997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

deviating carpets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 02:57 AM
jo2e6y is infamous around these parts
Question deviating carpets

I know some people add black carpet to carrera red/terracotta interiors.
I was wondering if anyone added red carpets to black interior?

I want to add some color to my black interior. (carrera white exterior)
Already have red seat belts and with rear center console and some bits painted white to match exterior. By adding red carpet to black interior, is this too much?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Old 04-13-2010, 04:31 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Are you sure you want this?
To answer your question -- almost any color can be ordered . I saw a green Porsche 928 with violet blue (looked almost purple) , and yellow and all sorts of off beat options specs -- in the 1990's. It was at the dealership when i bought my 993 . It actually looked very good for a 170K Porsche 928 . I figured a picture of it had to be somewhere and I found this. Pretty cool.
http://www.928registry.org/1995-928GTS-Pearlglanz.htm

Last edited by yrralis1; 04-13-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:13 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
To answer your question -- almost any color can be ordered . I saw a green Porsche 928 with violet blue (looked almost purple) , and yellow and all sorts of off beat options specs -- in the 1990's. It was at the dealership when i bought my 993 . It actually looked very good for a 170K Porsche 928 . I figured a picture of it had to be somewhere and I found this. Pretty cool.

Yea there are some odd color combinations out there.
The link you sent me, i think that is done quite tasteful, very soft.

I don't really like the red and black theme, however i do want to spice up the interior...i done the painted pieces, just now wanting a bit more.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:14 AM
wait...i thought that green was gold or yellow, not green....

Old 04-13-2010, 06:29 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jo2e6y

Already have red seat belts and with rear center console and some bits painted white to match exterior. By adding red carpet to black interior, is this too much?

Thanks

A slight difference could be black with PORSCHE in red. (Had that on my 04'996 which was CWhite exterior, black interior, white sport back seats and RED belts). That little bit of red was a nice touch.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:37 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
I think there is a Porsche mat, black, with guards red trim around the edge that may fit your desire of bringing a little more color in. The following site may give you some ideas:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...mats_start.htm

Old 04-13-2010, 08:06 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Yep...... thats the set I had on mine. (May even get them for my 09'). Just a smidge of red to offset all the black.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:23 AM
erenyes is infamous around these parts
In my Cayman S with black interior i added red porsche floormats, perfect.
In my Carrerea S sand beige interior i added Black Porsche floormats, again perfect.
in the Carrera will also be doing the console in the color of the cart which is midnight blue, and some other odds and ends. But def. try some red floormats in your car

Old 04-13-2010, 09:00 AM
jtsmith18 is infamous around these parts
I have a black interior on a Targa 4S and wanted a subtle touch of color also. I ordered and received about a month agao new black mats with red lettering and red surround from emmonscoachworks.com (they advertise in Panorama). They look great.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
I have the full Carrrera Red leather interior on my car with deviating carpets. I love the way it breaks up the interior color scheme.

I don't intend to offend anyone but another reason for my decision to do the deviating carpet was that I personally don't like the OEM Porsche red carpeting. It's a slightly different red than the leather and plastic that Porsche uses and a little too pink to my eye. But to each their own.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:20 AM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by yrralis1
170k!!! omfg... why!?

Old 04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
I think there is a Porsche mat, black, with guards red trim around the edge that may fit your desire of bringing a little more color in. The following site may give you some ideas:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...mats_start.htm
Thats a good idea! Thanks

Originally Posted by erenyes
In my Cayman S with black interior i added red porsche floormats, perfect.
In my Carrerea S sand beige interior i added Black Porsche floormats, again perfect.
in the Carrera will also be doing the console in the color of the cart which is midnight blue, and some other odds and ends. But def. try some red floormats in your car
OOO do you have pictures??

Originally Posted by jtsmith18
I have a black interior on a Targa 4S and wanted a subtle touch of color also. I ordered and received about a month agao new black mats with red lettering and red surround from emmonscoachworks.com (they advertise in Panorama). They look great.

yeah that a good idea, i was thinkin about this too, thanks

Old 04-13-2010, 10:21 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of

Thanks
I have black interior with red stitching and seat belts. I have Porsche OEM mats that are black with red piping and I called a dealership to find out if they made red mats with black piping. They don't have OEM mats that are red with black piping, so you would have to find aftermarket or just get regular red mats.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 04-13-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:36 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
wait...i thought that green was gold or yellow, not green....
It was like a lime green and the interior looked almost purple . Everything on the car was special ordered . It was over 10 years ago that i saw the car but it left a lasting impression . It also answers yoir question though .. that Porsche will make an off beat color . In fact I also saw another car in Miami in the 90's. It was an amethyst 993 turbo (soft shade of purple and maroon appearance).

Old 04-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Very shagadellic baby... (http://www.reelwavs.com/movies/austi...shagadelic.wav)

Originally Posted by wa1l1in
170k!!! omfg... why!?

Last edited by Verde; 04-13-2010 at 11:38 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: deviating carpets