997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Got a speeding ticket tonight.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 01:26 AM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
Got a speeding ticket tonight.

So far I have managed to stay ticket free in my porsche and lambo and tonight I'm driving a rental Kia Forte while I'm in Vail Colorado bam I get nailed for doing double the speed limit.

The cop asked why I was speeding, and I said I was not used to the cars power . This was true its power is very different than what I'm used to. Its like driving a hampster.

So what did I learn.

Tickets in vail are cheap. 50 in a 25 is only 125 bucks would have been triple in florida

Kia's don't fly under the radar like I would have thought.

Vail police are very polite but they are not giving warnings

Moral of the story, I should have stayed in and played on 6speed, instead I took out the deceptivily fast kia out and collected 6 points

Old 04-14-2010, 01:34 AM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear about that...

..same kinda thing happened to me recently...got nailed in a speed trap driving a rental Jeep Compass of all things...during a business trip...paid a bit more than that...

Old 04-14-2010, 06:50 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
None of the police in Colorado give warnings. It's a very low crime rate state and the biggest money maker for every police department is tickets.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:03 AM
raspritz is infamous around these partsraspritz is infamous around these parts
However, the good news is that you didn't receive any points because Colorado does not have reciprocity with any other state. This is the wild west.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:18 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
tourbillion....hey neightbor...I am in the Tampa area too. I drive a 09 Carrera S and a Cayenne S and never have trouble. However I travel a lot and am in rentals and that is where I get all my tickets. Last one I got was in December last year in Memphis TN. I got nailed in a speed trap on a 4 lane highway that goes down to 35mph...yep 35 and I was doing 51. I was in a rental Dodge Journey! Get this...ticket cost was $25! LOL

Old 04-14-2010, 08:30 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
This is why I bring my radar detector with me when I travel...

Old 04-14-2010, 08:35 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear that. As stated, good thing points there don't transfer. It's the thousands of dollars in insurance rate hikes that are the killer.

On a related note, my 9500ix is for sale....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rt-9500ix.html

Old 04-14-2010, 08:38 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
why selling the radar? want a different one or just dont like radars?

Old 04-14-2010, 08:43 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ I LOVE detectors. The 9500ix is a great piece, especially given the GPS functionality to reduce false alerts, alert to traffic cameras, etc. I'm doing a custom, integrated harness that attaches to the self dim mirror which only fits the V1. So I'm giving up functionality for a little more stealth. I had the 9500ci on my C63 and that was a truly amazing device. I'd do it for my 997, but we don't have laser in PA and I don't travel by car much outside the state.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:14 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
So far I have managed to stay ticket free in my porsche and lambo and tonight I'm driving a rental Kia Forte while I'm in Vail Colorado bam I get nailed for doing double the speed limit.

The cop asked why I was speeding, and I said I was not used to the cars power . This was true its power is very different than what I'm used to. Its like driving a hampster.

So what did I learn.

Tickets in vail are cheap. 50 in a 25 is only 125 bucks would have been triple in florida

Kia's don't fly under the radar like I would have thought.

Vail police are very polite but they are not giving warnings

Moral of the story, I should have stayed in and played on 6speed, instead I took out the deceptivily fast kia out and collected 6 points
until you are in that state check with local rules if you can pay more and convert ticket into parking violation so you would not get any points on your insurance - that is where money will hit you, not on a ticket fine... it usually doubles fine price but still is cheaper than increased insurance premiums.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:24 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
The parking fine is interesting

I would be happy to pay twice as much to not have a speeding ticket.

Are you guys sure Colorado does not report, I asked the officer and he said they did.

Who knows. I guess I should have paid more attention to the limit

Old 04-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Or, just don't do something so boneheaded as drive 50 in a 25mph zone. WTF?

Old 04-14-2010, 02:28 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
Think you might have been culled out of the herd because you were driving a rental (speed notwithstanding)? Vacation/tourist areas seem to have more than their fair share of "selective" traffic enforcement stops. Don't want to upset the locals because they pay the salaries. It's better to swoop in and tag a visitor. I lived in Key West, Florida for a number of years, and U.S. 1 from there to the Florida mainland was like a free-fire zone. Out-of-state visitors made big contributions ($$$) to the local coffers.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:34 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PTParks
Think you might have been culled out of the herd because you were driving a rental (speed notwithstanding)? Vacation/tourist areas seem to have more than their fair share of "selective" traffic enforcement stops. Don't want to upset the locals because they pay the salaries. It's better to swoop in and tag a visitor. I lived in Key West, Florida for a number of years, and U.S. 1 from there to the Florida mainland was like a free-fire zone. Out-of-state visitors made big contributions ($$$) to the local coffers.
cops pull over anyone doing double the speed limit.. rental or lambo.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:20 PM
I agree, I had just gotten off the highway

Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
cops pull over anyone doing double the speed limit.. rental or lambo.
where speed limit was 70, so 50 felt pretty slow. It was 12;30 at night so I'm sure he was actually looking for DUI's. By no means am I asking for anyone to feel sorry for me. I think as I said in an earlier post my best bet would have been to adhere to the speed limit. I just thought it was rather amusing that I got a ticket in a Kia.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got a speeding ticket tonight.