997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Post your Morning Startups: X51 Headers and FVD Sport Cats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 06:29 AM
gadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to behold
Post your Morning Startups: X51 Headers and FVD Sport Cats

This is how my Sports Car sounds like every morning before I head out for work. What you initially hear are my fasten seatbelt chime, Valentine One Radar detector and Laser Interceptor Laser Jammer initializing, and finally the aggressiveness of my X51 Headers combined with FVD Brombacher Sport Cats (200 cells). Thanks for watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-puHFmDziU

Post some of your video clips of your morning start up.

Best Regards,
Darren

Old 04-25-2010, 08:49 AM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Sounds great, nice throaty gurgle.Did you ever consider adding PSE to your setup?

Your passengers must be thinking wtf? Am I in a Porche or a rocket getting to launch with all the beeps and comentary coming from the car upon entry. Very cool!

Old 04-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Your car talks! Sweet!

Old 04-25-2010, 10:04 AM
gadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bavorak
Sounds great, nice throaty gurgle.Did you ever consider adding PSE to your setup?

Your passengers must be thinking wtf? Am I in a Porche or a rocket getting to launch with all the beeps and comentary coming from the car upon entry. Very cool!
Thanks for the comments.

Is there any advantages of getting PSE installed? I think it will only give a louder aggressive sound. My C4S was never equiped with one and I would have to include an on/off button on the console.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see why you would swap the current OEM cans for PSE's. They are quite heavy and expensive. Further, most aftermarket mufflers are reasonably quiet until you get aggressive with the throttle. I really like my Fabspeed header, muffler, x-pipe setup but I suspect most of the top-name brands will be an upgrade. Saves quite a bit of weight.

BTW, love the talking car thing. When you say, 'Open the pod bay door HAL', what does she say?

Old 04-25-2010, 10:37 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gadgetman
Thanks for the comments.

Is there any advantages of getting PSE installed? I think it will only give a louder aggressive sound. My C4S was never equiped with one and I would have to include an on/off button on the console.
`

Go to this thread on rennlist :

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...-used-pse.html

read post # 29; that says it all

Old 04-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Here's mine with 200cpi AWE cats..same cats as FVD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28uLDWVoG4U

Dave

Old 04-25-2010, 02:23 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Thanks for the comments.

I'm not sure there are any advantages besides having the switch to go from loud to quiet and the fact that I feel PSE has the most authentic Porsche sound. The sound part is subjective I guess.

I have been contemplating adding Sport cats to my PSE for some time now, I just think it will give it a little more snap and crackle.

Your setup is nice the way it is, I would love to hear it in person.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Dave,

Wow! Your C2 Roars like a lion. Sounds really aggressive.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by bavorak
I'm not sure there are any advantages besides having the switch to go from loud to quiet and the fact that I feel PSE has the most authentic Porsche sound. The sound part is subjective I guess.

I have been contemplating adding Sport cats to my PSE for some time now, I just think it will give it a little more snap and crackle.

Your setup is nice the way it is, I would love to hear it in person.
I've posted some drive by and interior sounds of my setup, X51 Headers and FVD Sport Cats. When you look at my video again, click on the upper left where you see df2gadgetman videos and expand that. You'll see the other videos I've uploaded.

Regards,
Darren

Old 04-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
I'll play. Dangled my iPhone from a box... sorry its kinda swinging in the breeze.

Cold start with a few light revs to 3K.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZnYPzsyp4

Last edited by Axxlrod; 04-25-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
I'll play. Dangled my iPhone from a box... sorry its kinda swinging in the breeze.

Cold start with a few light revs to 3K.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZnYPzsyp4
Sounds, nice and I love the exhaust tips.

I thought you had an earthquake in California. jk

Regards,
Darren

Old 04-25-2010, 06:50 PM
docfink is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Verde
I don't see why you would swap the current OEM cans for PSE's. They are quite heavy and expensive. Further, most aftermarket mufflers are reasonably quiet until you get aggressive with the throttle. I really like my Fabspeed header, muffler, x-pipe setup but I suspect most of the top-name brands will be an upgrade. Saves quite a bit of weight.

BTW, love the talking car thing. When you say, 'Open the pod bay door HAL', what does she say?
I guess it depends on the sound you want. I was looking for a CPOd X51 car and just found one. I really like the sound of that package over AFM mufflers/exhausts I've heard--not that the others aren't great, it's just my preference. I usually run in sport mode, but having the button is actually kind of nice.

I don't see weight as an issue here; on a bicycle, yes; a primarily road going Porsche? No. The extra 30 lbs. (maybe) is irrelevant to me.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Dave,

Wow! Your C2 Roars like a lion. Sounds really aggressive.
Yes she does...thank you sir.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:12 AM
tobyport is infamous around these parts
Great thread. Thank you all for sharing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post your Morning Startups: X51 Headers and FVD Sport Cats