! PM Bryan. He will take care of u !

They also installed a Cargraphics exhaust, RSS IDP Plenum, RSS spacers, BMC filter, clear sidemarker bulbs for me at the same time.

http://rss.rpmware.com/

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 04-05-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:06 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Love mine also but not everyone is in love with it.

You will find that the cold 2nd to 1st shift will be even trickier and more pronounced now. However, I rarely have that issue in SoCal.

Jason

Old 04-06-2010, 10:46 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
i've always DCed when i downshift into 1st.. never had problems even with this SSK, cold or not.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:49 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
it will loosen up after a few hundred miles

Old 04-06-2010, 06:13 PM
jlipana has a spectacular aura aboutjlipana has a spectacular aura about
+ 1 for RSS. They installed my OEM SSK today. Couldn't be happier. Such a simple mod gives a drastically different feel IMO.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 PM
fun911 is infamous around these parts
Is it Porsche OEM or their own SSK. Their website shows it as an Evolution Motorsports SSK? Also don't see the same part for the 997.2 C2S?

Old 04-06-2010, 11:05 PM
jlipana has a spectacular aura aboutjlipana has a spectacular aura about
I bought the porsche OEM SSK from suncoast and RSS installed it for me. B+M also makes a kit which I've heard about from others here.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:10 PM
SinisterSC is infamous around these parts
Damn, looks like I started a trend with RSS and their SSK installs. Glad to hear that you guys are as happy as I am.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:48 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Why wasn't this a standard equipment on all 911 ???
agree . It's on my Turbo and think its great.
You got a nice setup on your car .
It's been very amusing to read your posts from when you were looking a good price on a car to going all out now that you have the car.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by fun911
Is it Porsche OEM or their own SSK. Their website shows it as an Evolution Motorsports SSK? Also don't see the same part for the 997.2 C2S?
just PM JustIn @ Rennsport1

or call him @ p.888.614.8889

or email him at justin@rennsport-one.com

Old 04-07-2010, 11:16 AM
SGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the rough
can't wait to have my SSK installed by RSS on Friday! See what this HYPE is all about...

Last edited by SGNTR35; 04-07-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
agree . It's on my Turbo and think its great.
You got a nice setup on your car .
It's been very amusing to read your posts from when you were looking a good price on a car to going all out now that you have the car.
thank u !

u've helped me out from the beginning and i really appreciate it !

BTW i 've also installed Rennline pedals without the rubber plugs.. looks real sharp !

i know i've been saying this for weeks now, but i'll be sure to post some pics real soon.

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 04-07-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by attic2zoo
can't wait to have my SSK installed by RSS on Friday! See what this HYPE is all about...
no hype.

if u enjoy shifting gears on ur own, u will love it !

Old 04-07-2010, 09:49 PM
EJ-997 is infamous around these parts
I like my SSK and I used to have trouble shifting from 2nd to 1st. Not sure if the shifting got smoother from use or if it is just me knowing how to get it into 1st.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:31 AM
DW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the rough
I have the B&M shifter. No problem 2nd to 1st for me. Problem is usually N to 1st at a stop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PORSCHE SSK installed - have just ONE question