997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Where can I buy black wheel lug bolts & black wheel locks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:17 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
wow, I wish I would have known. I already ordered these! What type are yours? They aren't the originals?
Here's what I ordered about a year ago. Sold the car in February kept the bolts. They may be longer than stock since I used with 5mm/7mm spacers.
DESCRIPTION Porsche Stainless Steel Lug Bolts 20 37mm
PRODUCT CODE PART-MMPSSLB37

Old 06-22-2010, 12:20 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Here's what I ordered about a year ago. Sold the car in February kept the bolts. They may be longer than stock since I used with 5mm/7mm spacers.
DESCRIPTION Porsche Stainless Steel Lug Bolts 20 37mm
PRODUCT CODE PART-MMPSSLB37
I wish I would have known. Same things but longer. I paid shipping and they will charge me a fee to ship back and a restocking fee. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 06-22-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Mark Ducati is infamous around these partsMark Ducati is infamous around these parts
Here's a dumb question... When I had my 2007 BMW M6, I bought it used and the lugs were kinda rusted. So I ordered some new black ones from BMW... Before the BMW, I had never seen lug bolts before, must be a German thing?

Will the black bolts from BMW fit Porsche? The ones I got from BMW had a very nice satin matte finish.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:40 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
There are a few things to consider before trying this out, are the length of bolts correct, and are the shape of the bolts the same as the wheels. I am sure the thread pitch will be the same, but IMO I wouldn't try it out.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:10 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mark Ducati
Here's a dumb question... When I had my 2007 BMW M6, I bought it used and the lugs were kinda rusted. So I ordered some new black ones from BMW... Before the BMW, I had never seen lug bolts before, must be a German thing?

Will the black bolts from BMW fit Porsche? The ones I got from BMW had a very nice satin matte finish.
Different thread pitch on BMW and Porsche - bolts not interchangeable.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:58 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Different thread pitch on BMW and Porsche - bolts not interchangeable.
That is good to know, thank you for the info. I would have thought they used a metric course thread pitch, but they are Germans and with them you never know.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:27 PM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
Go for the spacers and not worry about cutting anything...............

Old 08-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
That is good to know, thank you for the info. I would have thought they used a metric course thread pitch, but they are Germans and with them you never know.
I think they are 12mm x 1.5 for BMW and 14mm x 1.5 for the P-car.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:21 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mark Ducati

Porsche uses not only different threads but the bolt heads for BMW are 17mm and Porsche is 19mm

Old 11-04-2011, 01:03 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
Old 11-08-2011, 07:39 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
I just came across this today, I saw a 2012 997 C4S with black lug nuts, and the car was brand new, so I did some digging with the local parts department, and Porsche now offers OEM black lug bolts(standard and +5mm) and locking sets. The regular lugs are part number 970-361-203-00, the +5mm length bolt is WHT-004-676-A, and the locking set in black is 991-361-057-01 and the locking set in +5mm is 991-361-980-01. Hopefully these will be an easy solution to the black lug bolt question.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:23 PM
cholmes1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by REBor8
I just put the black on mine today. Used duplicolor grey primer and gloss black. $8.00 total. Cleaned the lug bolts with comet cleanser to create a water-break-free surface, dried with a hair dryer, masked so only the heads were exposed, mounted on a piece of stiff cardboard and sprayed. The whole job took an 1 1/2 hours and they look great. When I put the silver wheels on, I'll strip the black and paint with silver. Easy.
Very helpful. Thanks.

When you put the bolts/lugs back on did you have any issues with your wrench pulling the paint? I also have some concerns about heat. Any thoughts or issues with yours? I thought about using a high-temp paint like those made for bbq grill covers?

^ Did not read until the end of the thread. Thanks for the info SpeedDemon, always safest to go with OEM

Last edited by cholmes1; 06-17-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by cholmes1
Very helpful. Thanks.

When you put the bolts/lugs back on did you have any issues with your wrench pulling the paint? I also have some concerns about heat. Any thoughts or issues with yours? I thought about using a high-temp paint like those made for bbq grill covers?

^ Did not read until the end of the thread. Thanks for the info SpeedDemon, always safest to go with OEM
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=997S_wheelacc

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/LUGSETLOCK.html