997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Where can I buy black wheel lug bolts & black wheel locks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 12:29 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
I have a set of those black plastic wheel bolt covers. Those are safer so use. You can have those if you want?
I would be afraid to run plastic wheel covers on my bolts, I have watched balancing weights slide off my wheels (due to heat). BBQ Paint would be my choice

Old 05-04-2010, 12:32 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I would be afraid to run plastic wheel covers on my bolts, I have watched balancing weights slide off my wheels (due to heat). BBQ Paint would be my choice
Hehe I hear ya... these buggers are so darned tight. We ordered them a long time ago for one of Fred's projects. I don't sell them but I have a set or two collecting dust

I think paint is a fine idea too

So many of the aftermarket bolts don't have the proper ball seat

Old 05-04-2010, 12:35 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I have a set of those black plastic wheel bolt covers. Those are safer so use. You can have those if you want?
They won't cover the wheel locks I have, so I think I am going to just go with priming and painting the originals. It should be easy to touch them up when they chip. I appreciate the offer though!

Old 05-04-2010, 12:37 PM
pcs
pcs has a spectacular aura aboutpcs has a spectacular aura about
I run the plastic caps on my street wheels and just leave them off when the track wheels go on.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:45 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
They won't cover the wheel locks I have, so I think I am going to just go with priming and painting the originals. It should be easy to touch them up when they chip. I appreciate the offer though!
No worries and you're likely right about the wheel lock. Either way though you're welcome to have them as is anyone else that wants them They don't take up much room but they'll get dusty otherwise

Old 05-04-2010, 01:16 PM
REBor8 is infamous around these parts
I was asked the question: " why do you mask off just the heads? " and thought a pictures of the process I used would assist. I don't want any paint on anything but the heads. I batched five or ten an once.

Attached Images     
Old 05-04-2010, 03:28 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
No worries and you're likely right about the wheel lock. Either way though you're welcome to have them as is anyone else that wants them They don't take up much room but they'll get dusty otherwise
Well, I could use these and just pain the wheel locks only. PM sent.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Well, I could use these and just pain the wheel locks only. PM sent.
Oki dokes... yours they are.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Excellent. Thank you Sharkwerks!

Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Excellent. Thank you Sharkwerks!
My pleasure and hope they work out

Old 05-05-2010, 12:02 PM
CAL
CAL is infamous around these parts
I like the idea of using the BBQ paint. Thanks for sharing the tip.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Ok considering my wheel color (black, but with a silver outer edge) and the fact that the stock lugs are silver, I'm going with these. They are a little expensive, but I don't have to pay for getting them painted and the pain chipping. Plus, I like lugs with the little hole in the center.

http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/sslugs.html

Last edited by michaeldantep; 06-20-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:50 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Ok considering my wheel color (black, but with a silver outer edge) and the fact that the stock lugs are silver, I'm going with these. They are a little expensive, but I don't have to pay for getting them painted and the pain chipping. Plus, I like lugs with the little hole in the center.

http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/sslugs.html
There is no hole in the center. PM me - I've got a set I'll let you have for the shipping.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
I just painted mine over the weekend. Used brake cleaner first, then Duplicolor black semi-gloss engine paint. Came out just fine. I also had some colored crest caps that needed to be painted black and that came out better than expected. Masking those was easy as I just taped the entire cap, then cut away the extra. I used my fingernail to make the ridge around the crest more pronounced, then used a razorblade to cut away the excess. I put on two coats of back and then some clear and they look great as well. Maybe I'll post a pic when I get home.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
There is no hole in the center. PM me - I've got a set I'll let you have for the shipping.
wow, I wish I would have known. I already ordered these! What type are yours? They aren't the originals?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where can I buy black wheel lug bolts & black wheel locks