997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I finally did it...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:41 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
I finally did it...

Hi everyone,

I am glad to report that I am a 911 owner again. Thanks to everyone that helped answer my numerous questions along the way.

After much shopping, lurking and looking around, I finally made up my mind and got this 2009 Carrera 2S Coupe.

I was looking at a PRG launch car with PDK for a while and, although I really liked PRG w/ Sand Beige, I just wasn't sure about PDK and the pale interior (with the kids, y'know). So I kept on waiting and waiting...

I was really lucky and, a couple of weeks ago, I finally found pretty much exactly what I was looking for in that C2S with the following options:

Non-Metallic Paint to Sample L8C6 (Pure Orange)
Black Sports Seats
Leather Sport Seats
Heated Front Seats
Bluetooth Phone Interface
Sporth Chrono Package plus
Navigation Module for PCM
Bose High End Sound Package
Universal Audio Interfaces
19" Carrera Sport Whells
Floor Mats in Interior Color
Door Finishers Painted in Exterior Color
Trim Strip Painted in Exterior Color
Wheels Painted Black
Rear Center Console Painted in Exterior Color
Stitching F/R Seats in Deviating Color

Here are a couple of small pics:

I went to Florida on Tuesday to eyeball it and get a PPI done at Suncoast. Everything was on the up/up as expected for a 671 mi old car (75 range 1, no range 2/3/4/5/6 Nmax and about 34 hrs run time). I already had a short shift kit and an airbag deactivation kit put in and am now looking at some other stuff to do...

I am now waiting for the transport company to bring it up to Canada for me. I'll report on the whole experience on the Canadian forum when everything is said and done. These are probably going to be some of the longest 3 weeks I have ever been through...

Thanks again.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:06 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Congrats! She is beautiful!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:08 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Awesome car!!! My local dealership had an orange Gt3 so I have seen the color up close and it looks incredible . In fact it is my favorite of the bright color choices.

I got ideas-- (well since its your car --they just my own ramblings)
I'm looking at it over and over .. this is the color that i woild put an OEM aerokit , black dials, seat backs painted orange.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:11 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Awesome car!!! My local dealership had an orange Gt3 so I have seen the color up close and it looks incredible . In fact it is my favorite of the bright color choices.

I got ideas-- (well since its your car --they just my own ramblings)
I'm looking at it over and over .. this is the color that i woild put an OEM aerokit , black dials, seat backs painted orange.

+1 on the black dials

Old 04-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Youyou is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tcouture
Hi everyone,

I am glad to report that I am a 911 owner again. Thanks to everyone that helped answer my numerous questions along the way.

After much shopping, lurking and looking around, I finally made up my mind and got this 2009 Carrera 2S Coupe.

I was looking at a PRG launch car with PDK for a while and, although I really liked PRG w/ Sand Beige, I just wasn't sure about PDK and the pale interior (with the kids, y'know). So I kept on waiting and waiting...

I was really lucky and, a couple of weeks ago, I finally found pretty much exactly what I was looking for in that C2S with the following options:

Non-Metallic Paint to Sample L8C6 (Pure Orange)
Black Sports Seats
Leather Sport Seats
Heated Front Seats
Bluetooth Phone Interface
Sporth Chrono Package plus
Navigation Module for PCM
Bose High End Sound Package
Universal Audio Interfaces
19" Carrera Sport Whells
Floor Mats in Interior Color
Door Finishers Painted in Exterior Color
Trim Strip Painted in Exterior Color
Wheels Painted Black
Rear Center Console Painted in Exterior Color
Stitching F/R Seats in Deviating Color

Here are a couple of small pics:

I went to Florida on Tuesday to eyeball it and get a PPI done at Suncoast. Everything was on the up/up as expected for a 671 mi old car (75 range 1, no range 2/3/4/5/6 Nmax and about 34 hrs run time). I already had a short shift kit and an airbag deactivation kit put in and am now looking at some other stuff to do...

I am now waiting for the transport company to bring it up to Canada for me. I'll report on the whole experience on the Canadian forum when everything is said and done. These are probably going to be some of the longest 3 weeks I have ever been through...

Thanks again.

Congrats!
She's beautiful!
I'll see you around town. You'll be pretty hard to miss with that colour

Old 04-22-2010, 09:46 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
amazing color... love the stitching and interior accents and i usually hate painted trim... i swear porsche must have like 6 diff steering wheel combo's for manual... i really love the pdk looking one without the buttons... this one you have almost looks like 997.1 steering wheel to me.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Wow, I'll bet pictures don't do that car justice. Nice car and a rare one at that. Enjoy!

ps. Sport wheels in black is cool, never seen that before.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:07 AM
tri
tri is infamous around these parts
love the orange stitching! nice car, enjoy in good health.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:24 AM
Jetpilot3 is infamous around these parts
Superb color!

Old 04-23-2010, 06:08 AM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
amazing interior. congrats

Old 04-23-2010, 06:13 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
I LOVE this car, I was wondering who grabbed it. Looks even better in person, congrats!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 04-23-2010, 07:11 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
that steering wheel looks very thick

Old 04-23-2010, 07:15 AM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Stunning, congrats! The steering wheel is indeed the 997.1 sports wheel but it's the padded version from the factory, a nice option

Old 04-23-2010, 08:28 AM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I got ideas-- (well since its your car --they just my own ramblings) I'm looking at it over and over .. this is the color that i woild put an OEM aerokit , black dials, seat backs painted orange.
I'm with you on the aerokit - it is just a lot of $$$ for plastic, I definifively would not have minded if the car came with it - but I am going to drive the car for a bit first, maybe the aerokit would be a good way to take care of the rock chips on the bumper in a few years?

I was also thinking about the seatbacks, orange would be hot, but with the kids kicking them, maybe not.

The current front runners in my book are:

- SharkWerks muffler bypass to add just a little more grunt to the exhaust note at high RPM
- "Carrera S" side decal set to add a little black to the side - I tought side decals looked tacky but I saw them on a red C2S with black wheels they have on the lot at Suncoast and they looked very good
- Maybe a small spoiler lip? (like this: http://gt3tek.com/products/gt3wing.htm)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:35 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Very nice! Was it a dealer spec'd car or did someone order it and not want it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I finally did it...