997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sebring track day, June, 6Speed ONLY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:27 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Sebring track day, June, 6Speed ONLY

I've been talking with a few members of the forum and I'm going to go ahead and book Sebring Raceway for an entire day for 6Speed members only.

Obviously cost varies depending on numbers but I'd like to see if we could get 20-25 people at a maximum to keep the track nice and clear. I am of course open to pay more if we wanted to have even less people.

Unless I can negotiate a better deal (quite possible) the base cost of doing this including all marshals, fire and ambulance from 9am-5pm would be $630 for 20 entrants or $500 if we made it to 25 people.

There is a non refundable $2000 deposit which I will take care of when we solidify a date and payment is due at least 2 weeks before the event date.

Please post in here if you are interested and of course feel free to PM me if you wish.
I will post this up on the Florida forum too but I wanted to offer it up here as well in case people wanted to travel down/across

Last edited by DaveHutchinson; 04-28-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:35 PM
andrewdr is infamous around these parts
That is a nice gesture. However, save yourself some money and come up June 13th (Sunday) with Safemotorsports.com. Last week we had about 43 cars and the track was empty. Cost is $350 + $50 membership.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:51 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I am at Sebring this weekend with Chin and back again in a few weeks with PBOC.

Will you be at any of these events?

andrewdr, I have heard about SAFE and need to check them out.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
We were at Sebring for chin 2 weeks ago and then in 2 weekends again well be there with PCA.. Id love to attend an all 6speed event and I would bet if we promoted enough we could get 40 cars locked in and drop the rate considerably..

Mike

Old 04-29-2010, 01:01 AM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
I'm in

should be fun. the only question is what to bring.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:09 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Are you going to have run groups?
Are you letting guys that have never tracked a car on the track with out an instructor?
Who is working the flagging stations?
Did you hire a medic/ambulance?

Old 04-29-2010, 09:50 AM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdrums
Are you going to have run groups?
Are you letting guys that have never tracked a car on the track with out an instructor?
Who is working the flagging stations?
Did you hire a medic/ambulance?
Yes we'll do groups, naturally I wanted to keep the numbers low for that very reason. This is why I was looking at 20-30 tops as opposed to 40+.

Instructors are something I need to look into, a very good suggestion however.

Flagging stations/medic/fire/ambulance are all included in the cost, that's all sorted.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by DaveHutchinson
Yes we'll do groups, naturally I wanted to keep the numbers low for that very reason. This is why I was looking at 20-30 tops as opposed to 40+.

Instructors are something I need to look into, a very good suggestion however.

Flagging stations/medic/fire/ambulance are all included in the cost, that's all sorted.
Great, I am interested.

I also instruct for PCA, Chin, PBOC. I will be at Sebring this Saturday if you will be there lets talk.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Great, I am interested.

I also instruct for PCA, Chin, PBOC. I will be at Sebring this Saturday if you will be there lets talk.
Any chance you want to go to Homestead Sunday?? I have a friend who locked out of PCA on Sunday because they are short 1 instructor.. LMK if by chance you can instruct that day..

Mike

Old 05-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Great, I am interested.

I won't be sadly but that would be fantastic if you could offer instruction .

I have 8 completely confirmed people and another 5 tentative so that's 12 total already.

I've messaged a moderator to get this thread mirrored in the rest of the forums so that we can generate a little more interest.

Once I have sufficient interest I'll put up a date poll and move on it immediately.