997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Gundo hack complete!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 07:16 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
i thought it was fair...wasnt trying to rip anyone off...they were less than 1 week old in perfect condition...i thought it was a fair price..the guy wanted them so he could do the gundo hack

Old 05-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Youyou is infamous around these parts
Can't we just do the Gundo Hack on our mufflers that are on our car?
If so why would people buy another set of OEM mufflers.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:26 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Youyou
Can't we just do the Gundo Hack on our mufflers that are on our car?
If so why would people buy another set of OEM mufflers.
You're much too smart for a "newbie". Of course you can and most people do; then, if you don't like them, you buy a set of used OEM for $100.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:55 AM
stv951 is a jewel in the roughstv951 is a jewel in the roughstv951 is a jewel in the rough
any chances you might lose power on this ?
Doesnt that make a strange turbulence on the exhaust ?

Old 05-02-2010, 12:22 PM
avh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to all
So , what is Gundo hack exactly ?

Old 05-02-2010, 12:27 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stv951
any chances you might lose power on this ?
Doesnt that make a strange turbulence on the exhaust ?
Of course it does, what would you think?

People who do that are hardly after power mods, it is for show only. And when it even costs same amount of money compared to proper sport cans I think it is quite odd thing to do.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:57 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
To answer one of the questions, I used the 2" pipe as recommended by Gundo. I gave pics of the Gundo mod to the weld guy and told him to basically duplicate it. He did a great job; used 304 Stainless, which I know they use on Fabspeed exhausts for one.

The issue with aftermarket exhausts vs. my budget is this: I don't like the sound of most of them and for a Tubi or Cargraphic system (which I actually like), those are > $2000. And for a 10 hp gain promised by aftermarket manufacturers, I'd rather pay a whole lot less money and get a sound like PSE, b/c that's what I like personally. I had two Porsche mechanics and a friend that races 911's tell me more gain can be had on intakes anyway.

The Porsche mechanic that did my muffler swap-out was rather impressed with the welding, and he also remarked that it's very similar to the PSE design and does essentially the same thing.

And if there's a power loss, I certainly can't feel it. No change in "butt dyno". If it's a similar setup to factory PSE, I would figure that Porsche dyno'd this similar arrangement and found it to be acceptable.

I just can't justify > $2000 for an aftermarket exhaust right now. I'm going to sell my stock mufflers and my resulting out of pocket will wind up being around $400.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:03 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Additionally: I've heard Agency Power, Tubi, Cargraphic, Afterhours mufflers, Fabspeed Maxflo, ...I think the Agency and Afterhours are way too obnoxious (do you really want to set off car alarms when you drive by?) and the Maxflo was under consideration but wasn't quite the sound I wanted. I didn't like the AWE sound either.

I love Tubi and Cargraphic but trying to minimize costs.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
Looks great - that weld job is by far the best I've seen - looks like the welder really took time to do it correctly. Nice to see.

Enjoy your new exhaust!
Gundo

Old 05-03-2010, 12:38 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gundo
Looks great - that weld job is by far the best I've seen - looks like the welder really took time to do it correctly. Nice to see.

Enjoy your new exhaust!
Gundo
too bad u dont get a $1 from all the 'hack' jobs

u da man, Gundo !

Old 05-03-2010, 05:23 PM
big_willy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
too bad u dont get a $1 from all the 'hack' jobs

u da man, Gundo !

His royalty check is in the mail...

Old 05-05-2010, 07:55 AM
already getting good compliments on the sound of the Gundo hack. After softball last night I was driving to hang out with friends, and I was in front of them. My buddy pulled up in his Z4 and remarked how good it sounds.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Snake is infamous around these parts
Houston Gundo

Had the Gundo Hack done on my 997.1 C2S cans last weekend. I did the removal and reinstall and the total cost for the "Hack" was $50. It was a muffler shop I've used in the past and I didn't ask the price when I dropped them off. When I picked them up 5 hours later I asked how much and he said whatever you think is fair. Based on what others are paying I offered $100 and he said that was too much how about $50. Deal. Living in Texas is great!

I like the sound, not as deep as I expected, but certainly worth the $50.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Drummer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Snake
Had the Gundo Hack done on my 997.1 C2S cans last weekend. I did the removal and reinstall and the total cost for the "Hack" was $50. It was a muffler shop I've used in the past and I didn't ask the price when I dropped them off. When I picked them up 5 hours later I asked how much and he said whatever you think is fair. Based on what others are paying I offered $100 and he said that was too much how about $50. Deal. Living in Texas is great!

I like the sound, not as deep as I expected, but certainly worth the $50.
Good Price, I paid $30 for both. It is not the best looking weld but it is not exposed anyway.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Is it really pretty easy to remove and reinstall the mufflers? I am considering doing this as well - but I have no instructions / guide on the mechanics of it all. I will admit I have not looked under the engine to see what things look like - but I have no jack or ramps...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gundo hack complete!!