997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help! Found loose part under car; please help I.D.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
Help! Found loose part under car; please help I.D.

Pulled out of the garage and found a black rubber piece and have no idea where it came from. I did just recently add the Fabspeed CAI and changed my filter so I was jiggling around in the engine bay. It has a number on it: 999 703 478 40. Pics are attached. Please advise,
thanks

Attached Images    
Old 05-01-2010, 07:12 PM
cl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to beholdcl997 is a splendid one to behold
If you just removed the OEM airbox, it could be the rubber grommet which locates the plastic pins on the bottom of the airbox (sits between airbox and where the airbox sits in the engine bay)
Have a look at the botoom of your airbox to see if it fits over the plastic pins.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:21 PM
thanks. thats a great idea. I can see the blue one towards the rear bumper but I'll slide the airbox out tomorrow and check to see what the front one looks like. thanks!

Old 05-01-2010, 07:33 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gator Skin
Pulled out of the garage and found a black rubber piece and have no idea where it came from. I did just recently add the Fabspeed CAI and changed my filter so I was jiggling around in the engine bay. It has a number on it: 999 703 478 40. Pics are attached. Please advise,
thanks
yes it was a grommet under airbox.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:11 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I tbought it is the glappel gromet for the flux capacitor, it should allow your car to go over 88 mph!

Old 05-01-2010, 09:46 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I tbought it is the glappel gromet for the flux capacitor, it should allow your car to go over 88 mph!
Now I understand how you've earned so many rep points Ed.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:06 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough

Isn't the flux capacitor what makes time travel possible while the car itself runs on its internal combustion engine? Just trying to recollect my memories from "Back to the Future."

Old 05-01-2010, 10:50 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Now I understand how you've earned so many rep points Ed.
Yeah, contributions like this one make me a vital part of this forum

Old 05-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by cibergypsy
Isn't the flux capacitor what makes time travel possible while the car itself runs on its internal combustion engine? Just trying to recollect my memories from "Back to the Future."
Something like that.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:32 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
That is the part next to the muffler bearing that is connected to the idler pin

Old 05-02-2010, 05:51 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Isn't that part of the Fetzer Valve?

"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State."
-Irwin M. Fletcher

CATTMAN

Old 05-02-2010, 05:53 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cattman
isn't that part of the fetzer valve?

"hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And i'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably prestone. No, no make that quaker state."
-irwin m. Fletcher

cattman

lmao:d

Old 05-02-2010, 07:56 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
That would be scary to pull out of the garage and find parts that fell out of the car. Glad all was resolved.

J

Old 05-02-2010, 09:28 AM
big_willy is infamous around these parts
1.21 jigawattz

Old 05-02-2010, 03:15 PM
All fixed. That airbox come out in a flash the second time you do it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help! Found loose part under car; please help I.D.