997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Stumbled on a nice looking audio install - OEM Head Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:21 AM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Stumbled on a nice looking audio install - OEM Head Unit

Thought this might be interesting: I was searching around for 997 audio options and found almost exactly what I'm looking for. I don't know who these installers are (they are in MA and I'm in CO) but they posted a nice set of pictures on their site.

Looks like they used a JL Cleansweep to take the audio directly from the stock PCM unit, then they added a big amp and some upgraded speakers. Fairly straightforward, although I'd love to find a solution that doesn't require the amp to take up trunk space.

997 Audio Install Example

Old 04-22-2010, 09:05 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Awesome find dude! This place is right around the corner from me. If they have done one P-car they can do another. I have heard such bad things about the Nav and Bose setup that I am really thinking about ditching it as soon as the funds are available.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:32 AM
kailuaboy has a spectacular aura aboutkailuaboy has a spectacular aura about
thats a pretty clean install with some nice custom work for the laser shifter up front.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:57 AM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gloves
Awesome find dude! This place is right around the corner from me. If they have done one P-car they can do another. I have heard such bad things about the Nav and Bose setup that I am really thinking about ditching it as soon as the funds are available.
I'd love to hear how it goes if you do it. Please keep us posted.

I've had my car for about a month now. I should post a long msg about my first impressions, but basically I continue to be thrilled with the entire experience of owning this machine... Except every time I turn on the stereo, I'm thoroughly disappointed! I have the non-bose system with Nav. I actually don't mind the quirky Nav and audio controls, but the sound quality is ridiculous for a car that originally cost $90K. All I want is better sound with minimal changes to the stock fit and finish. A reasonable amp, cleansweep, and speakers should do it.

Good luck!

Old 04-22-2010, 10:37 AM
mact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of light
I think the shifter detectors would be better mounted abit more laterally...they seem too close to each other...otherwise a very nice install...strange to see a audio installer take apart the car to that degree.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:24 PM
jastx is infamous around these parts
Wow, those guys really dug into the car! Can't believe they removed the entire dash. That level of invasiveness would make me very nervous...don't know if I could go for it. However, it appears they know what they're doing. References from some satisfied customers could ease the paranoia.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:24 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jastx
Wow, those guys really dug into the car! Can't believe they removed the entire dash. That level of invasiveness would make me very nervous...don't know if I could go for it. However, it appears they know what they're doing. References from some satisfied customers could ease the paranoia.
I agree. I'd be curious what the labor cost was. It was smart to do the laser shifters at the same time while everything was apart. Thanks for sharing all the good photos.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:55 PM
maxzboy is infamous around these parts
nice setup

Awesome setup! Im curious on how much it would cost to do such a transformation. I was reading a post: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...se-system.html

that address the issues on the Bose system. This seems like a solution, but seems like it's not a DIY project for novices.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm curious about price as well - probably more than I want to spend