997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Supple leather replacement?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:50 AM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
Supple leather replacement?

I've done some searches regarding supple leather, and it's about 75/25 with 75% of the people disliking it. I, myself, am not a big fan of the supple leather.

Has anybody w. supple leather thought about replacing the seats? If so, how much do you think it would cost? I'd be willing to consider a cheaper option of replacing just the front seats with maybe some sport adaptives (if i can find them on ebay or somethin).

Thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:06 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by akim47
I've done some searches regarding supple leather, and it's about 75/25 with 75% of the people disliking it. I, myself, am not a big fan of the supple leather.

Has anybody w. supple leather thought about replacing the seats? If so, how much do you think it would cost? I'd be willing to consider a cheaper option of replacing just the front seats with maybe some sport adaptives (if i can find them on ebay or somethin).

Thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
I'm unsure about the cost, but you have two options I guess. Reupholster the seats you have or buy new seats. I would take out the seats and save them for when you trade the car in or sell it. I would look into replacements, which I'm sure can vary a ton in price. You can by racing seats to reduce weight in the car if you like.