997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

deviating carpets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 12:27 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Verde
That car had so many special order options and porsche charges a lot for each .

I asked the same question at the time and the story I got was that the guy who ordered the car originally thought it was going to be the very last 928 ever made . He wanted to commemorate the car .
After he ordered it he found out that Porsche had made one more in Germany . The guy was so upset he backed out of the deal because his car wasn't the last.

The car ended up at a dealership where it sat for a long time. According to the story on link a guy did buy it for his mother and I believe that may be true because I did see the car about 5 years later on the road with a middle aged guy and an older woman . The car really stands out .

Old 04-14-2010, 07:35 AM
jo2e6y is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
I have black interior with red stitching and seat belts. I have Porsche OEM mats that are black with red piping and I called a dealership to find out if they made red mats with black piping. They don't have OEM mats that are red with black piping, so you would have to find aftermarket or just get regular red mats.
ooo. black matts with red piping or white/silver to match my carrera white will be a nice touch i think. thanks for the idea.

Originally Posted by yrralis1
It was like a lime green and the interior looked almost purple . Everything on the car was special ordered . It was over 10 years ago that i saw the car but it left a lasting impression . It also answers yoir question though .. that Porsche will make an off beat color . In fact I also saw another car in Miami in the 90's. It was an amethyst 993 turbo (soft shade of purple and maroon appearance).
ooo.... i read there's a amethyst color for the panamera's exterior now

Old 05-05-2010, 05:48 AM
ecride is infamous around these parts
Hi jo2e6y, couple of pics of my car's interior with deviating red carpets in a black interior (with red seats)...

Attached Images     
Old 05-05-2010, 06:03 AM
jo2e6y is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ecride
Hi jo2e6y, couple of pics of my car's interior with deviating red carpets in a black interior (with red seats)...

thanks for those pictures,
your car looks great! i love those red seats too.
I see you got the paddle shifts, how are those?

Old 05-05-2010, 07:29 AM
ecride is infamous around these parts
The paddle shift steering wheel is great... only dislike is that the "spokes" of the steering wheel are actually made of plastic... I suppose at least the paddles are metal. Also, I had the thicker steering wheel option on my previous car (cayman) and the "thickness" of that steering wheel was just right... the new steering wheel is just slightly thinner, and therefore, slightly too thin...

Old 10-17-2012, 02:53 PM
sameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to behold
OK, So i am doing only Red Floor mats with my black interior. I haven't seen that anywhere so far.
I ll post pictures once that happens almost two years after this thread died.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
The steering wheel with red stitching would be great to go along with your red stitching interior. Don't think you can get from Porsche that way (or I would have it instead of the same one you have). Looks very nice, elegant and classic the way a Porsche should look.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:41 PM
sameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to behold

Not the best pictures, but thoughts?

Old 10-24-2012, 06:12 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
seats with black stitching, hmmm,

Old 10-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sameerg

Not the best pictures, but thoughts?
Looks good. Maybe better with better pics. I like the idea as I have a black/red theme going. And - floor mats are cheap, particularly when they're on sale at Suncoast. Hold on - they don't have Red on sale, just Terracotta. I assume you have red? The Carrera Red ones are full price.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Yessir, I bought Full Price Carrera Reds - And i even got the four piece set. - It is worth every penny. I would hate to see it on sale for 59.99 next month though

Last edited by sameerg; 10-25-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:57 AM
I know this is a deviated carpets thread, but also got this little accent

The trim for the headlight swicth is on the way.