997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Where can I buy black wheel lug bolts & black wheel locks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 11:55 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Where can I buy black wheel lug bolts & black wheel locks

I have searched and tried various ways to find black bolts for the wheels on my car. I don't want to powder coat my originals as it will come off. I don't want caps for the bolts. Does anyone know of a vendor that can sell me anodized (I guess?) black bolts & wheel locks for my 19" Carrera Sport wheels? I found one vendor, but for some reason he only has 38mm bolts (for use with spacers) and I don't want to cut them. I can't imagine it can be this hard to find with the large number of black wheels people have on their cars now. My original silver ones are ugly and have surface rust. Thanks.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 04-30-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:23 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Be careful about that. There have been reports of sheared non-OEM bolts with dire consequences. Surface treatments of metals change their mechanical properties.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:51 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
+1, I would just take some Black spray paint and touch them up when ever they need it.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:11 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
I have searched and tried various ways to find black bolts for the wheels on my car. I don't want to powder coat my originals as it will come off. I don't want caps for the bolts. Does anyone know of a vendor that can sell me anodized (I guess?) black bolts & wheel locks for my 19" Carrera Sport wheels? I found one vendor, but for some reason he only has 38mm bolts (for use with spacers) and I don't want to cut them. I can't imagine it can be this hard to find with the large number of black wheels people have on their cars now. My original silver ones are ugly and have surface rust. Thanks.
Try search next time - you're right, they aren't hard to find. Forget the locks - anyone who really wants your wheels won't let the locks stop them.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...e-p-66082.html

Old 04-30-2010, 02:05 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Try search next time - you're right, they aren't hard to find. Forget the locks - anyone who really wants your wheels won't let the locks stop them.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...e-p-66082.html
I did use search, but I didn't find anyone that had BOTH the locks and bolts. Anyway, thank you.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
+1, I would just take some Black spray paint and touch them up when ever they need it.
I may just do this ..easy and cheap enough.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Banned
Edgy01 is infamous around these parts
I sprayed mine GT Silver (after a good cleaning and priming). Works well. Just be careful when putting the bolts on and off to minimize disturbing the paint.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:00 PM
REBor8 is infamous around these parts
I just put the black on mine today. Used duplicolor grey primer and gloss black. $8.00 total. Cleaned the lug bolts with comet cleanser to create a water-break-free surface, dried with a hair dryer, masked so only the heads were exposed, mounted on a piece of stiff cardboard and sprayed. The whole job took an 1 1/2 hours and they look great. When I put the silver wheels on, I'll strip the black and paint with silver. Easy.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:11 PM
mxk116 has a spectacular aura aboutmxk116 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
Try Wheel Enhancement under "Accessories," then "Lugs and Locks."

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/

Good people who know what they sell. I don't see black bolts but give them a call and see if they can recommend something.

No affiliation; just a satisfied customer.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:16 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by REBor8
I just put the black on mine today. Used duplicolor grey primer and gloss black. $8.00 total. Cleaned the lug bolts with comet cleanser to create a water-break-free surface, dried with a hair dryer, masked so only the heads were exposed, mounted on a piece of stiff cardboard and sprayed. The whole job took an 1 1/2 hours and they look great. When I put the silver wheels on, I'll strip the black and paint with silver. Easy.
Glad it worked for you, post some pictures soon.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:32 PM
REBor8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Glad it worked for you, post some pictures soon.
Here you go!

Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2010, 10:37 PM
That looks great! Nice job.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by REBor8
Here you go!
Very nice. I guess that's the ticket. Thanks!

Old 05-04-2010, 12:08 PM
rated_m is a glorious beacon of lightrated_m is a glorious beacon of lightrated_m is a glorious beacon of lightrated_m is a glorious beacon of lightrated_m is a glorious beacon of light
I looked for black wheel bolts when I got my black OZ's, the original bolts were too beat up to paint so I ended up buying black wheel studs and a set of black nuts and standard steel finish nuts.

This also makes changing wheels way easier especially if you need to run spacers.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:24 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I have a set of those black plastic wheel bolt covers. Those are safer so use. You can have those if you want?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where can I buy black wheel lug bolts & black wheel locks