997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What tunes do you listen to in your Pcar?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:50 PM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
What tunes do you listen to in your Pcar?

Hey, I started a thread on this subject in the Turbo 997 forums here and on Rennlist. Seems they are a bit slow to respond.

So, How about it? What tunes do you listen to in your Pcar for your road trips and/or your daily commutes? (the flat six doesn't count for this quasi-survey, but it is a good listen!)
Also, if you have an aftermarket sound system, tell us all about it! (cheerleading music to follow...)

Old 04-29-2010, 12:39 AM
jon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of light
James Holden - At the controls

One of the bests cds for road trip ever launched.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:48 AM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
currently listening to page and plant

I have a stock system. The bose that most complain about but it seems just fine to me.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:02 AM
REBor8 is infamous around these parts
I, too, think the Bose system is great! Musical tastes range from hip-hop to classical, all inclusive. With the 997.2, the connections for usb and ipod keep everything at your fingertips. And, if you want something unknown, there's XM. Crank it up and let the miles fly by.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:26 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It can vary from day to day.

Yesterday it was Phantom of the Opera -
Today it was Buckcherry

Last edited by yrralis1; 04-29-2010 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:33 AM
echere88 is infamous around these parts
For the trip, I like to play hard rock or heavy metal - However, "Led Zeppelin I" is my favorate album on the road.

For commute, I listen classic rock - Clapton, Boston, Journey, Styx, Foreinger, etc.

hey hey my my, rock'n'roll can never die...

Old 04-29-2010, 02:51 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
I mostly listen to WAV files ripped onto my iPod - random. But lately, I decided to to do albums - today was Robin Trower / Bridge of Sighs and with the Bose on Linear/Surround/+2 Bass/+2 Treble, it sounded fantastic. What I notice about the Bose setup is that it is not forgiving for a bad mix, but that Trower album is done right and it really shows.

I need to redo my iPod though - I have a stack load of Glenn Gould Bach and Beethoven piano that I need to load in. Piano usually sounds really good on the Bose setup.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:53 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Regarding music and Porsches

There's a lot of porsche videos with soundtrack BUT this Carrera Gt video fused with Bender (Isolate) is my favorite combination.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-chDDWQ_Zo

Old 04-29-2010, 04:54 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
I think my car came with radio delete........I listen to AWE

Old 04-29-2010, 06:11 AM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
I can't stress this enough...do not listen to Pantera unless you want to get pulled over. Sammy Hagar ain't got $h!% on them. I did go the aftermarket route with Audison and Hertz components and could not be more thrilled. I got back the midrange that was notoriously absent from the car originally.

-Alex

Old 04-29-2010, 06:19 AM
nelsonmx is infamous around these parts
Jude Cole......Start the Car......but in all honesty, I spend most of my time with the radio off. I just love the sound of that 3.8 flat six!! Music to my ears!!

Old 04-29-2010, 06:55 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Classic rock, the '60's, and FOX news (XM stations).

+1 on the factory Bose system. One of the best stock setups I've listened to.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:10 AM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
great song, great video, great car

Originally Posted by yrralis1
There's a lot of porsche videos with soundtrack BUT this Carrera Gt video fused with Bender (Isolate) is my favorite combination.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-chDDWQ_Zo
I will own one of these someday. I'm thinking 35th bday present to me

Old 04-29-2010, 07:48 AM
afridi is infamous around these parts
Radio off most of the time. On long trips I might listen to:

The Libertines
Tricky
Pearl Jam
Radiohead
The Who
Led Zep
The Streets
The The
Iggy Pop
Pete Townshend
Peter Doherty
Babyshambles
Dirty Pretty Things
The Rolling Stones
Queen
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

from an ipod with Apple Lossless encoded files.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:41 PM
superman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nice
I haven't listened to a whole song yet. I just can't resist the temptation to turn the stereo down and listen to the music coming from the engine compartment and exhaust....especially when the top is down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What tunes do you listen to in your Pcar?