997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

1 day old, slammed and 20's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 03:29 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Its the way it people comment on how its not for them....

No one is suggesting all feedback needs to be positive.... in fact your reply was not in favor of the mods and that is OK but you did not go any further to border insulting...in fact my reply was stating the mods were not for me, but I did not go further to insult the OP.....

This is for all.....My point is this, if you don't like what was posted then great, post that it is not in your liking, not for you... etc... etc... but no need to take it a bit further and insult the OP... any OP on any thread. I suggest comment as you would in person....Example - Guy shows up at a car meet and you don't like his mods, do you walk up and tell him there are german porsche founders turning in their grave, that they ruined their car, their car is cheesey, ridicolous, wrong spot that Fast and Furious casting call is down the road, and sit them down for a 1 on 1 clinic on why what they did won't gain them much lap time on the track? No, of course you wouldn't, unless you have something to prove and enjoy putting people down...It Just urks me.....

anyway, gotta get back to work.... tried to make a point, some will get it and some will not....

be well

Originally Posted by Minok
You have to balance that with The Emperor's New Clothes. If you she: hey look at this! People will look, and you are, implicitly, soliciting feedback on it. To that end, you deserve and should demand both positive and negative feedback. Having a only the folks that agree with you reinforcing your decision is pretty meaningless without an opposite view as it gives one the mistaken impression the entire world is like you.

I'm one for giving constructive feedback or just an opinion, but not attacking a person or insulting.

Last edited by mickfluff; 05-03-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:42 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mickfluff
For what you ask, cause he likes it..... why can't that be enough?
That ought to be all it takes . So I agree.
However "liking it" includes being able to accept that if he posts it in an open forum he opens himself up to a variety of opinions and being that the change is dramatic it may extend the range of those replies.

If everone in the forum loved my car I would not love it any more than I already do.
If everyone in this forum did not love my car I would not love it less than I do.

That's because who I am or how I define myself or how i view my car is not based on the opinions of others .

However if someone points out that there is something which is either not structurally sound or changes the dynamics of driving I would be open minded enough to hear him out . I may or may not agree but I do feel that part of the learning process involves a willingness to have a value system open to grow (and sometimes it accepts change while other times it only confirms what one thought the first time around) .

Old 05-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
wow, what a thread... first we are presented with a nice looking modded Targa... the thread continues its course until it turns into a opinionated thread...The owner shows his intent and its a valid one. I personally like it, not to a 100% but to a nice 90%. A white Targa is an event in itself, slammed and "20's is huge plus. Let's not put anyone off here and encourage a nice photo shoot, progress of the project and continue to enjoy a diversity of projects.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:58 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sticky4
She was plated yesterday, well she's new to me!

The dealer dropped her off straight to the shop i picked it up today.

KW Variant 3 coilovers (still need to adjust them)
20" Concave Forged with Continental tires

Monday it goes in the Body Shop, GT3 front bumper, CF Techart grill, and Techart side skirts... I'll post pictures when it's done.
To me, it looks like the front shocks are broken. However, you can waste your money in any way you choose just like the rest of us. Aside from the shock issue, it's a beautiful ride.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 05-03-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:10 PM
spoddle is a jewel in the roughspoddle is a jewel in the roughspoddle is a jewel in the rough
Back on topic... What's the status of the GT3 front bumper?

Old 05-05-2010, 01:58 AM
v10nut has a spectacular aura aboutv10nut has a spectacular aura aboutv10nut has a spectacular aura about
Wow your car looks like its on bags! I really like the way the rear looks. For me, I would raise the front to match the rear and it would be perfect. I know when I slammed my viper for the track I had to have it raised a few months later as the springs settled. It started to bottom out a lot and it just about broke my spine. You will never please everyone so if it works for you enjoy! You do have to go pretty low with 20's to make it look right. Have you thought about doing bags so you can slam it for show and raise it for drivability? Congrats on the mods!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:29 AM
mike87 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Christian
Sorry but you ruined it IMO, to each there own
+1 to what this person said

there's a point where you drop it so much, there are negative effects on performance and handling. plus it looks too hood, you having a mid-life crisis in bed-stuy?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:55 PM
tri
tri is infamous around these parts
You guys should all just give each other a break...

Not everyone who drives the same car as you drives it for the same reason. Some people buy & mod their car for personal satisfaction while others do it to show off. Some do it for show, some do it for go, some just can't stop doing it all together... At any rate, to each his own.

To the OP, very nice car and good luck with speed bumps.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Vincent997S is infamous around these parts
What a beautiful car. I like the 997 Targa, the white color on a P-car and your wheels.
Contrast between white an black (roof and wheels) is just superb.
Just a word ... ENJOY !!!

(What about the front bumper?)

V.

Last edited by Vincent997S; 05-07-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:18 AM
lee7758 is infamous around these parts
very nice! how do you like the KW coil over?

Old 05-07-2010, 08:30 AM
mchctsV is infamous around these parts
looks sick great wheel choice

Old 05-12-2010, 01:06 AM
ooowowizstev is infamous around these parts
Such a beautiful car...

Old 05-17-2010, 02:41 PM
sticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura about
Just left the body shop, the front bumper is about 3" from the floor.

It's awesome, have a feeling i will be visiting them often!!

I'll post pictures soon.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:12 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sticky4
Just left the body shop, the front bumper is about 3" from the floor.

It's awesome, have a feeling i will be visiting them often!!

I'll post pictures soon.
GT3 front bumper has the little disposable lip piece that is easy and cheap to replace. DIY so you won't even need the body shop (unless you want it painted and then you could just bring that part in for the paint).

Old 05-17-2010, 04:06 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
everybody has there own opinion to what they think but there is no reason to argue that it is complete BS...as long as there is no stickers,overly sized rims (20's are largest for this car prob) or anything that is completely ridiculous then i dont see a problem.....and besides the car is not being tracked or anything like that just harmless street driving....i think it looks pretty awesome and cant wait to see more pics of this ride btw sticky you handled yourself pretty good without getting raged up like others tend to do

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1 day old, slammed and 20's