997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Leather Dash Product

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Frank A. is infamous around these parts
Leather Dash Product

Hi all. I am currently using Sonax leather foam for my leather interior. It works great on the seats, but I cannot prevent it from streaking when I use it on the dash. Any other product you could suggest for my leather dash? The car is a 2008 and the leather is in great condition. Thanks!

Regards,
Frank A.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:56 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I use Lexol leather conditioner and it seems to work well.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
are you looking to feed or protect the leather?

If you are looking to protect I really like 303 Aerospace protectant. That has to be one of the most amazing products that I have found. Will seal just about any surface in a car and leaves a really nice matte finish. I really don't like a shiny finish on leather and vinyl.

Last edited by Gungriffin; 04-24-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:41 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
If you want to preserve the leather as factory new - use Sonus. If you want shiny (ArmorAll-look shine) use Lexol.

I use Sonus and as little as possible.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:43 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by adias
If you want to preserve the leather as factory new - use Sonus. If you want shiny (ArmorAll-look shine) use Lexol.

I use Sonus and as little as possible.
you keep writing that.. I just used Lexol today and it's only shiny when it's wet. It dries and you wipe off the extra and it's not shiny at all.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 04-24-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Gungriffin
are you looking to feed or protect the leather?
good point.. I use 303 for protection against the sun and the Lexol to condition. I use Lexol cleaner on rare occasion if the leather is dirty.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
good point.. I use 303 for protection against the sun and the Lexol to condition. I use Lexol cleaner on rare occasion if the leather is dirty.

Ha ha got caught up editing the post about 303 aerospace and I agree 100% on using it for protection.

Another product for cleaning is Leatherique Prestine Clean. It is not exactly cheap, but is amazing how well it works. Then once it dries finish it out with 303. It will leave a finish that looks like it just left the factory.

Last edited by Gungriffin; 04-24-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:27 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I find that Lexol leaves a tacky residue. I have started using this with excellent results:

http://www.detailersdomain.com/leath...nandvital.aspx

Old 04-26-2010, 05:16 AM
tobyport is infamous around these parts
+1 Leatherique.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is infamous around these parts
LeatherMaster products are excellent. Much better than any others I have used including all those mentioned (which my wife now uses to clean her pocketbooks )

Try leather master...

Matt