997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally found my new Gen-II 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
Finally found my new Gen-II 997S

After a couple of months search, I 've finally found the replacement for my much-loved MY 2005 997S. I placed the order today for an (almost) new Gen-II 997S and pick up the car at the end of next week. My local OPC has done what I think is a really good deal - the car has only done 825 miles from new, but I've effectively bought her for several £000s under list! Not bad when you take into account the normal resolute reluctance of UK dealers to discount! Anyway, I'm really pleased with the deal I've been able to negotiate.

The car's in Arctic Silver with black full leather (just like my current car, so I'll feel right at home) with Carrera Sport wheels and lots of other goodies (see below). For the first time ever, I'm not having a stick-shift as I've decided to give the new technology a try. I enjoyed test driving the PDK; I just hope the novelty doesn't wear off and I end-up regretting not having a manual 'box.

Otherwise, can't wait - I think it's going to be a very long week.....

Spec:

Arctic Silver
Full Black Leather
Porsche Vehicle Tracking System
Carrera Sport Wheels
PDK
Sport Chrono Plus
BOSE Surround Sound
Extended Nav
Telephone Module
Universal Audio Interface
Heated Seats
Park Assist
Center Console in Leather
Gear Selector Gate Surround in Leather
Guards Red Seat Belts
Red Alternative Stitching on all Leather

The only thing missing is PSE - won't be long before that's sorted!!!

Dealer pics below:

Attached Images     

Last edited by Ian_UK1; 04-24-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:18 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Congrats on the Beautiful new toy... LOVE the interior stiching, enjoy in good health, great options too

Old 04-22-2010, 04:05 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Ian, it looks great, however the steering wheel is on the wrong side!

Old 04-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NorthVan
You know I thought something was wrong....just couldn't put my finger on it until now!

Is this any better....?

Attached Images  

Last edited by Ian_UK1; 04-22-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:16 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Ed: That is why he opted for the PDK. The gearshift is on the wrong side too. Nobody wants to manually shift gears with their left hand.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:19 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ian_UK1
After a couple of months search, I 've finally found the replacement for my much-loved MY 2005 997S. I placed the order today for an (almost) new Gen-II 997S and pick up the car at the end of next week.
Beautiful example, Ian. Oh wait, it looks just like mine. Can I still say that? Well, I have, so etiquette be damned. I must say that interior leather package is a lovely addition. Wish I had that on mine.

Give you great joy of your bargain, by the way.

Gary

Old 04-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by simsgw
Oh wait, it looks just like mine.......

Gary
Don't tell me yours has the steering wheel on the wrong side too.....?!

Old 04-22-2010, 04:31 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Very cool.. you'll like it and it's paramount that you got the sport chrono with the PDK... You have to get that option and that way you've got three characters I had a lot of fun with mine and I'm not just saying this but it felt like a complete generational leap/change vs just a 'refresh'. Here's ours:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-ca...rt-type-i.html

Old 04-22-2010, 04:43 PM
I will not start modding my new car
I will er, might not, start modding my new car
I will.....

OMG - here we go again.....!

Old 04-22-2010, 04:44 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I will er, might not, start modding my new car
I will.....

OMG - here we go again.....!
ROFL... honestly it needs a lot less in that department Mine was mildly modded The sound needs help... granted.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Looks superb with the Techart kit.

What sort of improvements are you getting from the remap?

Old 04-22-2010, 04:51 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
You know I thought something was wrong....just couldn't put my finger on it until now!

Is this any better....?
That is better.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Looks superb with the Techart kit.

What sort of improvements are you getting from the remap?
Thank you... ze Germans ended up using our car for their marketing/leaflets etc...

In terms of remapping it was a subtle change and took a good deal of work with only some reward

I outlined some of this in November of 08 in this article
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...re-tuning.html

Old 04-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Ed: That is why he opted for the PDK. The gearshift is on the wrong side too. Nobody wants to manually shift gears with their left hand.
It always feels different with the other hand.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:06 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
congrats !

love the contrast stitching...

i sort of like the steering wheel on the other side.. wish mine was like that

it's the driving on the wrong side of the street i dont get..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally found my new Gen-II 997S