997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I'm completely in love with PDK BUT........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:18 AM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by P997S
Sometimes I wish I could drive a 6 speed just for the day. I do NOT want to give up my PDK, it's an amazing price of technology and a ton of fun to drive in it's own right. I prefer PDK but I would have fun ripping thru the gears (around redline) once in a while.

Just sharing. Please do not start a 6spd vs pdk feud.

I feel exactly the same thing you do, I love PDK, but sometimes I miss the 6 speed alot, fortunately my partner has a 2007 4S cab 6 speed exacltly like mine (Black/sand Beige) and I will pick up his car few days from now (after leaving Hong Kong as soon as the ashes dessapear ) and make a ride together with him, we will switch cars .

Old 04-19-2010, 10:06 AM
afridi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
The problem is that since now both are available I would miss either if I only had one. When I didn't drive my PDK car for a week in favor of driving the Turbo I missed it. I somewhat take turns until both need to be washed so the clean car sits while the other is driven.

Best post of teh thread!

Old 04-19-2010, 12:07 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
Hey Rob, I'm right there with you

I miss driving stick about once a month, as all my cars are either automated manuals, or out right auto's. I love my PDK and would not for one second get rid of it for a 6 speed, but if you grew up shifting its hard not to miss it a little bit. I think it really depends on what the cars primary use is. If you use it as a weekend car, then stick might be more fun, but if its a DD and traffic is involved than PDK is so much more convenient. As its been stated before its just a preference thing and its nice the Porsche is still giving the option.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:28 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by P997S
Remorse thread?? Can you not read???
I would choose pdk over 6 speed 29 days of the month and a 6 speed for only 1 day. No remorse. Love pdk. How did you get remorse out of the original post? Unbelievable. I am sorry I started this
I am glad you started it and glad to see that at least a few are open-minded enough to imagine enjoying steak one night and lobster the next - or yrralis1 - who's got the surf and turf on tap!

I'm just as astonished with either polar response - if you don't think a 6spd is fun, I don't get it - and for those who don't see the enjoyment with PDK (well I can get that since it is hard to know if you have not owned one), don't knock it until you have actually lived it for a while.

If I had the space, and I could cut my financial ties with reality, I'd own one of each as well.

But limited to one 911, PDK would still be my choice though - I have been with automated clutch for 4 years now and the charm has not worn off yet.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:47 PM
T33
T33 is infamous around these parts
From what I can see, the ones who have PDK are happy with their choice. And the ones with 6MT are happy with theirs. I think it's a matter of preference. Nothing is perfect. There are pros and cons with each one. I have a 6MT and I like it. But if I can make my car be a PDK once in a while, I would love it, too. If only Porsche would make a PDK with a clutch and a shifter, then this debate would be over.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:55 PM
jon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of light
I'm completely in love with PDK BUT........

makes no sense to me.

How one can be "completely" in love... with "but" ?

Just translate into:

"i'm completely in love with Carla BUT..... i would like to try Jenny just for 1 day..."

P.S. Jenny is very charming, i agree

Old 04-19-2010, 11:32 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
I think its easy to be in love with a but

I love red heads but I'm not kicking a hot blonde out of bed. I love Porsches but if you give me the keys to a ferrari I'll drive it, and I love my PDK but I'll still row some gears given the option occasionally

Old 04-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
If they only made the PDK for the split case motor on a GT3RS.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:06 AM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
i pray 1 day there will be a way to have both in the same car

Old 04-20-2010, 04:46 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
Its so nice to be a member to a site where almost everybody feels the same way. Its like a safe haven for the car crazy people that we are. I too agree PDK and 6 speed are both great. Different animals. Having driven almost every type of car and tranny...I would say that the PDK is hands down the best double clutch on the market and in Sport Plus auto mode it is so incredible that I can't even believe it. The way that it downshifts to the LOWEST possible gear under braking and rev matches at the same time...it is imperceptible how fast it can do this. I have scared many of my friends driving in sport plus mode in small closed off parking lots. So much fun. But I agree, 6 speed will always have its place in the world. Both are so much fun in their own right.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:12 AM
type997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant futuretype997 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sammyrusso
Now that would be cool

Old 04-20-2010, 07:01 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
If they only made the PDK for the split case motor on a GT3RS.
Absolutly!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:50 AM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
it's a 50/50 split (aprox) on the trans at point of purchase... I wonder if the ratio would change if the 4K $ was not a consideration...that is that the auto and manual were the same price??????

Old 04-20-2010, 11:06 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jakesdad
it's a 50/50 split (aprox) on the trans at point of purchase... I wonder if the ratio would change if the 4K $ was not a consideration...that is that the auto and manual were the same price??????
Actually $5k w/ SC. I asked that same question some time ago and was dismissed. The question is however pertinent. And my view is that that charge is a factor in limiting PDK sales.

Last edited by adias; 04-20-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:17 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sammyrusso

A 3-way; Jenny and Carla - red and blond. Great idea! I bet you really pay extra for that option.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm completely in love with PDK BUT........