997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

how come many 911 seats are not specced with Alcantara?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 10:27 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Verde
At home, my dining room chairs and living room furniture are also covered with the stuff.
Are you sure its not microfiber? At the price of what Alcantara is, I would think a couch (of which I cannot find a single one for sale with a price) would be easily 5k or more. I am sure there are lots of people on here who have that kind of money but if you are worried about the cost for your car something tells me you would also be in your home.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by yrralis1
+1 . It's hard to clean, absorbs just about anything from dirt on ones clothes to sweat. It even feels dirty. Now it's true that one can't slide in his seat and the steering wheel grip may be more secure but no peach fuzz for me .

But it's a personal taste thing . The guys who like it can't imagine the car without it plus on a hot day it is cooler so it does have some benefits . I just don't like it for me. It skeeves me out.
+100...I always felt like it was "not clean"..main thing though it looks like hell after a few years.

Dave

Old 04-09-2010, 02:13 PM
winkingchef is a glorious beacon of lightwinkingchef is a glorious beacon of lightwinkingchef is a glorious beacon of lightwinkingchef is a glorious beacon of lightwinkingchef is a glorious beacon of light
I've said it before, but a picture is worth 1000 words:

Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
The living and dining room pieces are most assuredly alcantara and the pieces were pricey. And though I always worry about the price of things I'm willing to pay based on (perceived) value. That's why I'm happy to purchase many pre-owned parts (e.g. headers, mufflers and wheels) for my car.
BTW, if you want to find a place that will fulfill your alcantara-covered furniture needs, Limn in S.F. is the place to shop. Not at all inexpensive, but incredible designs.

Originally Posted by gloves
Are you sure its not microfiber? At the price of what Alcantara is, I would think a couch (of which I cannot find a single one for sale with a price) would be easily 5k or more. I am sure there are lots of people on here who have that kind of money but if you are worried about the cost for your car something tells me you would also be in your home.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:42 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
The only problem with the Alcantara that I've run into so far is driving my coupe at 70 mph with the windows open... I swear the head liner will beat itself to death if I don't close the windows..

Old 12-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
Why would one pay extra to downgrade from leather to cloth?

Old 12-01-2011, 07:43 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Cool

Originally Posted by jakesdad
The only problem with the Alcantara that I've run into so far is driving my coupe at 70 mph with the windows open... I swear the head liner will beat itself to death if I don't close the windows..

Same here with my headliner in my Turbo.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fahrer
Why would one pay extra to downgrade from leather to cloth?
Why did people brought pet rocks? Because it's cool at the time.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:08 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
I can't stand the stuff. Give me leather.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:39 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by casaforte9
how come many 911 seats are not specced with Alcantara?
I thought alcantara would be preferred since it is more grippier than leather and comfy but I don't see many cars with it, any reason?

also, can a 2010 911 order be placed now to get it by july or is it 2011 and if so any price increase?

Thanks
there is nothing better than natural leather, imho. especially for steering wheel, it got to have same uniform leather all around so it would slide the same way.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by hroussard

Same here with my headliner in my Turbo.
I have the same issue!

Old 12-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Waxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of light
I like Alacantra but it's too grippy for every day. That's why I ordered my GTS with red leather.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Alacantra is a man made cloth product emulating seude. So if you like a seude interior go for it. I perfer leather.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:01 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
Alacantra is a man made cloth product emulating seude. So if you like a seude interior go for it. I perfer leather.
from mostly recycled materials no less, so it's good for the granola-crunchers of Seattle.

I wouldn't mind if my car came with it, but would not actively order it if I were to order one. Leather all the way

Old 12-02-2011, 06:30 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Absolutely hate it! Leather for me!

Tom

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how come many 911 seats are not specced with Alcantara?