997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

my opinion of prime porsche in westwood changes to negative

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 04:38 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
my opinion of prime porsche in westwood changes to negative

Well, I had problem with clutch as it kept making light screeching whistling noises when hot and I was told it was a release bearing.
So I came last week to dealer, they looked at car, told me to leave it on Tuesday morning, yesterday no one looked at her, today I got message that mechanic who originally looked at car was too busy to get into it, other mechanic 'could not replicate' issue and suggests it is 'normal wear' - difficult to say what he thinks is normal if issue is 'not replicapable' and tomorrow they have a 'guest' whom they want to 'look at it' - field technical manager, so, it seems to me i was taken for a fool.

well, what to do, will take car back tomorrow and will get it done by private mechanic if issue will escalate beyond my level of tolerance. this pretty much exhausts list of any usable Porsche dealerships in MA area.
2 previous warranty issues were performed OK there but this one frankly pissed me off - I would understand deny of coverage right away but they simply did not do anything and apparently did not even look at my car that is sitting there for 2 days now. it is just frustrating.

venting mode is over.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:46 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Is this a slight squealing noise when slipping the clutch such as when you pull away? If so this is the same issue I had, it just went away after a few months. Dealer could never replicate.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:50 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DaveHutchinson
Is this a slight squealing noise when slipping the clutch such as when you pull away? If so this is the same issue I had, it just went away after a few months. Dealer could never replicate.
i just hate noises and it was very persistent every time clutch gets hot - like after start/stop bad traffic for 30 min or so.
mechanic also told me he sensed vibration he thinks it should not have, but issue is not in that - issue is as simple as car is sitting on parking lot and no one gives a damn - as on first day I was told they forgot to order clutch kit to work on it, today mechanic is busy, next day they wait for 'guest' - it is total BS.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:56 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
No no, I understand your plight. I'm just curious if your issue with the clutch is the same one I had.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Luzy_V8 is infamous around these parts
Regarding the clutch, maybe this helps:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...u-porsche.html

Old 04-21-2010, 06:23 PM
florindi is infamous around these parts
I have had nothing but bad luck from Westwood. I purchased my 05 997S from them and they f'up my car several times. They dented the rocker panel by not placing it on the lift correctly and tried to hide it, scratched 4 wheels, twice!, took apart my interior to fix a problem and broke all the clips and the panels were loose. They replaced the panel. I probably have more stories to tell. Anyway, I have been going to IRA and I have been happy for the last 3 years. I now have an 09 that I bought it new there last year.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:28 PM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
I have found that with any dealership, I must go out with the mechanic or service rep to make sure they hear the problem and confirm it. Just leaving it with an explanation is counter productive, unless it is obvious.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:06 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
The length of time seems to be normal for a P-car dealer. They dont do anything quickly, especially if you didnt buy the car from them. You say you have exhausted all the other dealerships...what was wrong with them?

Old 04-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by gloves
The length of time seems to be normal for a P-car dealer. They dont do anything quickly, especially if you didnt buy the car from them. You say you have exhausted all the other dealerships...what was wrong with them?
not all, actually, chambers at burlington screwed me up big time when they pretended they never heard of a scheduled appointment and overall attitude from service manager they have was plain horrible, chambers in boston falls not too far behind them, but i never tried IRA porsche. may be I should try it.

I am picking up car back today as it did sit there for 3 days with nothing done and they do not expect anything to get done today and tomorrow, and clutch kit is still not there - but again, i was pressing on warranty coverage for labor and i was told by mechanic after initial assesment it should be covered and 'no big deal' - but service manager now says it`s 'more complicated' and he needs to investigate more otherwise i will be left with all labor charges. to be objective in my previous interactions with westwood i did not have any issues but now, well, may be I will try to establish normal relationships with IRA porsche.